Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Auto City Glass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 325w, Jul 16, 2018.

1. IMG_2336.JPG IMG_2336.JPG Ordered a w/s for the 54 Tudor from ACG. No problems came early by FEDEX. Left on the front porch. Big box standing on its end?

2. rc57

rc57

Curious why your thread is aimed at ACG instead of FedX. I've had great service with ACG.

3. 1pickup

1pickup

The FedX guy doesn't know or care what's in the box. Or, the hundreds of other boxes he delivers every day. He just wants to get home & work on his hot rod too. Unless the box specifically states "THIS END UP", etc, he has done his job well. Especially considering how heavy it is, you should be very happy it was left where it was.

Deuces likes this.

4. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

The way mine was packed it would have made no difference.

5. Why not Deep Ellum Auto glass here local ?

6. guessing just maybe...big box on porch.....with all the thefts around the country - maybe a big no no......

7. J53

J53
    from WI

8. lol not big deal to me. I had more complaint about my $1500 laptop being left at the wrong house with signature and fedex not wanting to go back to get it till the next day.

Or my Zeda engine from Zeda Motor Sports for my bike build that came in with the box that looked like two ace venturas tag teamed that mother.

9. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

10. lol if that breaks the glass then that is packing problem cause shipping companies will throw that box around more than a cat knocking it down.

11. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

He could have laid it down across the doorway so you couldn't open the door. Would that have been better?

Looks well packed, did you get 2 of them just in case or did you double post the picture? We can always find something to complain about, be glad it got there and looks to be in good condition.

SPark

12. toml24

toml24

They could have done what Amazon did to me: It must have been stolen. But they left the box behind the bushes at the side of the house and was not discovered for a week. I now have 2 of the same item. That'll teach you Amazon!

13. Fed Ex wouldn't deliver a windshield to my house, had to send it to a friend's shop. With Auto City Classic, it took them 3 tries to get the vent windows correct for my Ford and they didn't even want the wrong stuff back. They even wanted someone to sign for the glass, nobody is home at my house during working hours, finally got them to drop it off.

14. Was not unhappy with ACG. The Fedex guy I think should have laid the box down. I don't use the front door so I don't care. Deep Elm and I just couldn't get it done. Tried them first. The double post was not planned. If you know how delete one. It was not broken. Will be installed tomorrow.

15. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

You can use the edit function to eliminate the extra post!

16. J53

J53
    from WI

...and the first one, it was pointless too.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

62hotcat and hidez57 like this.