Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curbspeed Coupe. "Holy Hell" 10/4/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Knocking it out of the park with a no pun intended plate marker to boot...;)

loudbang likes this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How the hell do you get your golf clubs in that trunk?

loudbang likes this.
  3. Rob. The antenna looks better from the side view and it stays. It serves a purpose and hotrod used to have them in the late 50's and early 60's. I dig it brother. No worries. Oh, Come on down I'll let you play with my putt putt.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    loudbang, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. CGkidd

CGkidd

chryslerfan55, curbspeed and loudbang like this.
  5. It is embossed FOMOCO on the back Rob.

6. Well, Maybe Rob will like my top insert installed then. Jeez. IMG_1249.JPG IMG_1252.JPG

7. Thanks Eric, I appreciate it.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stogy doesn't mind the antenna...;)...Hey once he gets some of that vintage AM going thru his ears he'll warm up to it...heck I'll park on that side at the cruise night no need to worry...:D.

Curbspeed are you mounting the radio in the package tray facing up just like the good ole days?
    apologies if already asked...

34_AM.JPG

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  9. I hope to have all that radio stuff hidden in a old Fordson tractor tool box mounted on the firewall if it looks right. Not sure yet.. I just looked at that last picture and some of you might be wondering about that skinny flame lick on the roof. It looks out of place right now but when it gets pinstriped in black it will have a little devils tail coming around in a curly cue. In case you thought I lost it or something.

10. 3blapcam

3blapcam

I think your car looks perfect. Great chop, great colors and flame job, wonderful attention to detail throughout... but I don't understand the antenna. Your car looks tough and ready for the salt flats or the drag strip... until you get the antenna.

I'm not a radio guy at all. Neither of my cars will have them as all I want to hear is the engine.

I'm with Rob on this one.

3blap.

chryslerfan55 and verde742 like this.
  11. Well, Since the antenna is the only thing any one has mentioned I think I'm doing ok. I didn't want headlights or headlight bar but you have to have them to drive at night so there is that. It is a street car with a heavy influence from drag/Bonneville. Lots of late 50's hotrods had antenna's. I just didn't want to use the standard two base 40 Ford style on this one. Thanks for all the positive comments fella's! Cheers

chryslerfan55, slv63, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  12. Been fabbing carb to pedal linkage. Making toeboards around pedals. Making a plate to go around the shifter. Fitting floormats. Got lots of small stuff to do. I will be moving it into the garage on the house on Sunday. I will get some decent pic of it in the driveway finally. Once it's in the other garage I will wire it and install glass. I'm making progress. I have a list to punch. I am on a mission.

13. catdad49

catdad49

Dale, if you put the antenna on the 'other' side, they'll never see it (and you won't poke your eye out gettin' in)! Are you itchin' for a ride yet? I Know I can't wait to see it move under it's own power, Love It

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys realize that if the antenna comes off he has a special place to store it...mind you he may have to get a few more as there may not be enough to go around...:D

loudbang likes this.
  15. verde742

verde742

In the early 60's the guys in my area (SW Wash.) that had coupes mounted the short antenna behind the top, pass side, so we could reach thru the rear window, to raise or lower antenna.

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pretty sure its easy to reach on the post its on now...man...so many location specific details...you can tell where its from just by antenna location...Curbspeed's Coupe will never be slow enough to even notice an antenna. Ya might hear a bit of Elvis though..."You ain't nuthin but a Hound Dog"...

chryslerfan55, brEad and loudbang like this.
  17. Out in the light and into the other garage for final assembly. Wiring, fuel lines, battery install, door panels and bunch of misc. stuff still needed IMG_1283.JPG IMG_1282.JPG IMG_1281.JPG IMG_1280.JPG IMG_1280.JPG IMG_1279.JPG IMG_1280.JPG IMG_1279.JPG IMG_1275.JPG IMG_1274.JPG IMG_1268.JPG IMG_1266.JPG IMG_1268.JPG IMG_1262.JPG IMG_1260.JPG IMG_1261.JPG IMG_1258.JPG

itsmee, mgtstumpy, clem and 23 others like this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amazing, Stunning, 200mph standing still...Wowzer...;)...Acing it @curbspeed

loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  19. verde742

verde742

SURE is good looking, of that, there is NO DOUBT !!

Just gets better and better...

Do you ever see Alyn Swedberg down there?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  20. Nope. Must be a visual thing. Normal length. I do have that problem when I look in the mirror after getting out of the shower these days.

loudbang, brEad and enloe like this.
  21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5 window versus 3 Window that there definitely is.

22. so good, fantastic to see it out in the light, bet that get's the blood pumping...not long now and you'll be hauling ass!!

loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  23. brady1929

brady1929

Bad to the bone.

loudbang, ls1yj and curbspeed like this.
  24. catdad49

catdad49

Wow.Wow,Wow! There's some Definite 'Back in the Day's shots right there. I Know I'm gonna save a few, Carp. Thanks.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  25. Looks so wicked! Lives up to your H.A.M.B. tag with ease!

loudbang, ls1yj and curbspeed like this.
  26. I thought you were talking about that I shortened the doors. They are stock lenght

loudbang likes this.
  27. He did some work for me a couple of years ago fixing my inner splash aprons on this car. He just contacted me a while back asking if he knew me. I said of course we have met.

28. Elvis100

Elvis100

Looking good, when do you think it will move under its own power?

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was assuming Verde was talking back of door to front in that maybe he was either suggesting mistakingly or joking about body style.

Sometimes interpretation of a statement just misses by a few degrees resulting in a complete different understanding...and it can make one scratch the ole noggin a wee bit. I guess I still dunno what it meant.

Fantastic job Curbspeed.

30. TWKundrat

TWKundrat

Very cool to see her out in the sunlight! I'm especially liking the shots from the higher vantage point. I think that's the same antenna that I have on my '37 Buick. I knew it wasn't original but never knew it was off a Ford. Wonder what year it's from?