Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest It is in great sadness BOB Klessig

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff J, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Bob was a great man and always had a smile......Sure will miss seeing him in his chair by the '52.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Sad news, cruising around the Back to the 50's show I was thinking I hadn't seen him the last two days while looping the grounds.

3. phat rat

phat rat

RIP Bob. Maggie I hope that all the comments here can give you some sense of peace. Bob
    was one of a kind and will certainly be missed

Thor1, Stogy, MO_JUNK and 2 others like this.
  4. Sad news, indeed. May God comfort his family in this difficult, empty time in their lives.
    I only knew Bob from meeting him at HAMB meet and greets at Springfield and Louisville, but what struck me was his genuine love for people who shared his passion for the hobby. RIP, Sir.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I promised Bob two things last week:

1. I wouldn't break character and offer up some mushy/sad bullshit. Instead, I'd recognize his 80 years as being full of fun and hell raising. We should all be so lucky.

2. I'd give him a banner spot for a while.

Number 2 is done... I'll reflect a bit on #1 and report back when it's solidified in words. For now, I'll say I'll miss him more than I think I can comprehend at the moment.

Sprout, Sancho, ME.GASSER and 25 others like this.
  6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

If a man is judged by the people he has touched and the friends he accumulated.
    Well then Bob has us all beat. My condolence to his family. Sad sad day.

Thor1, dan31, lurker mick and 8 others like this.
  7. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Sad news to start the morning. Our paths crossed several times in our travels and what a great guy.
    From what I've been reading he's in a much better place now. R.I.P. BOB

Thor1, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  8. Deadbird

Deadbird

Thor1, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  9. RIP BOB, you made the most out of 80 years that anybody could have.

Thor1, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Bob never met a stranger. He was a truly great guy and will be missed by all. R.I.P. my friend.

Thor1, Stogy, MO_JUNK and 1 other person like this.
  11. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

RIP and free of pain my friend. I have never seen so many tributes to one person. Bob was a friend to all and a hotrod legend for sure.
    I have to wonder does anyone know how many thousands and thousands of miles he has traveled?
    Prayers to Maggie, family and friends.
    Thanks for sharing your Bob with all of us.
    Godspeed and happy crusing in Heaven, until we meet again. FB_IMG_1529842108201.jpeg FB_IMG_1529841730783.jpeg FB_IMG_1529841721535.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Thor1, 62hotcat, Stogy and 8 others like this.
  12. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

RIP Bob - Miss you! Bob turned me on to "Pork Chop on stick" @ BTT50s

Thor1, Stogy, sentinelT and 3 others like this.
  13. Amazing guy, amazing life,...the world needs more Bob K's.
    ...he had good taste in cars too, Chevies and inline sixes.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  14. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

I will never forget the time some of us were at dinner along with Mark Moriarty at CCR, Bob called me on his way in frim a show down south and told me about his accident with the blue chevy. He asked "you aren't going to laugh at me are you?"
    The miles he had under his belt and never knew of an accident. No way ever!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy, drdave and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Really nice guy, so glad to have meet him at Hershey. Thoughts and prayers going out to his family and friends.

Bob

16. jimdillon

jimdillon

RIP Bob, you lived life and brought good thoughts and good times to many.

Stogy likes this.
  17. BobK was my most loved curmudgeon ever! A sad day indeed. Prayers for Maggie and family.
    Where is a facility large enough to hold all of Bob's hotrod buddies?

18. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Goodbye my friend. I consider myself very lucky to have known you and to have been able to spend time with you. My life is so much richer for that. In return, I hope I was able to add just a little bit of joy to your life. Till we meet again...

Thor1, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. It's a sad day for sure! RIP, Bob K.... Prayers to family...

Stogy and hrm2k like this.
  20. Slocrow

Slocrow

Bob Klessig, definitely not a bottom feeder. That’s what he told me once when I was shopping to get him a discount on some mundane item he needed then and now. Some things just stick and that line has stuck with me for years. I believe what he was saying and what I heard were two different things. Of course he was instructing me to make a prudent purchase but to view quality as more important than price. He was also saying, don’t settle, get the best, life is short.

In his time he pursued the quality of life as he desired and always moved to the beat of his own drum. He appeared to be excellent in the area of time management for I’ve never known another individual to attend so many and widely distributed car events. His insurance business was simply a source of funding to facilitate his hobby needs, which seemed to be ravenous. His personality was one that always allowed him to fit in at any grouping and to eventually standout while contributing history, knowledge and experience on most subjects tabled. He stood much taller than his stature would lead you to believe as he traversed and befriended the many different folks, handling their own individual uniqueness with great ease and comfort. Bob loved this hobby and the others who chose to follow its path and gave it his full support, unconditionally. He was one of a kind and I’m glad we met.

Four score is a healthy amount of time and Bob used it well doing pretty much what he wanted while leaving only good thoughts and fond memories in his wake. I’ll miss Bob Klessig and hearing his soft voice (not) echoing down the path upon approach but am somewhat relived that his pain has passed and the healing for Maggie, Brian, family and friends has begun. In an overused expression, God speed Bob Klessig…..Say Hi to Tex! Mocan Santa, will work for beer-B!.jpg

Thor1, SquintBoy, 62hotcat and 12 others like this.
  21. fargoguy

fargoguy

Rest In Peace, Bob. I hope you had some idea of the lives you positively affected, as evidenced here and I’m positive in other aspects of your journey.

Thor1, wingnutz, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  22. magnet

magnet

Bob will be missed. He was a legend... a ruler.

wingnutz, Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  23. DrJ

DrJ

My condolences to the Klessig family.

24. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Rest in peace my friend.

Stogy likes this.
  25. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

We've lost one of the best..............

26. unklgriz

unklgriz

RIP Bob. May the road be paved in gold and the hand of God guide you through your next journey. Godspeed my friend.

Larry and Elaine

Thor1, wingnutz, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  27. mopar57

mopar57

RIP BOB

Stogy likes this.
  28. See ya in the funny papers BB. I’ll be thinkin’ of ya.

Thoughts are with Maggie and the Klessig family, including this one here on the HAMB.

Thor1, wingnutz, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This wasn't what I wanted to see or write when I sat down with the first cup of Coffee and checked to see what was happening this morning. Like many Here I have followed Bob's exploits and travels since the first Day I was a member. I missed being able to meet him when he made a swing through the PNW on his Alaska trip a few years ago because of my work schedule.
    My condolences to Maggie, his family and his close friends.

wingnutz, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  30. 117harv

117harv

[​IMG]
    Bob K
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Antigo Wi.

I got to tell you ,It's a great to see you on the Hamb Bob,Sending prayers

Still looking good for Detroit, congrats, I did that a few years ago.

B:)B

His last post, always up-beat. Never met Bob, but it feels like I did, another member of the HAMB family gone. :(

Thor1, wingnutz, Stogy and 3 others like this.