Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from Milwaukee

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Nifty One, Jul 8, 2018.

1. IMG_4097.jpg IMG_3776.jpg Hello Hambers. I'm finally signed up, here's my story. Two years ago on July 2nd, I lost my Dad. He was a lifelong car guy with a passion for the early days of hot rodding and customs. Sometime in '77 he found a '51 Custom Club Coupe, a driver in need of some love and we began a slow but steady resto. The car has a 53 Merc ,three on the tree ,with a 4:10 rear. After years of parts acquisition he had it painted in the mid 80's. We bolted up re-chromed bumpers and many grill pieces in the driveway, made door panels and covered the seats with a pleated seat covers. He enjoyed that car for nearly 40 years, attending most car shows in our area. As you can imagine , it is with great honor that I take take possession of Nifty One. My last car was a 69 Fairlane with a 351C that I built up from the block. Had to sell that one to help pay for kid's tuition, so I have been without. Since I got the 51 I've done a few things. My son and I have made a new wiring harness, installed a new master cylinder, front springs, dropped uprights, sandblasted primed and painted wheels, restore and paint steering wheel, new clutch and pressure plate and finally installed the overdrive unit my Dad had acquired years ago. New weatherstrip for the front vent glass and 1/4 windows, new glass felts and driver glass. Top that off with a new set of Coker Classics and we are ready to drive this into the future, restoring as we go.

Douglas

Here's a pic of my Dad, and one as the car sits now.

Max Gearhead and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Sweet looking '51, Douglas. Welcome and enjoy your HAMBtime.............Don.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

WOW. That is one nice ride. Enjoy. Jimmie

4. welcome from New Berlin

5. jfh1959

jfh1959

Welcome from Ohio!

6. Thanks guy's.
    I just picked up some 3" lowering springs to replace the rears. I'll work on getting those installed, then get an alignment.
    Douglas

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. rc57

rc57

Welcome from Colgate