Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help with Ford caliper identification

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pat Zsombor, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Pat Zsombor

Pat Zsombor

Hi all
    I'm trying to figure out what this caliper and bracket may be off of. Currently on a shortened 9".
    Any direction is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Could use some better pictures, but to me it looks similar to a Mustang II front caliper and bracket. Is the disk brake setup stock to the 9", or was it a modification? There doesn't seem to be an E-brake provision.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to agree there, even the long time Ford parts guys on here probably can't id that with those poor quality photos. Post some decent photos and separate the bracket from the caliper and show both sides of the bracket clearly along with clear and well lit photos of the caliper and someone can probably ID it, if the old pads are in it show photos of the old pads with a ruler next to them so someone can see the length or width.
    I just went though ten pages of Google search photos for Ford brake caliper brackets and that bracket doesn't show up from what i can see in your photo. I even went out and looked at the stock Mustang II front end out back and no match there.

4. unkamort

unkamort

What size are the brake rotors? Casual research led me to believe that if 9" they are M2, if 11" they are Granada/Monarch. The caliper brackets are the difference between the two, and bolt to the same spindle. I'v been hoping to run up on some Granada brackets to try out... Be happy to have this info verified, or shot down by anyone that knows for sure.