Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical rain rail

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 26Troadster, Jul 13, 2018.

1. 26Troadster

26Troadster

i have a 63 chevy truck that i plan on a mild custom. been looking at the rain rail and thinking about removing it. i know the roof will have to be welded down and the welding and grinding is no problem. my question is, has anybody done this on this body style truck? was it worth it in the end? i saw one done this way but never got to talk to the owner about any drawbacks to it. any thoughts?

2. atch

atch

I can't comment on your particular truck, but a friend removed his and told me he got as much rain on him as on the outside when he drove in the rain. He advised me to not remove mine. He apparently tried every trick in the book to seal it up, to no avail.

That said, I think drip rail removal bumps up the aesthetics of about any vehicle.

verde742 likes this.
  3. I have seen it done on the next gen bodies. They fared well enough. Like @atch said, you are liable to get wet. It is purely a SoCal Custom thing and you know what they say, "it never rains in Southern California . . ."

dana barlow likes this.
  4. If you like the look go for it but if you ever decide to sell the truck you will regret ever removing the drip rails,there is a reason they are on the truck,to keep rain out. HRP

verde742 and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Don’t remove them.
    That’s just too street roddy.
    Don’t make a bathtub out if it. Rain entering the cab will always be a problem.

verde742 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. 26Troadster

26Troadster

thanks, that is all i needed to hear. ok more time on other things. yall have a great weekend.