Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Is a bit ''harsh" and it was on it when I got it and one thing is for sure its not another DAMN 32 item that are so cookie cutter and if you had read beyond that post you would have noticed that I have already painted it BLACK, sorry I didn't check with you before I bought what I liked. JW

2. gonzo

gonzo

@nobux what kind of steering box are you running?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. nobux

nobux

Aluminum Corvair that I reversed.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and gonzo like this.
  4. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

much improved, good choice on the black!

loudbang and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  5. Thanks, I have also done the plugs, engine mounts and vacuum advance tube, also the coil holder has black grooves. Exhaust manifolds this weekend. JW

6. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

Nice, cannot go wrong with black! I prefer it to make the clutter "disappear".

Got mine cleaned up Fri night for it's first outing on Saturday... I could've been driving this weeks ago, but hey, I've learned a lot about my tri-power "bolt on kit" :confused:
    ...and now I seem to be having an issue with my torque converter. To not have some kind of quirk to drive it, would be asking too much I guess. I'm done screwing with it for now & going to try to enjoy the rest of the good weather this year.

engine9.jpg

shower.jpg

7. Top views give you another perspective. Found a top view picture of my T's mill posted somewhere on the 'net. Thought it was kinda neat, other than plug wires look messy from on top.
    1074809_656862781010602_1173312384_o.jpg

8. NOW- How do YOU like things vs. before?

9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Splashing paint on the air cleaner and the steel fuel line makes a big POP!!.

10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Hey I am with you on the 32 grilles. People who add a bit to make a 32 have some flair , catches my eye but 32s are like pennies. Seen one you have seen them all. I think the 28/29 grilles have a better look than the T .

11. I really like it a lot and so does Mrs W. I think with before I was used to it and couldn't see the forest for the trees kind of thing, I just want to show off the changes and keep looking for other things to do.
    Those two Small Blocks above look super clean:cool::D JW

12. OK, I got busy today and took the exhaust manifolds off, clean and re painted them. Also put some color on the coil holder. Looking at it now, I cant believe how dumb it was before.
    Thanks again for the help guys and there are still some more to be done.:cool::D JW
    [​IMG]

13. And the overview, now that looks a lot sharper with a bit of POP happening!! JW
    [​IMG]

14. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Those little details make a big difference in the appearance of it, good job taking care of them!

15. Sparked

Sparked

Every little detail and the rpu is looking better and better. It’s amazing what those little changes do to the overall look of the truck.

16. Thanks for all the support, the lifting eyes are coming off next. JW

RICH B, patman and loudbang like this.
  17. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

big difference, it looks great!

26 T Ford RPU and loudbang like this.
  18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The friend building my engine is swamped with business. He's a very skilled metal fabricator and that's his major source of income. I dropped off the parts for my engine and told him, "Call me when it's done." Since I'm still job hunting there's no reason to rush perfection. When I dropped off my parts, he had 2 BBC on engine stands and told me I was in line, but I wouldn't be disappointed. My little sisters death in June caught me by surprise, but I'm healing and moving on. She knew nothing about Hot Rods, but she encouraged me to do what makes me creative and happy. So, that's what I'm doing. Moving forward.

Tman, brEad, dana barlow and 7 others like this.
  19. So sorry to hear that,Fred, you have had a hard go lately and I am wishing you all the best Bud. JW

20. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

My condolences Fred, you have had a tough time lately and I wish you smooth sailing from here on! Good for you to carry on as your sister would want you to do.

21. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Sorry to hear about this Fred. Things will start to look up for you Fred. It will get better. Bob................

22. RodStRace

RodStRace

Darn Fred, here's to hoping your life settles back down to nice and boring, so the only excitement is what you build and drive!

Tman, chryslerfan55 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  23. RodStRace

RodStRace

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  24. chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

So, today I called my engine guy and he gave me some good news. He wanted to know if I'd rather have a 327 SBC or a 350. I opted for a 327. A very nice traditional engine with a good power range. He has a friend with an OEM intake and is going to swap my Edelbrock intake for it.

3 job interviews next week. One is with O'reilly auto parts at their distribution center. Things are looking up.

DaPeach, brEad, Tim_with_a_T and 8 others like this.
  26. RodStRace

RodStRace

27. Good choice on the 327 over the 350 and all the best for your interviews next week, Fred. :cool::) JW

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

At this stage of my life, CRAZY, isn't in the equation. My builder knows what I'm looking for and he'll build the engine accordingly. He asked me if I'm still going with an "all black" theme on my car. I laughed and said, "Yup.":)

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Updates, hopefully coming soon.

[​IMG]