Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Fathers Day Model A find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Deuces

Deuces

New coat of paint and call it done!!!... Beautiful! :cool:

2. That's killer! If I keep this one around, that's the direction it will probably go

3. silverdome

silverdome

4. That's a 34 Ford

5. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Chris, the more I look at your car, the more I think, is to just leave it as it is. I know you have heard this before but "it's too nice to hot rod". I have owned Model A's since 1968 and have never come across an original car like yours. Your car will generate more interest at a Model A show than a restored car.

6. I got it fully running and driving. I didn’t have a key for it, so we hot wired it to initially start it. Finally got a switch, new radiator hoses, fuel line and I rebuilt the carb. It runs like a Swiss watch, all lights work and it even charges! There is a little varnish in the tank that is loosening up and plugs the fuel every once in a while. I need to figure out how to clean that. Otherwise, she’s kind of back on the road?

9506CDC7-827B-4DA6-864D-E46ACFACF629.jpeg 6756D106-6C41-43EF-ACA0-718B945CB0E8.jpeg

55Deso, porkshop, Hamtown Al and 8 others like this.
  7. It is not kinda on the road. It is on the road as the pictures show. Back in the day clean gas was not that frequently clean several stops may need to be made to complete the trip. Nice to see it rolling along.

8. tofords

tofords

Great find Chris. And great pictures. No you can't pass them up. Frank

9. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom

Wow. If it get's bumped out into the cold i will help get it in another garage for ya!

10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Neat! What a clean survivor. I'd leave that one as is and use it for puttin into town on beer runs.

11. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

That's cool congrats on the find and looks awesome on the road

12. alchemy

alchemy

A tank full of lacquer thinner to clean the varnish? And might raise the top speed too.

13. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom

So cool to here it runs that good. I want one just like it.
    So i worked on a real clean original 46 chevy coe recently and had to get some varnish out of the tube that leads to the bottom of the tank. Tank was really clean inside except that tube and the very bottom. Nothing was working until i used Drano! Ate it up vary fast. Poured some in the tube at the top and by morning it was soft enough to drill through with a wire cable. Give it a try. Works great.

Chris likes this.
  14. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That´s as unmolested as it gets! What a cool car and the right person to get it, too! I ´d just hop up the banger a bit just for giggles and drive the wheels off. Great find Chris!

Deuces likes this.
  15. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great find . At 89 years young you are still smiling and wrenching . Way to keep going .