Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest San Angelo, TX HAMBers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36tbird, Jul 13, 2018.

1. 36tbird

36tbird

Would like to communicate with San Angelo rodders. Got it in my mind to possibly relocate there and would like to hear about local activities, weather, things to do, etc. PM or post here so I can learn from you. Thanks in advance.

2. glrbird

glrbird

I don’t live there, but use to go there to race at Wall Texas, drag strip, it’s a dry county, small tech college there, not sure how much hot ridding you will find, could be a good area for barn finds, good luck.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. belair

belair

Pretty nice town, has Angelo State University, Goodwill AFB, Concho River. Hot and dry until it rains and turns cold, has two or three of anything you want. In my experiences, ( pastor), both hospitals are good. I live about 75 miles away, fixing to be lots farther. Nice downtown area, easy to get around in. Lots Less humidity than SA.

4. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Not necessarily hot roder's but San Angelo has a chapter of the AACA - Antique automobile club of America.
    contact is Arlen Loshe, 6009 Kingsbridge Dr., San Angelo Tx. 76901.
    I so not have phone or email for him but with this info you should be able to google his info. He should have info on all the car stuff in that area.
    Good luck, Jimmie

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

In 1963 we went over to San Angelo and paid $50 for a 50 Ford and drove it 50 miles to grandpas house :) In 1971 I was driving thru San Angelo and saw a primer gray 55 Chevy Gasser outside a movie theatre. I stopped to look and it turned out that Two Lane Blacktop was playing

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    catdad49 likes this.
  6. catdad49

catdad49

1971 Bien Hoa, Viet Nam. I was in the base Commanders Office waiting for my duty orders to be found. Somehow, Two Lane Blacktop was on (tape, maybe a little fuzzy after all this time) and I watched the whole thing. Did Not help my state of mind at all. The orders were found on the floor behind a filing cabinet (ain't Government Grand)!!!

7. 36tbird

36tbird

Thanks for the info, gents.