Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 52 chevy hardtop kustom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattoos by brandon, Jan 13, 2014.

1. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. greaser 35

greaser 35
    from FRANCE

Beautiful !!!!!!

4. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

My friend David has been helping me with the 52 so I stopped by and helped him start the sex change of his 51 Chevy fenders with some ford wheel lips [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

6. Man, that top is awesome!! Totally love the color!!

7. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Thanks everyone for all comments on the top it's wet sanded and ready for the last coat of clear just been busy

8. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG]havent had time to finish color sanding but this is how she sits

9. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG] well the flake is done for now ...put 3 more coats of flake and 2 of just clear and then I'll wet sand and do the lace in a few weeks

drdave likes this.
  10. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Well I got the carpet in and it's not perfect but it was cheap and will work for a few years till we actually do the interior... Did a quick spray can job on the engine bay just to get rid of that ugly color for now ... Once I get caught up on my 59 and have it finished I plan on doing the metal repair on the bottom of the body and pull the whole car apart and do it right but we just want to keep it an ok looking driver for now ... We used spray can fabric paint for the rear set and I couldn't be happier [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

drdave likes this.
  11. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Calling it a night I got one headlight in and what looks to be lined up ok for the road ...I have to take the whole bezel out to adjust the bulb so I hope it's close enough [​IMG]

12. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG] working on the passenger side headlight ...trying to get the lead roughly close to the drivers side ...I don't care if they are perfect right now just close and then when I take the fenders off in a year or so I can work on them side by side and get then perfect and do the body work the rest of the way

13. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Well it got it all put together except for the hood I still need to finish filling that and get it back on but took it for a drive and Couldn't be happier ....got some gas and finally got to see how good it looked under some light and we are super happy with it [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I wish I could post videos but the app still sucks for that ..

drdave likes this.
  14. Car has a great look to it.. well done!

15. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG] took it to work today

drdave and michael knight like this.
  16. All the overspray flying around in your garage reminds me of my garage:rolleyes:

17. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

And I just got rid of all the flake from doing my 59

18. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Thank you

19. Why is it... night shots taken at gas pumps always look awesome....

20. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] well we got the car to the show and also helped my dude put his 51 together and got it there ...it was a good weekend and we did get some rain but the Gibbs did a good job keeping the rust away

21. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG]
    Not much news but I'm about to start work on the cars again ...got moved into a new house and got my 59 driving so the plan is to finish that while and get a few small things done on the 52 by August then next year have them both in paint

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG] nothing to exciting just been driving but I did get a new column and started to sound and heat proof the floors ...also been adding to the fleet ..got a cabriolet and a 32 5 window [​IMG] IMG_7336.jpg IMG_7337.jpg

40two and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

IMG_7051.JPG IMG_6639.JPG IMG_1600.JPG
    Haven’t done much to the 52 just been driving her... got a hitch made and the plan before the end of summer is to have the wheel wells cut out and get her ass laid out then I want to finish the roof with a lace panel job but I’m kind of upset noticing that the flake has lost almost all of the pink tone ... Idk if this is because I only use the fast drying clear and never finished the roof ... I never put over all clear on because I planed on wet sanding and continuing the paint by doing candy pink panels with lace but now I might have to go over all of it with more flake? Or maybe just some candy because she still has an amazing sparkle to her bit lost a lot of color

24. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

25. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

It’s been a while and I have not got a lot done but this year I finally got back to projects! On the 52 unfortunately I had to fix all the bag mounts and work done on the air ride in the rear this was not done by me and I paid someone that everyone local recommended and both my 59 and 52 have had things brake so I am re working everything now that I have a good set up at home …I’ll be posting more updates and photos let’s start with the trunk work I’m doing! this first photo dump is some of the air ride work that was bad and then I fixed and the start of the trunk and a 65 mustang fast tank

Attached Files:

26. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

So after I made a frame for the tank we went to the custom car revival and towed her to the show about 8 hours away. Had a blast and when we got home she came back apart and I started my first bead rolling ! First I did the behind the seat this was my first practice piece and I just went for it and it came out good enough for me haha. Then I started filling in the missing truck parts and tried to make it flow and looks some what factory made I just finished up tacking everything in and started to mess around with fitting the trailer tubs and it’s going to be some work for sure but I have to make a few more cuts so I can get them centered and then I’ll make a bracket on the top of the fender to the old fender to body bracket… I’m going to make a temporary one to get it hung and start making the filler pieces. As far as the trunk floor I’ll be making the air ride and cover for the rear axle and bags removable so I can easily work on anything so I’ll be making some mounting points off the minder tubs and it will also be screwed to the floor with the gas tank

Attached Files:

0NE BAD 51 MERC and drdave like this.