Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Spammers wild!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BamaMav, Jul 8, 2018.

1. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Damn spammers must have been working overtime last night! I just reported about 10 of them this morning already. Probably were a bunch more that others reported and they vanished before I got on to see them. I guess the lowlifes think us crotchety old farts need their miracle vitamins and lotions. If those spammers would put all that effort into something productive instead of this crap they hawk, no telling what might happen.

WDobos and Sporty45 like this.
  2. I had one of those night recently where I woke up about 2 AM and couldn't go back to sleep so I go up and turned on the computer,I too reported numerous spammers,

One had posted in every section, including the introduction area,they seem to be very active when the traffic is slower in the wee hours of the morning. HRP

3. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Odd, but I have never seen any! Maybe I need to get up earlier.

5window and pat59 like this.
  4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

You report them - we zap em'

Thanks

Deuces likes this.

5. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

ProTip: If you report it twice in a row, it automagically gets nuked and goes bye from the main board at least.

(believe Ryan or moderators should upgrade our privileges to "1 zap is Enough.")

Mr48chev and Deuces like this.
  6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I've had nights like that too and seen the same thing happen. This morning was kinda weird, by 7AM Central time you usually don't see over a couple of them. I was wacking them with RAID this morning!

I always report them when I see them. If I want penis enlargement pills or skin lotion, I'll go hunting them myself.

Deuces likes this.
  7. Beware guys one got through and pm'd me with spam.

8. Deuces

Deuces

Wish I could zap'em with my cell phone.....:mad::(

9. 5window

5window

I must not be looking hard enough . I hardly ever see one on my own.

10. Thanks to all of you who put out the effort in screening and filtering our board, let’s the majority of us focus more on the good stuff. Damn spammers, trolls, and all other types of dipshits who have the audacity to think I want their opinion or products.

11. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I do two or three a day most times. I don't favor the "one report" method, as it would probably lead to some useful posts being deleted. I think twice is fine. Like some of the late risers say, they don't ever see any, so what we're doing now looks to be about right.

12. See them at 5-6 am when I first log in
    Report them and they are gone

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They usually show up after 9 PM Pacific time. Someone must have been zapping them with me the other night as they went away on first zap.

Truck64 likes this.
  14. Nobey

Nobey

Another good thing about the East Coast, I live out west, by the time I log on, you guys pretty
    much have them all stomped on. Much appreciated.....

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  15. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

They must be trying a different time zone? I haven’t seen many at all recently

16. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

BS

We're talking about Spam here, not anything else just so everybody is clear on what we're talking about.

Lotions, potions, pecker gels, crystals and other weirdo shit, commercial advertising, from overseas bots that signed up 5 minutes earlier and have one (1) single post to their name, and a posted link to their website.

Deuces likes this.
  17. I have reported about 15 so far this morning here in Europe. So that means the big mother computer at atomic gets hundreds more that did,nt get through.