Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tudor top material size?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by insomniacshotrods, Jun 24, 2018.

1. insomniacshotrods

insomniacshotrods

Bought my top kit 4years ago from Labaron Bonney, says fits 1928-1931 Tudor sedans. I just put it up on top of the bows to start getting wrinkles out. Have plenty front side to side and back to front, but unless it stretches one hell of a lot it’s not gonna cover side to side in the back. Don’t see it happening once the underlayment and padding is on since it won’t even cover side to side now. It measures 62 1/2 wide at the front and the back. Want to know if I got boned like usual and have to order another top from a different company, or just lack of sleep. I’d really like to get this sum b done before I’m too old to drive it. Anybody got a measurement on their Tudor sedan top material they can get me please. On my videos they have about 2 feet or more extra all the way around. The anger sharks are swimming in my head right now. Gooze fraba

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Yes what year car? Some Tudors are narrowed at the front more than rear. Maybe try turning around end to end and check that first before you lose any sleep.:)

3. insomniacshotrods

insomniacshotrods

Kit says 1928-31 Tudor sedan. Mine is a 1930, tried turning it around before taking it back inside, laying it flat on the floor and measuring it. 62 1/2 wide at both ends x 84 length. Even if some ribs were to be too high, I still don’t have all this extra material they are talking about in the a barnyard tutorial. Somethings fubar here.

When installing the roof cover, any more than about 5" extra on each end tends to get in the way. Measure the roof front to back at the tack holes VERY carefully. Allow 10" extra on the cover material and cut off any excess.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  4. Call LB and ask them if they could give you the measurements from a kit they at the shop. Put one on my 30 a few years ago and went on well. Do know they have to be warmed up real well.

F&J likes this.

5. F&J

F&J

I agree with heat.
    try in hot sun, lay it on driveway for a long spell.

6. insomniacshotrods

insomniacshotrods

I plan on calling them tomorrow. Thanks for replies.

7. insomniacshotrods

insomniacshotrods

Well turns out it was supposed to be 63 inches wide not 62 1/2 like I have. He said it might stretch that far, if not I can order just the top material and save some bucks.

8. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Seems like best remedy is to check immediately product and deal with any problems right now. Long time shelf storage rarely is the answer. Been there and done that.

9. insomniacshotrods

insomniacshotrods

Yep. Oh well nothing another $100 won’t fix. Also found out my trim across the header won’t cover the space on the right side. So I didn’t get it shaped right and have to pull all that crap out again, yes can’t wait. Looking at a 1937 ford sedan that has a solid metal roof for next purchase.