Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical TP - HVLP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by papajohn, May 18, 2018.

1. papajohn

papajohn

Anyone using a TP HVLP Showtime 99 paint system? Do they work well?

I know a lot of experienced painters poo-poo them, but it looks like a good option for a novice.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Papajohn

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just bought one a month or so ago. Planning on squirting paint with it in the next couple of weeks

papajohn likes this.
  3. papajohn

papajohn

Did you try it yet HRM2K?

Anyone else have one?

4. I have had this system, or the older version of it for years. For me, who is only a novice painter, it works really well. You don't have to worry about the water in the lines like with compressed air spraying. It heats up the air so you have to take that into consideration when choosing the right temperature reducer. I have used it for spraying high build primer on lots of things. I sprayed single stage urethane on my 56 Chevy with it and it came out nice. I also sprayed lacquer on my 65 Vette with it years ago and it also came out nice. I painted a couple of other cars including my 34 pickup with it. Its good for painting daily drivers but since I am not a professional I can't attest to its quality for a show car finish.

papajohn and jazz1 like this.

5. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

life got in the way...…………….maybe soon

6. papajohn

papajohn

Yeah, happens a lot to me too...

7. I have a tp 90 , have painted 3 cars with it , never painted before. The first single stage urethane came out great . The 2nd single stage went on VERY dry even with using the slowest reducer, looked like bed liner. Was able to cut and buff most of it out but if you look real close you can see pin holes. Third time base clear with pearl, still went on dry but cut and buffed out. Use slow reducer and more then it calls for. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    hrm2k likes this.