Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest So Long Bob...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 2, 2018.

1. phat rat

phat rat

I always thought I'd make his funeral if he went first. But I had out of state guests who arrived on Thursday and just left a couple of hours ago. Yes Bob would've been pleased at the after events as told here

2. catdad49

catdad49

After reading the above comments and recollections, it confirms something that I always felt. There are some Great People on Here ( and I bet Bob already knew that)!!!!!!

3. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Don't know Bob, but damn it, if ya gotta go out , go out in style!!!

Stogy likes this.
  4. I mean this in all seriousness. Sometimes I’m just really proud to be part of the H.A.M.B. You guys are all right.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

cactus1, catdad49, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  5. For those that don't know, Bob has a Buddy Jesus in both the Chev and the Vette. This one is from the Chev.
    BobK-1.jpg

6. belair

belair

The people who give life tend to continue to do so after they leave us. Be thankful you got to see how it's done. I think all Bob would ask is that you (we) do the same.

7. Well said and well read

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. NoSurf

NoSurf

Thanks for going Ryan, and others. And thank you for the window.

9. trollst

trollst

Do you know the song attached to the plastic jesus?
    "I don't care if it rains or freezes, cause I got me a plastic jesus,
    sitting on the dashboard of my car......" I believe it's a John Prine song.
    Bob knew the words.....

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  10. Jeff J

Jeff J

Thank you all for coming to Bob K.'s funeral ! He would of loved it, as he had his first car show at the funeral home and left us in style ! Thanks Ryan for coming and Lucky Burton ,Bob Bleed, and all the many others that came , as I'm terrible with names , not like Bob ! R.I.P. my best friend of many many years you will be missed !!!
    P1010003.JPG

11. RIP Bob K.....

12. Great tribute. And put me down for a BobK gnome sticker

13. Lil32

Lil32

R.I.P Bob

Stogy likes this.
  14. kisam

kisam

So very sad to hear this. Prayers and hugs to Maggie and family!

Stogy likes this.
  15. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

I like Bob’s style! A life well lived. R.I.P.

Stogy likes this.
  16. Sounds like Bob's going away party was great! I'm sure he would be pleased.
    There are some eloquent folks here on the HAMB and a few of your comments got to me. Death is a natural part of life, but that never makes it any easier. Sounds like Bob's planning and sharp wit helped make a tough day easier.
    I've always compared death to being homesick, without the ability to go back home again. Some day we will all be re-united with our lost loved ones. Thank God we are all left with great memories of those we lose.
    Vaya con Dios, Bob, until we meet again! E

17. Almost forgot, if the Bob K. stickers happen, I'm in for one. E

18. Danny, don't forget his 47.
    Bob was a great friend to me....wish I could have made his funeral.
    bobknmrbones.jpg

MO_JUNK, Tman, chryslerfan55 and 4 others like this.
  19. Very well put Ryan. Hard to sum the day any better than feelings of sorrow, remembering Bob, and doing what car people do best, drinking beer and shooting the shit....and maybe some 30 yr old Beam.
    It hurt driving up there knowing why, and also for me, lots of childhood memories heading through there to my grandfathers cabin in the woods about 30 minutes north of Antigo. After telling Bob about grandpa's place and driving through Antigo, everytime I saw him, it was always the same......"Jeffrey, if I head you drove through Annnnteeeegoooo without stopping by, I'm going to.........." Bob knew my Grandpa passed and I hadn't been there in many years, he always said it, followed up by " I know you don't go there anymore, but you still could come up for a visit"
    As Tyler said it earlier.......What would BobK do? As Tyler and I talked about going up there, I complained about 90+ temps, heat index of 100+ and how nice a daily with A/C would be, he simply asked 'What would BobK do?' Only answer I could think of was 'let me try to ground that fuel gauge, gotta replace that dash bulb, and I'll try some powder graphite in the tach cable' Never thought twice about a daily. Tyler is right, words to live by.....What would BobK do? Get out and drive your car, make the best of a shitty situation, hang out with friends, make new friends, that there sums up my friday.

Godspeed Bob, I miss you already.....

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well done Ryan, for just a bit you took us there and we got to visualize the gathering we believe Bob wanted. i'd have to believe that he would be happy with the sharing of the Bob K stories the past few days and probably far into the future.

chryslerfan55, catdad49 and Stogy like this.
  21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

We all should hope to be this well thought of when we leave this ole world!

oldsjoe, Max Gearhead, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  22. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

23. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Live with class and grace, go out with same. Beautiful post Ryan. RIP Bob!

chryslerfan55, Stogy and jim snow like this.
  24. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Thanks Ryan, great write up. Miss you Bob even thought I didn't even know you. God bless you and your HAMB family.

Stogy and jim snow like this.
  25. I believe Bob would be proud to be the reason for friends to get together, drink a few, and shoot the shit. So glad I got to hang with Bob a few times, shootin' the shit and sippin' a few! Damn fine fella for sure. Ride on Bob!

PBRmeASAP, Stogy and catdad49 like this.
  26. When B:Db announced his latest project last year I told my wife that there was a possibility that I was going to have to drop everything at some point and go to a funeral. For awhile there it looked like I wouldn't have to worry about it anytime soon, then... well, here we are. I'm sorry I missed it, but I'm glad others didn't and I'm glad I had some close friends there.

B:Db would have been darn upset if you had all shown up and blubbered and moped about. I'm pretty sure you can all rest easy knowing you did exactly what he would have wanted you to do.

27. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I am so glad I made the drive.......I had to go...he was badass and will be missed by so many...

oldsjoe, kiwijeff, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  28. guyontheHAMB

guyontheHAMB
    from chicago

I am very glad that Tyler invited me along to drive up with him and Jeff. I couldn’t imagine it any other way to make the journey and experience “the activities of the afternoon”. And I say that to represent how the service was planned. That is exactly how the Director referred to what all was about to happen when he took the podium to begin the service. I feel it was very fitting. Thank you Bob.

29. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

30. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

RIP Bob....his trip to Alaska in his Chevy story is priceless.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.