Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model A with 32 windshield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Any one out there have step by step photos of how you put in a 32 windshield and front roof section into a model A. I know Brian Bass did it on his coupe way back when. Anyone else have photos of how you did it?

2. If you have a windshield and the roof section you have everything you need. They don’t come with instructions. You can figure it out.

kidcampbell71 and D-Russ like this.
  3. I get that. I was more interested in how some of our members have done it. There is a million ways to chop up a car. Maybe someone has a unique way to install it. I though this place was about helping each other out.

D-Russ and Blues4U like this.
  4. flatford39

flatford39

It's been done on here a number of times. The best one is the guy that did it to his 31 Victoria. Turned out perfect. Maybe someone saved the link and will post it.

D-Russ likes this.

5. kidcampbell71 and D-Russ like this.
  6. brady1929

brady1929

The power of the HAMB.

D-Russ likes this.
  7. Meant it as encouragement, not a criticism.

D-Russ likes this.
  8. A Boner

A Boner

The Vicky sure looks good!

kidcampbell71 and D-Russ like this.
  9. oldsman41

oldsman41

Yeah miss Vicky was the one i was thinking about

D-Russ likes this.
  10. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy, that Vicky is nice! If it were mine, I'd probably try my Weiand with 4 97's on it, but that's about it.:)

D-Russ likes this.
  11. If you would like to send the intake, carbs, breathers, linkage and fuel lines to me I'd be happy to test it all out and report back to you how it all works. ;)

12. El Bombero

El Bombero

This better not be another project. I'm still patiently waiting for you to finish the coupe. At least post progress pictures. Gosh.

13. Getting very close to paint

14. D-Russ likes this.
  15. autoworx1

autoworx1
    from kansas

Great advice....... Have you ever asked a question before? To the original posting, I'd like to see some detailed info on this too. Great question.

16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I think bass’s is also step by step on YouTube if you hadn’t seen that yet- the video, of that he did a few that way

17. Sure have, but I think figuring this out on ones own would be a much more valuable and traditional lesson. Just my observation on this particular task. If you have the A-bone, the '32 parts, a decent picture of a "32 closed car and welding skills the learning curve on this job isn't very steep.

My opinion, whether worth it knots up someones shorts or not, is that learning by doing can be very pleasing and I try to encourage that. Internet consensus is chancy at best...not to say that a review of D-Russes method isn't worthwhile.

What I'd like to hear about now is what the original poster is doing to get the job done.

Charlie

18. autoworx1

autoworx1
    from kansas

Let me know where you are getting the 32 roof sections to go cutting up without direction. I'll take a couple. Better yet, could you just do a tech thread on the entire thing?

This is another typical post of someone who cannot pull it off. Yet they like to cast stones at the guy who ask a simple question on what input others might have. You don't have any good input or you would have replied with such info. Have a nice day.

19. Not worth arguing about.....

BJR likes this.
  20. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Flop did a run of '32 header panels, don't know if he sold out. Send him a PM.
    Flop

21. The pieces that Flop makes are not 32 headers, they just make the top insert on a Model A rounded in the front like a 32.

22. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

IMHO, I have been trying to get Flop to respond to my emails, pm's, & tried calling his # for several months. He either isn't interested in selling any or no longer offers them. I want one also. Bill

23. JWindsor13

JWindsor13
    from Canada

24. woody jim

woody jim

HERES ONE I BUILT IN THE LATE 50s and 60s A 29-A WITH A 32 TOP 100_0973.JPG 100_0966.JPG 100_0969.JPG 100_0974.JPG

D-Russ likes this.
  25. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx