Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Discounting The Consensus

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Jul 9, 2018.

1. wvenfield

wvenfield

I scroll down.......and there is an ad for "Icon pee-proof panties"..............I can't seem to get beyond that right now and don't have anything else to say.

Stogy, anthony myrick and Malcolm like this.
  2. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

What you seek is seeking you. Continue your curiosity of Buddhism.

F&J likes this.
  3. catdad49

catdad49

Snap to brother, that's a hot rod roadster and that 5 7 is not too shabby either! I see nothing wrong with a black 'n red color scheme, but mine's the other way around. Glad you're out of your funk.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I believe the correct term for your funk is jaded.
    Been there done that,looked at variations of the same car so many times you don't even notice them anymore.
    Happens to us all.
    Just takes one car to snap us back to enthusiasm.

anthony myrick likes this.
  5. Nobey

Nobey

You don't see stock wire looms chromed, and used very often. nice touch, and nice car. The 57 story struck a
    note, I learned to drive in my Dad's 57 Ranchero. Wish I had it, and him back today....

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All I see is some vignette of a guy selling Alliance memberships...:(...:)...well thats okay too.

That is one beautiful Hotrod I see so few of these types this way I just about need pee proof somethings if one comes along...:p

@Ryan thanks for sharing this gem with the reality check...can't escape or predict it but you can hop into something or admire perfection and escape a little and that helps

@Automotive Stud knocked it out of the park and then some

@HelmuthBrothers great eye for timeless art that never fades away

7. I got adds for plus sized bathing suits
    life is good

Roothawg, slv63 and Stogy like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:eek:...glad I don't need those things yipes.

9. Fat bottomed girls are very traditional
    They make the rockin world go round

10. You guys know those ads are generated based on the websites you visit, soooooo you're revealing a bit of your personal life when telling what ads you get...…………...just sayin'...……..:D

11. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One damn fine home built hot rod. Might be same old same old to this bunch, but to the world at large it is an eye popping beauty, a classic hotrod. Well done Nick!

12. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

I’ve givin some thought to your post. Interesting. You mentioned perspective, I’ve found that perspective is a huge part of life, it can be Positive or Negative. Caution: do not let Life cause you to paint your day Black. Nick’s Roadster May be considered a dime a dozen by the uneducated society that thinks that everything on four wheels is nothing but a grocery-getter. So sad, how shallow. I see it as rolling Art that someone poured there talent into. DIME a DOZEN, not here. Thanks Ryan, for provoking thought, in a world gone Mad.

Automotive Stud likes this.
  13. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Most rewards in life are simple.
    Simple is “Traditional”

Bitchin’

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. Garpo

Garpo

And only the observant ones noticed the cowl vent.
    Nice touch.
    Garpo

15. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

What you seek is seeking you. Continue your curiosity of Icon pee-proof panties.

16. louisb

louisb

Great roadster. How about more pics of the 57?

—louis

HelmuthBrothers likes this.
  17. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

In september we are going to an Old Time Drags event at Atco Speedway and I might try to snap a few pics of the 57' with his pair of slicks on somewhere near the drag strip.

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well,.... Ain't this just spiffy !
    Just when I start digging myself out of a long funk, And started posting on this Awesome forum again,.. I am forced to self-analyze the last couple of years,.... The reason I quit posting threads, Is because I could see they were pretty much a re-occurring them... How life changes, not only yours,... But lives that touched yours,....That shared the same passions. ,.. Lives changed or lost, that force you to take account of your life, And priorities.

You morn the losses, You live with, and except the changes,... Question your passions...And sometimes it draws you away,...When you look at Hot Rods,.. And all you can see is the empty chairs, lost smiles, And thinning ranks, When everywhere you look you see not only ghosts of the past..But you take account of the ever growing list of what you could do,.. That gets more difficult with every passing year.

You start making friends with complacency and feeling a little burnt out seems to come over you with ease,.... Passion starts to cool down. And you even question yourself ("Do I even enjoy it as much as I did ?.... Is it time to give it up ?").....And then for no reason,.... Just a picture of a Hot Rod that captures your interest, Or one cruising down the road, Or the sound of a sweet engine.....Maybe a conversation with a old (or new) Hot Rod buddy, And that ol' stupid hot rod grin starts to grow across your face again....

I honestly don't know the answer,....But it seems for people like us... Hot Rods never get too far out of reach,.. Before we're drawn back in.

Maybe this makes sense,... Maybe not. I'll read it later.

48fordnut, Lou kriger, F&J and 5 others like this.
  19. catdad49

catdad49

Very thought provoking. As time goes by the memories start to fade, but then a Magical thing happens! Out to the blue and for no apparent reason, something seen visually or experienced in another fashion, triggers a memory that creates a wonderous feeling. That is one of the reasons that I participate in the HAMB, my memories are brought BTTT on a daily basis and hopefully, some of my contributions do the same for others. A Big Thank You to Ryan, The Creator and All the others who make this little Sanctuary what it is! Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Lou kriger and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. jchav62

jchav62

Beautiful rides.... some things never go out of style.

Automotive Stud and Lou kriger like this.
  21. Like an attractive woman in a black cocktail dress. You may have seen them your whole life but it will still make your pulse quicken a little...
    OR
    ...a Big Mac may not be the ultimate burger, but it's still a darned tasty sandwich. How many are served doesn't really change that.

Automotive Stud and Hnstray like this.
  22. rwrj

rwrj
    from SW Ga

It's like a fine piece of music. You can hear it performed 100 times, each one will be unique. The number of performances doesn't make any one of them irrevelant, or diminish the quality of the piece.

23. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Normal is a cycle on the washing machine, there is just life with its ups and downs.

24. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I'm one of those that has spouted off (on occasion) about so called belly-button black/red
    roadsters. Not because I have anything against them, I do it when I'm frustrated by the posts
    bad rapping later model cars. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a '68 Camaro or an '85
    Mustang GT. To me, hot rodding is a hobby that encompasses high performance cars of many
    types. Along with a '67 Nova, I own a built up Fox body Mustang. I don't necessarily go
    headhunting with it but I love coming up next to a classic musclecar or "hot rod" at a
    stop light. I can prove that later cars have balls and it's relatively easy to up the performance.
    How fast do you want to go? How much money do you have?

Here at the H.A.M.B. it often seems that hot rodding is just living in the past. Four bangers,
    patina and poodle skirt music. Of course the H.A.M.B. isn't limited to that but those that make
    themselves heard seem to be those that are stuck in the fifties. Hey, the H.A.M.B. is dedicated
    to the early years and I can respect that. Still, when I feel the thing I enjoy is being attacked I
    jump into the fray and black-red is an easy target.

Here is a photo I took at one of those dreaded parking lot car shows. No matter what you're into,
    how could you not dig this ride?

1932 Ford Roadster - 2.JPG

BAD ROD likes this.
  25. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Perspective certainly is the key to life.
    Personally, I've never been cool enough to ignore a roadster like that, as a matter of fact, the older I get the more I have come to appreciate all sorts of cars (as well as other things) that I wouldn't give a second look to in my younger days.
    It's all how you look at it.

26. 62rebel

62rebel

It's all in your perspective at the moment. If your life is currently walloping you in the 'nads, things are gonna irritate ya. If life is gently cradling those same 'nads; your outlook might be a bit rosier. My life is struggling to run me into the nuthouse, but I have a project to work on, a wife who doesn't begrudge me the time I spend on the project unwinding, and a pet raccoon who's just damn thrilled to see me get home every day. Life can go pound sand for a few hours.

Lucky667 likes this.
  27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is one sweet little roadster with a well chosen batch of parts.
    I'll say one thing about it and that is when it is at one of those mega events where they make the call for all of the black roadsters with red wheels and whitewalls meet over on the _____ field that one is going to stand out among the rest. You stroll down past the line checking this one and that on and passing the other one completely and here is this little gem That just has what many of the others are trying for but don't quit get there.

28. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

IMG_1575.JPG I have a Black car with Red wheels with nothing newer than 1940 parts on it. Flat-motor and all.

29. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

@Ryan. I hear ya loud n clear. Dealing with life at times can make us loose our perspective. I lost my best friend 4 years ago on the day I chopped my avatar. Then I found out one of my other good buddies has colon cancer. Both had helped me on the car. Now I struggle with working on it. The first struggle is that it was my late fathers car. These two friends helped me overcome that. I still love the car, however I have fallen into the same funk. Thank you for showing it is the simple things, and perspective. Yes I still miss my dad and my friend, But I truly do have a lot to be thankful for.

Harms Way likes this.
  30. FlatJan

FlatJan

sure you might get bored by always looking at the same style cars, especially on the hamb ;)And there sure is a kind of perfection/consensus if you keep it within a up to 50s time frame.
    Just take all the best parts up to a certain traditional date and make em a car.
    but that's not what it's about for me. as it is written in "the book"chapter12: "Creativity shines bright in the special details"
    and this is what i look for and why i don't get bored with traditional cars.
    so this is a nice little roadster :D