Register now to get rid of these ads!

Houston engine builders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cwatson1953, Jul 9, 2018.

1. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

Looking for a good shop to rebuild a sbc in the houston area. I've searched & only find posts from years ago. Not looking for monster hp but a good solid rebuild with some go power w/out breaking the bank. What you got?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Danny G

Danny G

I used Westside Performance and they did a very good job

3. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Westside performance is good. Custom Automotive Machining on Pinemont is good.

4. westside? ha if you don't need it in a timely manner sure go with them.

5. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

Thanks for the input guys. I'll be calling these places next week.

6. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

I'm not in a super rush for completion but also not looking for a 6 month turn around. Are they that bad?

7. They aren't that bad as in 6 month. But our engine builder next door to us he takes his heads there for the work since he doesn't have the equipment to machine heads or blocks. We end up waiting 2 and 3 weeks for it to come back which for a repair shop is too long for a simple over haul that needed machine work.

I would how ever avoid Joey's Engines, they fucked me already quoted me $70 for replacing the valve seats on my heads then they rebuilt the whole heads which only had 50 miles on them then tried to rob $500 from me for head rebuilds I lost my shit with them and cursed them out as they said the valve springs were wore out and I asked them how would they know that when they don't even know what aftermarket cam is in the engine.

cwatson1953 likes this.
  8. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Westside built my 464 Buick motor for my 55 studebaker. Very happy with it.

cwatson1953 likes this.