Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wait.........something has gone missing!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 34Larry

34Larry

A complete (4) page thread just up and gone on Streetrod vs. Hotrod has disappeared, call the cops. Or is it that I'm just not able to find it? And for me it was so informative too. Oh well this one will be history to I'm of the opinion. Having to be "traditional" with your ride might have something to do with it I fear. Sad that because there are so many guys here that really just want to help traditional or not traditional rod type guys out. Now I could be wrong on that but none the less that thread seems to perhaps fallen outside the stringent parameters of this site. I really like HAMB, but if someone has a suggestion on where I might fit in, (actually that is all I would like), I'd sure go there to post and only look in on this one for great and good guidance.
    Oh yeah, I changed my Avatar from my late dog Max to a shot of my mistakenly "non-traditional" 34 3 Window, I hope I'm not upsetting someone, that is not my intention.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. manyolcars

manyolcars

Most of the cars on this website would have never been considered as suitable for a hotrod in the 1940s, 50s or 60s

X38 and HunterYJ like this.
  3. philo426

philo426

Some new mods have a heavy hand.They feel they have to assert their authority!

5window and Hnstray like this.
  4. SR100

SR100

5. It was a dead-end street anyway.

mgtstumpy, Tim, Hombre and 4 others like this.
  6. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't get hung up on labels, just go out and drive it and quit worrying about it.

-Abone.

The Mullet, NoSurf, oldpl8s and 20 others like this.
  7. You seem bound and determined to talk about your car here, one that doesn't really fit in on this site, and then acted shocked every time the thread get deleted. I would think by now you would have figured it out.:rolleyes:

8. while your looking, keep an eye out for my virginity, i lost it about 40 years ago......

9. Words of wisdom. HRP

[​IMG]

ct1932ford, Hotrodmyk, Tman and 19 others like this.
  10. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Don't worry, I hear if you don't use it for a while it will grow shut again:confused:

11. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

You said it Danny! That was one of my Mom's favorite sayings

exterminator likes this.
  12. 34Larry

34Larry

Lesten……….you and the rest of the crowd who are dividing this culture into elitists. All I ever understood about being included and accepted in the auto hobbyist world was/is that you built/bought a rod or custom and joined the crowd that had done the same. You then could converse, hang out, and be accepted a participating person with in the entire hobby. A good friend from Minnesota introduced me to HAMB and encouraged me to tell my story, and show the build, which I did. Again...…….I was not aware nor was I ever told in the years since that this site was for cars that cloned exactly the cars of the 30's, 40's and 50's and had I been given that knowledge I damn, sure would not have stuck around.
    Hell, the rules after I read them didn't make sense either because 2/3's of the cars on here were in violation in one way or another any how. So what the hell I'd been allowed to post at time for a goodly amount of time so I just kept on keep'n on.

So now after all this and all the bullshit from folks like you I'll just leave and call it a bull shit site.

redo32 likes this.
  13. dragey

dragey
    from Brisbane

My mum’s favourite saying was “Ben don’t bloody touch that you’ll break it” haha

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

15. Muttley

Muttley

Would you go to a steakhouse and bitch and moan that they don't have any vegan options? If you don't understand what you don't understand things may get a little rough for you from time to time. Understand?

16. exterminator

exterminator

LOLLLLOLOLL

Blue One likes this.
  17. OT is OT and that’s that
    Is the Hamb a little grey on what traditional is now, compared to 10 years ago?

I came when the Hamb first started looked, lurked did not post as it was not what I was into, it was still cars. I used the classifieds ( got scammed, and still kept coming back) —- still never posted as I did not own a Hamb friendly car and T’s and A’s basically anything pre 45-ish I considered “ primitive”

Anyways fast forward 10 years the Hamb has calmed down a bit ( and my thought on traditional at this point in time is as long as it’s built in a traditional way ...... it’s ok)

The knowledge , tech,history and comrade on this site are second to none!

Some stuff stays , some gets deleted. If your posting about the car in your avatar I can see why it’s getting zapped (I think it’s still a bitchin’ Ride, :cool:)

But not so much on the Hamb friendly gauge.

As some have posted “ most of the stuff in here is not “ trad” well RYAN needs “ clicks” and advertising bucks to keep this site going so the lines are fuzzy and a little grey..... or is that the coors?
    F58C9460-B43C-484A-B838-78014C4E9CD7.jpeg

Anyways this site is one of the best sites on the net for knowledge and information about cars, rods history , people etc.
    If your gonna get your panties in a knot the only thing that happens is YOU walk funny.

If you want to leave then leave,nothing worse then a soap opera between men.

EC65BE0D-0BC7-434D-9FA2-001F6A6EFFCD.jpeg

Boryca, Blue One, Texas Webb and 2 others like this.
  18. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

What the guy is upset with is a legitimate problem. He said, show him where to go . He didn't say he wanted to change things here. Since the internet and forums came along Ryan was at the age of those introduced and familiar with this new form of communication and his interest in the hot rod world is limited in scope. This changed the way things have been for generations. The generations before him accepted any and all hot rods as part of the community. He has every right to do this as it is not his responsibility to cover the rest of our interests. At first I was really pissed at him for being placed in such an important time and place in our hobbies history and chose to exclude the largest portion of it. But as time went on I accepted the fact that nothing lasts for ever. The problem lies in the fact that the older hot rodders are not educated in or have the interest in becoming forum operators and are looking for a place to fit in with their varied interests. The hobby as a whole has died off significantly in numbers since this forum has been basically the only place to go to get in touch with the old crowds and guys like the OP feel rejected and get fed up with their life long hobby. It amazes me that some here find it humorous that these guys want a place to go and can't find one where they don't have to change their build interests to a narrow range acceptable to a few. Most of us have accepted the fact that the way things were will never be again and try to enjoy the reminents of whats left of our life long hobby We keep our unacceptable hot rods to our selves and converse on here about whatever topic closly relates to our cars. It seems the small portion of our hobby that one hundred percent fits into this category are enjoying fitting into this exclusive group but I am afraid that when the dust settles their small numbers will be easy targets for the bloodthirsty legislators. We have enjoyed protection in our hobby for years because of the strength in numbers. Seems those days are gone. We have destroyed ourselves from within.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  19. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

Forgive me of my ignorance, but why exactly was his ride off topic? I get that the jaguar rear axle was a tad iffy, but beyond that it all appeared to be in line with what other people have done on here.

Edit: also, why do people on here seem to have a problem with cars that are being resurrected that otherwise would eventually end up on a scrap heap or rusted into a pile of iron oxide? It seemed to me that keeping older cars running on the street, the cars that are not fuel injected or otherwise modernized, is a big part of what most here do, not build only to race or something.

20. Well there's your problem!!!!
    Buy a house and you're a home owner, sure.
    buy a Harley - you're a biker? Nope
    That guy gets all pissy too lol
    Buy an old car and you're a gear head - nope. This guy gets pissy too.
    Buy a historic Hot rod and your a traditional hot rodder ,,, caretaker yes.
    Buy a historic hot rod and make it something different - ummm lemme see. oh yeah that it.

joel, hrm2k, RMR&C and 1 other person like this.
  21. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

Hell, when I first found the forum I was confused and went obviously off topic. I regrouped after my original thread was deleted (it was about making a 2005 Buick sound like my Thunderbird), came back and have been involved mostly in keeping older cars driving, or getting them to that point either in my home town or by helping where I can online (admittedly, y’all are much wiser than I am, the trade of information is pretty one sided usually). The “young” blood is more concerned with balancing life and somehow keeping their fun car on the road and out of a shop than whether their rear axle was available in 1965 or not, or other nuances like that. It’s why they do swaps that aren’t stock and come here instead of an AACA forum or something.

dirty old man likes this.
  22. Many many many valid points, so many I can't count them. But the driving point is being completely missed.

Let's say this sight were about tomatoes. Perhaps a spirited argument about tomatoes being a fruit or a vegetable could be fun. Talking about the garden where tomatoes grow might pass though certainly NOT a tomatoe. Taking about carrots is not tomatoes. Even though carrots grow in the same garden and are right next to tomatoes in the store, still not a tomatoe. Talking about an elevator shaft is not tomatoes either.
    No body says gardens, carrots or elevator shafts are wrong, but they damn sure ain't fucking tomatoes. To keep talking about a carrots, to long for acceptance of your carrot from tomatoe guys is pitiful. To make an argument that your carrot is really a lot like a tomatoe is pitiful. To show your ass and call bullshit on tomatoes because of your carrot is bound to generate some discord and stupid posts like this one you just read.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    TimCT, Boryca, spurgeonforge and 7 others like this.
  23. D17824AF-03F9-4724-9CF5-E7AF55AD309B.jpeg

Trad

But we should get along like

7BBCD8DC-D32B-4781-BEC1-8D53FC0CF758.jpeg

If it gets deleted try again, in a different way.
    You can keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result , Juststupid

Focus on what traditional on your car or what’s excepted and float over what’s not

24. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

When I first got on this site I posted a picture of my T bucket...
    it disappeared.
    Then I posted a picture of my F100 (54)…
    it disappeared.
    Then I posted a picture of my Fairlane 500 (57). That got great reviews.
    Now I know that my glass T doesn't fit the rules for a shitpot full of reasons. Someone reported my 54 because it had modern Centerline wheels, now I know.
    The 57 is bone stock, 292, 3 speed on the column, yada, yada, yada.
    This place has so much to offer like technical help, engine ideas, interior ideas, and so on. The rules are so easy to follow. There is some grey area and some latitudes allowed but the rules are 65 and older. I hate politics, can't we all get along.

ironrodder and 117harv like this.
  25. joedoh

joedoh
    from Wichita KS

the hamb is a bit like grandfathers axe, with its head and its handle replaced many times over the years. truly the great majority of people on this website werent active in traditional hot rods of the 40s and 50s, nor were most even alive. the "be traditional or get out" sentiment is only part of the hamb, not the culture of traditional hot rodding. because I have met some fantastic guys at shows with traditional rods and at the same time have been accosted on the hamb by guys with nothing accomplished but piles of parts and stories of how great it will be. its just not worth worrying about, build what you like and refund the guys who dont like it.

Clay Belt likes this.
  26. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

27. I've not heard that one time, not ever.
    Interests are many and wide by myself and many. Automotive stuff runs the gambit around here. Are we open to talk about an engine swap in 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe? Nobody will tell me to leave because I brought it up. The post would be deleted, not the person, not the other interests. If you want a traditional car build one, and the info is here. Want a non traditional car - build that one too but don't try to to park it in the traditional hot rods only parking spot. No I don't know where you should park it but you can't park it here.

The guys who complain, rationalize, and say it's a problem ,,,about a traditional site being traditional need to get the fuck out of the traditional site. Not think of clever wording to postulate a change in the scope of traditional so their crap fits.

Boo hoo boo hoo you guys are mean, I'm gonna leave and tell everyone you guys don't like me... fine but get it right- the traditional guys wouldn't accept my non traditional car. Big surprise - now don't go away mad just go away.

Thor1, SicSpeed, 37hotrod and 7 others like this.
  28. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Or is it "gray"?.

NoSurf and TimCT like this.
  29. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess I never thought the intent of the hamb was that difficult to under stand. Traditional rods and customs. If you don't understand what that means stay and get educated or go to a site that fits your interests better.

Muttley and lurker mick like this.
  30. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

I, personally, realize my build is not a traditional build, I accept that. It's somewhat traditional in style but not hard line at all. I like the looks of traditional to a point and tweak that look to my liking. My choice. I also understand my car was built with a lot of advice and information from the members of this forum. For that I am thankful. Was here a lot of years before I joined, knew the rules when I did. Love the place but it's not for everyone (thank God)!

There are sites all over this big internet catering to "Special Interest" subjects. The fact that moderators keep their page to a purity level is what makes these places great. They have to have rules and enforce those rules or their page they created and love, disappears in the sea of copycats and posers. I do that on a couple other pages and we (the moderators) know those guidelines and delete posts as necessary to keep the purity and spirit of the group.

If you don't like the moderator's reaction to your posts and get deleted time after time, it falls on you to get your act together. I come here knowing full well my post would be deleted if it was trying to pass my build of as a traditional build and I play accordingly (at least I think I do). If not, they can zap my posts and I know exactly why.

Their page, they own it, I'm a guest.

Thanks Moderators for maintaining the site and all the hard work,
    SPark

RusTnut, Thor1, Clay Belt and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.