Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Thor... really enjoying hanging out with you guys again too... all of you. Thanks for the kind words, Gizmo, and Thor, for the offer to hang out sometime. Keep smiling? You bet... LOL.

Steve... I hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread for just a moment and share something very nice with you and some of the other guys here... some good news just to show that I really am doing better these days. It's something that I never thought would happen... or that I even wanted to happen.
    Her name is Anna. She loves me. I don't know why... I'm blown away by it. I love her very much. She's funny and sweet... I tell her that she and Sandy would've gotten along famously. Anna has lupus... she often doesn't feel 100%. She keeps her hair very short now cuz she lost some of it. Yet she still has such a positive outlook. I think she's beautiful. We've become very very close friends... first. Maybe more to come, we'll see. Most importantly, we're grateful for each other. And guess what... she knows cars! And she loves the old ones! She amazes me with her knowledge and abilities and can-do attitude. She was often forced into it in years past, because there was no one to help her. She told me how she once changed her own starter motor... in the street... with very limited tools. She's so expressive, LOL. "Yup, yup, YUP... it took ALL DAY, but I DID it... All by MYSELF!"
    Here's a picture of her and her son, Zander... ("Z" for short) He really is a great kid... calls me "Mr. Rick" LOL. He likes cars and trucks too. Anna told me that they once saw a hot rod Model A. Z said to her, "Mom... that's one of the homemade ones!" Lol.

[​IMG]

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    belair, Saxman, chryslerfan55 and 3 others like this.
  2. Loving the positive vibes coming from this thread. Hope it’s contagious.....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-car...p_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

If anyone is interested 10k Canukistan $ takes the car and every 46-48 part I have, thanks to my slut of a soon to be ex wife who tried to kick me out of the house I bought and paid for ....I’ll explain more later , it will just stress me out to talk about what that cunt has done to me.... a 55-61 Chevy or Canadian Pontiac project , a nice full size 70’s gm boat , squarebody half ton beater??? Try me, up to about 3k . I’m in Nova Scotia, due to health issues and 0$ I can’t really help much to help ship it but will do what I can if someone here is actually interested. It was fun for a long time, thanks for the support everyone, I certainly didn’t want this outcome...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

[​IMG]

5. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Geeze.... what can I say?
    I was wondering about how you were doing just the other day and was going to try to connect.
    This absolutely sucks.

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  6. Sorry to hear the car is up for sale and things are not most favorable at the moment. Keep you chin up, you've been though the ringer and had better days after, this too will pass to sunnier days.

7. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man that sucks. Really sucks.

8. Steve I am sorry to see you have to sell this car. I hope what you are experiencing personally improves in the near future.

9. raidmagic

raidmagic

Well this bums me out.

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Steve... Ex wife did it to me, too...Luckily, low equity drove her to Redding, Ca. (a furnace)
    Lost some very costly cars as a result, but thank God & Greyhound, she's gone.
    A year later, I met the nicest, prettiest, smartest female I'd ever met...sadly, she was 13 years younger.
    But she convinced me that she picked her friends, regardless...2 months later, she was assembling Porsche engines with me in my shop. (No, not 'handing me tools')
    Married her 5 years later, that was 35 years ago. We're still very married.
    It CAN happen to you. Keep the faith, a lot of guys here are pulling for you.

11. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I am really sorry to hear about that shit. Well, i guess only thing i can say is good luck with everything!
    Life can be a bitch sometimes..

48fordnut and koolkemp like this.
  12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Joe, if you want any or all the 36 stuff please call, I’ll make you a smoking deal on it all...I’ve been waiting for my brother to get a title for me through Ontario, so I could sell it for real money( for around here anyway) but for whatever reason he decided it was a no rush situation and didn’t bother doing it, so I’m gonna list it as a bunch of parts if you don’t want it, not wasting any more time for my brother to do nothing , I’ll put some pics up tomorrow

13. koolkemp

koolkemp

Not just selling the car, lm loosing everything because of illness , a back stabbing skank and a family that defies description...

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

Not just selling the car, lm loosing everything because of illness , a back stabbing skank and a family that defies description...

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

If you only knew, there’s fuck all left after this, I’m slowly and painfully dying too, of multiple issues, they just can’t tell me when ...symptoms will increase dramatically when I soon have no shop to work in and am forced to be a shut in with nothing to do....several Drs have told me I’d likely already be in a wheelchair if I was a couch potato, but the fact I spend every second I can puttering around the shop keeps me from seizing up much worse.....no better days ahead no matter how optimistic i am ...

16. Jeez that's horrible man. So sorry.

17. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Well, if you're gonna die anyway, you ought to go out with a bang.

Keep the car, drive it like you stole it, raise hell, have fun, and let your damned ex-wife and shitty family pay the debt after you kick. If you really don't have a tomorrow coming, that opens up a lot of options that are otherwise foreclosed. I mean, what're they gonna do, eat ya?

Just 'cause they wrote your finale as a tragedy don't mean you've gotta play it that way.

18. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Wow man, so sorry to hear, wish there was something I could do...

1959Nomad likes this.
  19. "if its got tits or wheels there's going to be problems"
    I'd drive your custom till you can't drive anymore. Then you'll have some great memories to fall back on when things aren't going so well. That's just my 2 cents.

20. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Steve, I was talking to Roger today, at the car show . He and I will be planning a trip your way super-soon.
    As for deals.. I appreciate it man, but after having to leave my job due to health I'm living on a shoestring budget with a velcro lifestyle... meaning it's not held together by very much. One good yank and it flies open and all the magic escapes.
    With all the parts that you have, there should be someone wanting them for the deals you will offer.
    I'm sure you had my phone number to text me... if not, shoot me a private message... or ask Roger. I told him to give you the number too.
    We'll be up that way soon.
    I used to joke that it's hard being human. But the older I get the less I joke about it.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  21. banditomerc

banditomerc

Hey Steve,this is David.I built the Ayala tribute car at the same time u started urs...having gone thru divorce 6 yrs ago and losing my ass,paying alimony til I retire(4 more yrs),living in a apt,washing my cloths at laundry mat,etc...I look forward with no regrets,no monkey on my back...f..k the past,I hang with people who care to,have a new gal,finishing a current 4 yr. project (that I believe saved my sanity)..hope u too can find a way to get thru the darkness.....there is light..

22. Well Steve , what a curve thrown at ya. What can any of us say ?It's just a shitty situation. I feel that in asking for anything you have is like , well you know what I am driving at . If your needing to liquidate I would be interested Mercury stuff , Front Window garnish moulding primarily . I would make the drive down if you where willing , we can shoot the shit if your up to it , I can lay down some $$$ again only if you are up for it . Let me know , Andy..

23. Squablow

Squablow

I'm really sorry to hear that, I'm not sure what else to say. I hope you can find a buyer for your stuff. The coupe is looking great, anyone would be lucky to have it for that price.

1959Nomad likes this.
  24. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

having been divorced twice I can relate to what you are going thru. Remember Karma is a B***h, she will find that out. Both my ex wives have contacted me trying to get back together, fortunately I am now with someone for 15 years that is so much better. It took 25 years for the first one to reach out and
    I must say it gave me pleasure to tell her I was happy in a commited relationship.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  25. Steve we on board with the Mercury windshield
    request ,?

26. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Hi folks. On Monday, two of us visited Steve.

He just asked me to post a bit of an update here because he isn't getting online much, if at all.

He wanted you all to know that he isn't doing very well at this time and everything is on hold. There are no "plans" to sell the car for now but I think things could all change at any time. He has a lot on his plate and his health isn't very good at all.

He is puttering around in the garage when he can, to help keep himself mobile but it's very tough for him.

If someone needs to get a message to him you could just pm me and I'll call or text him.

ffr1222k, Stogy and Kroombit like this.
  27. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Man....everything about this really sucks.
    Hope things come around for him. He's a great guy.

28. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Yes he is....
    It's not a good situation at all.
    It's hard being human... as you know.

29. philo426

philo426

Yeah all that work he did ,isn't right somehow!

30. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Joe, I'm glad that Steve has you as a friend.

Steve, much respect for the absolutely awesome work you did and allowed us to witness. We all watched in awe as you morphed a sedan into this beautiful custom coupe. Thank you for entertaining us so.

Personally, I'm happy that you and I had some time to talk. I enjoyed our conversations. I'm happy and honored to know you.

Steve, everything's gonna be ok...even if it isn't.
    In the words of my late wife...
    "We need to thank and praise God always...
    no matter what...no matter what happens."
    God bless you, my friend.
    God bless us all.

RDR, ffr1222k, Hackerbilt and 9 others like this.