Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Interesting how most of these abandoned cars in deep woods have been previously found by people that have a full set of tools with them to dismantle them.

2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]
    copyright NatalieMaynor/Flickr

3. philo426

philo426

Is that a Falcon Ranchero?

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Not so much, I drove a 52 ford F-1 in high school and needed a flywheel one time. One of my buddies knew where there was a pickup like mine in a river bank being used as rip rap. Truck was on it's side mostly buried in the dirt bank with the front sticking out. Water was low enough to stand on dry gravel . We unbolted the engine and just rolled it out of the compartment onto the gravel and took off the flywheel. Left the rusted up engine there for the river to remove. Probably go to jail for that now, haha.

Didn't need the rest of the truck and couldn't get it out anyway.

5. Sure looks like one.

Deuces, czuch and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  6. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Also, most of them were probably not in deep woods when they broke down and were abandoned. A lot were probably on a farm, mining or logging road and just pushed to the side out of the way. Scavengers could drive right up to them and remove what they needed. The deep woods came later in most cases I imagine.

7. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

HAHHAAH
    There was an O/T Chevy van up-side down in a ravine.
    I was tired of push starting my 62 Chevy half ton so, wrenches in hand I went out to see what was to be seen.
    No snakes, no rodents, no skeletons, no drama. Just a nice clean working starter.

8. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

I found a ‘36 5 Window being used as rip-rap about a mile upstream from the nearest access. By the time a I got back to it a couple months later someone had cut the body up with a torch and packed it out. I dug the frame out with a stick, flipped it over, unbolted the spring, and pulled the rear axle assembly. I floated the rear end out on 3 inner tubes and drug it another 1/4 mile through gravel in a gardening wagon to the parking lot. I got a decent pair of 35-36 radius rods and a bunch of mosquito bites out of the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

What was that John Wayne said, "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"!!

10. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

You are right, sorry.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. A couple of neglected Starliners.
    [​IMG]

12. So....THAT'S where all of the 1960 Ford Starliners ended up. I wondered why I never see any. I LIKE 'em!

13. I know what you're saying John. I can't remember the last time I've seen one, much less any 60 or 61 Ford model, except for a 60 Falcon a few years back.

czuch, Bowtie Coupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. philo426

philo426

The black one is a 61 or 2.

15. philo426

philo426

16. Both of the last two black cars are 61's.

czuch, Bowtie Coupe and 31Dodger like this.
  17. My first car was a 59 Custom 300 2dr sedan bottom of the line stripper. It's all subjective, but I personally think the 60 is a MUCH better looking car, though I have a soft spot for the 59s.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  18. Yep. I like the 1960 look of the flat fins. A tenant of my folks had a black convertible with a white top. He backed it over my sled in the driveway one winter. I still liked that car, though.

czuch, Bowtie Coupe and Bleach like this.
  19. My dad bought a 60 model when I was in high school. I hated that thing, thought it was the ugliest car Ford built since the 58. But as the years have rolled on, I have grown to like them. They are unique, nothing else before or since looks anything like them.

20. I felt the same way about the 59's for more than 50 years. I'm trying to like them and they are finally growing on me.

21. Been seeing this GMC sitting and rotting near our place for about 28+ years.... Picture 10744.jpg

22. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I need the “Starliner” badge on one of those 60’s.

23. V Westbury

V Westbury

Hi 31 Dodger, Yes the other landau iron was inside the car, together with the hood, windshield frame, front seat frame, ashtrays, robe rail, 2 interior vanity lights and some other smalls.
    I'm still trying to find out if any history is known of the Nash
    Viv.

chryslerfan55, gonmad, egads and 2 others like this.
  24. AWESOME news!

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  25. Sporty45

Sporty45

Saw this today.
    IMG_20180706_150045215.jpg
    And the house where it was looks like it's been sitting and rotting too!
    IMG_20180706_150053773.jpg