Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs More Problems with JW Garage stuff.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat47, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had to replace the steering arms on my 33 Dodge coupe this morning. Part of a kit from JW Garage. They wouldn't take grease. Bad castings. Checked them on the 49 Sedanete that I am also building with their kit. Same problem. Will have to replace them. Also had bad threads on the Disc Brake caliper they sent. Had to chase the threads. Finally, the return line on the power steering hose kit I ordered from them won't fit over the 3/8's pump nipple.

I don't know where they are getting their parts but they suck.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I know nothing about JW Garage, and if I received parts like that I would be pissed also. That said- have you contacted them and given them a chance to make this right or are you giving them a national
    put down without a chance to fix the problem. Every company has an occasional problem, the difference is how they handle them.

zzford likes this.
  3. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wouldn't have warned HAMB members without trying to get a resolution with JW Garage first.

Sky Six likes this.
  4. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Glad to hear that, but it should have been mentioned. Hopefully the exposure here will lead to a good resolution for you.

5. 1gearhead

1gearhead

I have a small shop in Whittier CA and have been using JW Hot Rod Garage components for over ten years and cannot say enough good things about the quality of their parts and their customer service. Have had very few issues at all and when they did occur JW Hot Rod Garage stepped up and promptly took care of it.

6. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Read Post #3 - Fat47 indicated that he had already tried to get it resolved with the vendor before he brought it here to the HAMB.