Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chrysler newyorker custom build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattoos by brandon, Sep 15, 2011.

1. You're welcome. It's not everyday I read about a guy building his cars his way.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Yeah I don’t care to much about what people think I like what I like and that’s what it is but there are a few things I would have done differently if I knew what I know now when I started haha I just gotta figure out what I’m doing with the tail lights

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Might I suggest '61 Imperial tailights

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I just gotta find some haha it seams like a good pair of mopar trail lights early 60s to 50s is not easy to find ...I couldn’t find replacements for mine and took the cheap route and now I can’t wait to change them haha

5. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

IMG_7355.jpg found and ordered my steering part !!! Only 20$ after shipping haha this shit will really nickel and dime you

6. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I have sleep about 3 night this week because we were pulling several all nighters getting our cars ready for the Rockabillyruckus in Ohio ! But we got the 59 all in primer and driver side is ready for block sanding [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Got some short Glasspacks and ran functional lake pipes ...got her all put together and ready to drive for the end of this season...I still have a lot of work to do on the passenger side but I just wanted to get her on the road again after 5years of not being able to take it to shows

7. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Had an amazing weekend at the Rockabilly ruckus and the car did great ...took the 59 and 52 but had to leave the 37 at home but other than the header leak on the drivers side she did well and I know now what I need to give more attention to and she should
    Be all sorted out before the end of this season and ill have the body work done this winter

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. [​IMG] Ya know I might be able to convince my father to sell these, if you're still looking that is.

9. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Yes please!!!

10. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

There is only one good lenses though ? I see the other one has tape on it and looks broken

11. Yeah I forgot about that. What I can do is ask a few of my mopar owner friends and see if they can suggest a place to get a replacement lens for that one.

12. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

All I need is 2 lenses I got everything but that and I haven’t be able to find someone or somewhere that has them

13. I'll see what can do. If I find anything I'll let you know.

14. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG]
    Haven’t done much other than get the hood one but I need to spend some time trying to get it aligned better but for now I’m happy ...had issues with the brake lights burning up fuses so I gotta figure that out and it’s only when the light are one because when they are off I got brake lights so I’m gonna check through all my stuff like turn signal switch and headlight switch and see if I can fix the issue ...then all I have to do is try to do new exhaust manifold gaskets to get the leaks fixed there and she’s good to drive till the end of fall

15. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Working on some issues I have been having with the brake lights and turn signals so once’s that’s figured out I can tackle something more exciting

16. Looks like you're making great progress on the build. I like it, I like it (but as I said before, what's not to like?).

17. Try this guy... He makes a lot of Mopar lenses, some he stocks, some he makes to order. Not cheap ($300 a pair?), but if you can't find them anywhere else...

https://www.moparfins.com/George_Laurie/Reproduction_Lenses_by_George.htm

18. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

19. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

20. Modded 105E

Modded 105E

Beautiful car man. Look forward to to seeing with paint but I like it as you have it now.

21. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

IMG_6700.JPG IMG_6727.JPG
    It’s been a while since I have posted anything but it’s been busy. I got the headers sealed after fighting with them for a while and i just had to give in with some rtv haha we tried to make it out for a Memorial Day car show/cook out but on the way there she lost power then kick back on and my volts jumped up to 18 so I shut it off and now she won’t start... got 12v till I turn the key to start and it drops all the way down so I have replaced the starter relay and I have a new switch but I’m currently tracing wires and testing everything I can ... put hei in her also because I had an ecm take a shit and I have been wanting to do away with that whole set up ... we are bagging my friends new 65 c10 so my car is on hold for right now but our goal is to have her doing in less than a month

22. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

IMG_7164.JPG IMG_7158.JPG IMG_7156.JPG IMG_7149.JPG
    Here is my friends truck we are side tracked on haha 4 link in the rear with full notch and z’d the front 2 inches and we picked up the disk brake kit and dropped spindles so we have to clean some stuff up but should
    Be painting the frame and parts this weekend

23. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Got the new hei in but it’s hitting my intake so I gotta play with it some and I noticed my wire for the neutral safety switch needed replacing so that solved some issues

24. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

IMG_7523.JPG IMG_7518.JPG
    After a little work for the hei working and god damn this thing runs sooooo good now it definitely was the best thing I could have ever done but now I got a leak from the transmission somewhere... gotta figure out what or why but I believe it could have been from having the front up and the rear all the way down while it was running ... my plan is put a slip yoke in very soon on this car and my 52

25. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

IMG_7528.JPG little shot of the garage last night ... I need to organize and make some room or a bigger garage