Register now to get rid of these ads!

History VIOLET FANTASY............UPDATE

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Austinrod, May 19, 2018.

1. scrap_metal

scrap_metal

So what's the plans for paint ? Are you going back to original paint or got something different in mind ? Sure is a tasteful custom.

rodncustomdreams and loudbang like this.
  2. Thank God it was saved.

3. The famous quote "I'm going to restore it one day" is how they get that way.

4. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I feel the same way you do, BJR. I've found so many field finds over the years just to be told they are being saved for some relative who doesn't exist. I have "watched" finds being rebuilt just to see them sitting in the same place decades later. It must have something to do with possessing these cars; it surely didn't matter about money since most of these people I encountered didn't have a pot to piss in. So sad.

5. verde742

verde742

I believe a lot of the car accumulators, got the car by sheer chance, and it becomes their "only social life." They can show their real personality i.e. "get off my property" or they can stand and "talk about it". Either way, they have personal interaction. Many times I have overheard the conversation, "O, I have one of those" while knowing the back story, Its setting behind the garage in a field, returning to the earth.. makes ya sick.. (and ya can't dispute the story)

What I "don't get" is the car accumulators that "pretend to love cars." go to car shows, join car clubs, accumulate & read car magazines, collect die-cast models, while leaving desirable cars slowly sink into the ground outside, as the elements slowly corrode the vehicle away.

I have personally passed along potentially great cars to several competent people, only to watch them slowly sink into the ground. I mean 50 years later, '40 Merc convert, '46 Ford business coupe, '53 Ford business coupe,
    '35 Ford 5 window, '36 Ford 5 window, '50 Chevy deluxe coupe. '64 Ford Galaxie 500, with 406 auto. "50 Ford COE, "46 International PU, "50 International 16 seat bus, '54 Studebaker coupe, '66 Cadillac coupe, '55 Cadillac ambulance, '39 Cadillac sedan, '54 Chevy sedan, '37 Ford 2 door flat back sedan, '53 Ford PU, '51 Divco milk truck, '51 Ford deluxe coupe. and others..

Usually the price was so low, the new owners place very little value on the car, or bought it for a specific part, use it, and jusr let rest set, refusing to sell or give away.

So darn disappointing..

encouraging to see this revived

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  6. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

I just follow him on Instagram he’s working on his brothers car first and this will get worked on after that

Sent from my iPad

7. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

8. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

6771CA3E-521A-41BA-A8B2-5B1162513F4C.jpeg 679428AD-5E67-4A62-8C22-80271D5A9A9F.jpeg Santos Kustoms
    Just picked up the Violet Fantasy from the stripper

9. My brother is one of those people, I think it's so he can say I have an old custom, but won't admit he has no money or talent to do anything with it, it makes him feel important, or the " I have and you dont."

10. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Does anyone know the names of the 2 colors that were on the car when first completed? I figure one is violet, I guess.

11. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

I just found this while searching the internet. Not the actual colors though.

"The finishing work was done by Gene Winfield at his shop in Modesto, California. Lanny visited the shop regulary, when Gene was doing the work, and when the car was close to getting painted. Gene told Lanny about this idea he had for a fading/blending paint job using transparant colors over a gold or silver base and fading from light to dark. Lanny loved the idea and gave Gene the green light to use his Chevy as canvas for Genes first ever blend paint job. The results were absolutely stunning. And Gene Winfield would get request for his blending paint jobs from all around the US after that."

12. verde742

verde742

let's use the 50 Merc rear window,, we got IT !!!! let's use it !!!!!!

Gosh, If we only had the front windshield...!!!!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  13. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

[​IMG]
    Voilet Fantasy

Sent from my iPad

14. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

[​IMG]