Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to the 2018 Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Oct 12, 2017.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

IMG_1839.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Keep working on it Scott... you basically have 24 days to get it all done,

3. powrshftr

powrshftr

It’s gonna be done in 2-4 days,not 24 days,Buddy.
    A couple nights at test n tune,and we’ll be good.
    I’m not worried.....are you?

Scott

4. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Things seem to go much better when your Supervised give that foreman a raise. :D
    :cool: garage.

5. Anyone going to the area 41 show for a meltdown warm up? Or is everyone saving their cars for the md out of worry they might break.

6. powrshftr

powrshftr

I’m just worried I’m not gonna get a chance to break anything if I don’t hurry up and get my breakables back in order,Brian!
    How is everything going in your neck of the woods?

Scott

7. its running. it shoots flames. but it hasnt seen the track yet. I need some track time. im not too exited about the loose show requirements at 41 but its a track to get data. I haven't been to 41 since 1999. we will see what happens.

8. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Is this the first year for this event?

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  9. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually I think we are just getting so old that it could happen anytime...LMAO!
    I thought it was funny though. In fact I laughed so hard that I......well.....

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  10. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

It was funny and brought back some memories of a man eating a few too many sugar free gummie bears....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. It is the first year. I'm going Saturday only. Sounds like good guys rules on what's let in. The track is about a hour and a half south of chicago.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  12. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well I was looking forward to coming to the Meltdown again this year but I don't believe the funds will allow it. I also don't think Ethan will be able to get out of football practice to go.
    :(

13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That's not good. :(
    We will try and get a bunch of pictures for you. :)

14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

That will be awesome

loudbang likes this.
  15. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

I'm disappointed Scott, that's not very disastrous at all...

16. Enloe they allow camping and have showers at the track. Your only out gas money. Set up some magazines at my trailer and your good.

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am unsure about Ethan.
    I meant to ask you how your shop fared after the lightning strike.

18. D-man313

D-man313

I’m with Brian on this one Enloe, come on up to Meltdown! But I understand if stuff doesn’t line up and allow it.

Brian, I think we’re taking the dragster to the 41 event, unsure of how much we’ll actually do with it, would have to line up a push car driver and all that stuff. But Dad said the other day, if we go, we’re taking the car. It’s only about 40 mins south of us.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. The damage seems to be limited to the switch on the car lift. My wife and daughter saw the bolt hit the shop. Thanks for asking.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and enloe like this.
  20. loudbang

loudbang

Do you have to report a lightning strike to the federal nitro gate keepers?

21. Negative. There was no breach of security. It's funny you should mention them. They were at my house yesterday for 5 hrs doing a onsite inspection. Big brother is always watching.

chryslerfan55, Swamp Rat 4 and enloe like this.
  22. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Did you tell them that you did a series of "Explosions" Father's day weekend in Bowling Green :)

23. there is no joking around with these guys. they show up in a black suv. they all were black shirts with kaki military pants and black boots. its all business.

chryslerfan55, Swamp Rat 4 and enloe like this.
  24. Am I going to have to add a trailer hitch so I can drag you to a new record MPH?? :D

25. powrshftr

powrshftr

After effing around with pulling oil pump pickup,windage tray,shortening studs,trimming a baffle and reinstalling it,reinstalling all the above on the motor and test fitting the pan a half dozen times in between,new oil pan is on the motor.Almost gonna be a shame to paint this guy blue.
    Tomorrow morning clutch goes back together,and motor goes back home in the car.
    IMG_1850.JPG

I’m counting the seconds til Brian starts busting my balls about the ‘92 valve covers on the wall.

Glad to hear nobody was hurt in your lightning strike,Brian.Thats scary business.If it wasn’t for bad luck,you wouldn’t have no luck at all,Man.

Scott

26. powrshftr

powrshftr

And yes,both the longboard,and that Rolling Stones “Goat’s Head Soup” album cover deck are mine....I’m a fat old bastard,but I still skate whenever I can.

27. DubG

DubG
    from Nebraska

Well after a 3 week long battle my dad and i managed to learn how to rebuilt a c4. lots of taking it back apart and putting it back together. only to realize the pump shaft gear was flipped the wrong way. little street dynos here and there. don’t think we are gonna get any track time before the meltdown so for now we’ll cross our finger and toes and squeez our butts to hope she doesn’t fall apart on us.

28. theres some hope for your sons hot rodding future after all. I was kind of worried for a while.

29. Dad and I are trying to get our shit together with the coupe, hoping to use the area 41 drags for shakedown runs. Dad has been in the new owners ears about getting a nostalgia event since they purchased the track 3 years ago. I think the date being so close to the meltdown could hurt attendance.

30. It's summer time and racers want to race. I hope its a big success. I would run my car every week if I could. One big event a year is not enough for me or alot of other guys. Live life while you can as much as you can. Tomorrow's not guaranteed. I see it every day at work.