Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville Speed Week 2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JC Sparks, Jul 11, 2018.

1. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

It's about a month from now. I didn't see a thread for it so I figured I'd start one. I joined this site about 10 years ago and there use to be a lot of talk leading up to speed week. I guess it's like most things, the old move on and the young are into different things.

I will pull out of Ohio on the 7th, I make a easy 3 day run to the salt.
    The current report from SCTA is that the salt is looking good. (we will see).
    Our goal is to break something, If it's not the record it will be the engine.
    Who else is running on the salt this year? Picture 102.jpg

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

3. pappatyrone

pappatyrone

We will also be leaving on Tuesday the 7th from North Carolina. We will be running D has roadster

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

IMG_2295[1].jpg Bolivian salt meet starting now IMG_2295[1].jpg

5. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

Rich Fox, let's hope it looks like that when we get there.

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I bet it will. This is going to be the year we do good.

7. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Good luck! Start a thread about your progrss of the event while you're there.

8. We are going to be at the "Bend" again this year ! Look for the Wonder Buns Truck to your left as you go around the bend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Stop by, and say Hi !!

9. Helge71

Helge71
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife and me will be there this year for the first time...only as spectators though... We will fly to Salt Lake City on the 10th and head for the salt...plannign to stay at the bend too... Really looking forward to see something for real that I read and watched so much about!

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

don't brag at car rental place about your plans

11. Best tell those car renters you're going to site see in the opposite direction of the salt. It seems they are hip to that chemical reaction under their cars.

12. alwaysamopar

alwaysamopar

We're headed to the salt too. But as spectators . Will be three generations of gear heads there. Can't wait. I'm really excited.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. catdad49

catdad49

For All those traveling to the Salt, I'm So Envious. Hope you have A Great Time. For Those Racing, Go Fast and Break Nothing but Records, even if it's only a Personal Best. I believe it may be in the books for a trip next year, time will tell. Keep an eye out for the VA. HAMB Special XO/PP F100 pick-up, she's a Beauty!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  14. Eric1967

Eric1967
    from Union, Mo

Two of my buddies and I are going as spectators. Pretty excited this is my first time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mad mikey likes this.
  15. Looking forward to Speedweek, always a good time. Hope to drive my yellow coupe, if you see it stop and say hi. Will likely be at the bend as well.

16. Helge71

Helge71
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:) We are renting an RV and are officially planning to visit Yellowstone National Park...;)

Darryl Deir, tractorguy and mad mikey like this.
  17. Good luck to everyone. Have a blast, and kick some salt. Do not forget the sun screen. LOL.:)

Darryl Deir and RMR&C like this.
  18. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Dates... for us that would like to make plans?

19. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

The calendar is at the printer, we have our KOA campground site, a 'new' motorhome to live in, we will not be bringing the race roadster Salt Circus (too hard to work-shoot-and race) but we will be bring the street roadster as the extra set of wheels, Chick will be inspecting you racers for the first few days, and if all goes well with the BNI we will have our sales tent on the start line on course 1 again this year.
    I hope to run into some of my HAMB hero's so I will be looking for Rich Fox and especially Marty Strode.
    See you all there,,, but first-El Mirage this weekend

catdad49, GuyW and loudbang like this.
  20. Just got the word that El Mirage is closed due to rain and wet lake bed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

loudbang likes this.
  21. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Were you hoping I would bring those 800-18s? I am pretty much stuck here at home. But I will be there in spirit so say hello to the 7800 car guys.

mctim64 and loudbang like this.
  22. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Yes, official word tomorrow morning, we might be able to get away with coned wet area,,, might

loudbang likes this.
  23. Heading out on the 6th as we screw around getting out there. Will pull in to Wendover 9th. Running with the Rolling Bones as always. This will be Keiths last year of running his 32 Y block car. Something new for next year he says. Stop by our pit as there will be a couple new bones hot rods hanging out that are very cool...Be safe & go fast everyone!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  24. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

July El Mirage has been cancelled....bummer the roadster was going in the trailer tomorrow to leave Saturday morning...

loudbang likes this.
  25. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

You wont see this at Bonneville[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    catdad49, dwollam, OL 55 and 2 others like this.
  26. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In our dreams Rich.....better head to Bolivia

mctim64 and Tman like this.
  27. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Need a bigger fuel tank. I don't think I could hold it down to the 8. I am usually redy to turn out at the 4. When I even make it on to the long course. Only times I have run down to the 5 was when I had somebody elses engine in the car.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  28. horace urrey

horace urrey

now I know why this time of year the craving for unbearable heat, sunburn, alkali dust, sun blindness and loads of satisfaction keep attacking me. was a 6 year old kid in 1949 when we were on a family vacation and was allowed to spend 5 or 10 minites looking at strange looking smelly cars that sounded wicked and have been hooked ever since.

29. I was in Wendover over Fathers Day weekend, and although we'll probably never see salt thick enough to have to use a chainsaw to cut it, the salt looked pretty damn good for this year.

Mick

DSCF1688 (Copy).JPG