Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Joseph Smith

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 1950mercsled, Jun 25, 2018.

1. 1950mercsled

1950mercsled
    from oregon

Hey did anyone on here ever buy some parts from a guy named Joseph Smith in Burlington Kentucky? I'm just wondering what your experience was with him. Thanks

2. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

he's been banned under a couple different usernames on here. I think "stickshiftkustoms"and "gone wrong" Hes on the bad buyers/sellers list.
    Google his phone number it comes up Terry ahern.

3. 1950mercsled

1950mercsled
    from oregon

Good to know. Did you buy anything from him or do you know anyone who has?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Well I'd have a hard time trusting a guy using that name...if you catch my drift?;)

Bandit Billy and s55mercury66 like this.

5. 1950mercsled

1950mercsled
    from oregon

Well ya. I was skeptical at first too with that name, Now more so. Any body else?

6. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Yep, I got screwed recently too...as in within the last 4 weeks. Always had an excuse. Last one was he was out of town and said his mother got terminal cancer. I called him out on it and then the name calling started (by him). I guess I'm out some money. Damn.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  7. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

Might be a different Joe Smith, but I recently bought some parts from him. Couple 59A crank pulleys and a fan. Good parts, but they did take a while to get here. That said, I first found the parts on Craigslist, then saw them here.

Mike

8. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Do you know the story about the little girl who picked up the rattle snake because it said it was cold and shivering. She was afraid of it, but the snake said it would not bite her.

She picked it up and put it in her coat pocket to warm. Soon she felt a sharp pain!
    “You bit me!” She exclaimed.......the snake said “you knew what I was when you picked me up”

9. 1950mercsled

1950mercsled
    from oregon

NashRodMan what did you purchase from him?

11. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Well, I tried to buy 33 axle and bones. He got my money and I got nothing. He won't return my money and I can no longer look at his profile.

12. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

And I checked out his profile and posts and they looked kinda ok. He had some things sold and his couple of posts seemed normal. I did think the name was odd but thought maybe that really was his name. I also Google Earth'd his address and it looked normal. So I guess I'm out $175 and have no axle or bones. Unless someone feels bad for me and wants to donate to my cause. Hahahahahaha

13. town sedan

town sedan

Looked at his ads and am glad he didn't have anything I couldn't live without.
    -Dave

14. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Con men would not be successful if everything they did, said, acted like, etc. was suspicious.

Remember, the only person who can cheat you is someone you trust...:D

Crooks who seemed trustworthy give honest folks a bad name.....

Ray

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, sorry man... We state it in a few places... but never, ever, ever... pay by check. Never. Always use PayPal.

I'll pm you.

Saxman likes this.
  16. B5274B79-5D39-4052-958E-0B514A234004.jpeg He tried to con me,but I stood my ground. Claimed the flathead pulley I paid for($50) was “destroyed” and lost by UPS. After waiting nearly 25 days since He received payment from me,I told him I was a personal friend of Ryan(administrator) and would turn the matter over to him(Ryan) and he sent me a postal m.o. refund, but I had to stay on his ass.

XXL__, spurgeonforge and catdad49 like this.
  17. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Bringing this back to the top so others can see this guys HAMB name and not get screwed. HAMB name is Joseph Smith but real name is Terrance Ahearn!

Hey Flatheadjohn, is that you in the picture or the culprit?

18. E4395E44-5716-4F82-9F55-DF393B3F9789.jpeg
    That is me,Flathead John, in the pic. Notice my FLATHD t shirt. Still racing at age 70; cabriolet runs 80 mph in the 1/8 mile

XXL__ and scotty t like this.
  19. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I once was conned by someone who looked just like many of our grand mothers.
    I used to have a store and one day she walked in and showed me these hand made figures and told me a story about how her senior group in town made them to raise money for seniors so I told her I would purchase two of them for $20.00 bucks.
    Five minutes later my wife shows up and asks me where they came from and I told her.
    She said these are not hand made and are just cheap figures.

Since the lady had just been there I took a walk and found her at another store and I told her I wanted my money back and she looked me in the eyes and said I don't have it!!!
    She claimed she had given the money to another senior in her group.
    When I said to her I was calling the local police she reached into her pocket and pulled out a roll of money and handed me my $20.00 back.

That day I learned a very important lesson in life and that is you never know what a person who is conning you just might look like!

Jimbo

20. louisb

louisb

Looks like I may have gotten burned too. Ryan pointed me to this thread after I contacted him about this guy. Hopefully I can at least get my money back.

—louis

21. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Don't count on it Louis. He's not responding to my pm and the call to the local sheriff apparently got me no where.

22. ^^^ Well, that knowledge ought to enbloden him.