Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest BOB K'S NEW PROJECT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, Dec 27, 2016.

1. 52HardTop

52HardTop

I've never had the honor to meet you Bob. We did swap messages on facebook once. We do have something in common though. My wife Jean and I also enjoy, the time we spend together in, our vert and our hardtop too. Keep on driving Bob. With the top down. lake2.jpg

2. Very honored to meet Bob at GNRS some years ago. Such a nice man. Praying for you Bob.....

Stogy likes this.
  3. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Bob, you hang tough my friend. We are all pulling for you. Do you remember all the times we would see each while driving in opposite directions at all the shows. We would put out our hands and slap 'em and keep on cruzin'! Never did seem to say anything , just a friendly hello slap. This would happen everywhere like, BTTF's, Corn Roast, Indy, Kalamazoo, Columbus and many more. It always made my trip!

Thor1, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Hey Bob.....I hear that you're under the weather again.....Keep fighting as long as you can. It was great hanging with you for a short time at Detroit and catchin up at least a little. Hey, I'm still here on the H.A.M.B. you got me to join and its been fun. Hope to see you soon. Murph

5. atch

atch

Bob, thanx for making me feel like your best friend every time we met up, regardless of when or where or how long it had been since our last meeting.

Irish Mike, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. I hope your ride isn't too bumpy here, towards the end. I wish we could eat a bowl of chili again, man. Peace and love to you, Maggie and the family.

I think that the best way to honor Bob's memory is to drive the shit out of our stuff. That's what I'm going to do. God damn it, now my eyes are all wet...

OL 55, Floater03, plan9 and 7 others like this.
  7. phat rat

phat rat

You're not alone with those sentiments

8. DRD57

DRD57

I've spent a lot of good times together with Bob. Hanging out at Bonneville, numerous GG events all over the country, Race of Gentlemen in NJ, R&C Ego-Rama, He used to pick me up at the airport when I flew in to Louisville for the Nat's. Helluva nice guy and a good friend.

I pray that the road ahead is smooth and full of more good times and memories. I'm praying for you buddy. You too Maggie.

9. DRD, buncha other HAMBers and Bob chillin at B'ville..Lurker Micks red 32 RPU...Bob's checkin it out. It's always a blast spending time with Bob. He'd cover the entire interior of his Chevy rag top with plastic when driving on the salt...spent some great times riding with Bob on the salt in the chevy.
    My old black 41 Pontiac bvillesaltbobkandlurkermick.jpg

10. Well, this is not the news I wanted to hear. Hang tough Bob, my friend, and a hot rod role model for many. I always looked forward to seeing you and catching up at Bonneville or other events where our paths crossed.

plan9, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. Nomad

Nomad
    from Gretna, NE

Bob has always brought joy and laughter to those around him and reminds us all that this hot rod and custom thing is supposed to be fun. I cherish the times I've had hanging out with him at events and sharing our perspectives on old cars - and life in general. You're the best, Bob!

Stogy, Chili Phil and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. A Boner

A Boner

Praying for you, Bob and Maggie.....

Stogy likes this.
  13. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope that Bob gets to see all of these wonderful comments from his car friends. I'm sure it would warm his heart and give him some peace.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Slocrow

Slocrow

This is not news I wanted to hear...
    Bob is such a nice guy and always ready to help and show you around. He knows everyone. Klessig_Showdown.jpg B'Ville-03.jpg From L'Ville to B'Ville he was your friend, regardless! Frank

15. phat rat

phat rat

Hey Frank how have you been?

16. I've met a lot of people here, made a lot of lifetime friends, too....but nobody except BobK drove me through Clampett Hollow, which I didn't know existed only a few miles from my place....leave it to the traveling gnome, Mr Klessig to find EVERY nook and cranny on this earth. I'm truly thankful for your friendship and wisdom you've shared over the years I've known you, Bob.

17. Slocrow

Slocrow

Been fair jack. SlowN down. 32 is still on the rack. Sent U N email. Frank

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. I hope Bob’s family find comfort knowing the Man led a good life and made countless friends all because of his passion for this hobby and his willingness to help anyone that needed it. I met him in Detroit a few years ago and he was a class act. Was he never not smiling! Cancer is a horrible disease..Rest Easy Bob..when and if the day comes ya got lots of folks up there waiting for you! Stay Strong

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob's family has made sure that he saw these posts. Keep them coming folks I'm sure it means a lot to him.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  20. Brian Klessig

Brian Klessig

This is Brian again, Pa's son... I am actually sitting next to my Pa reading everyone of these right now. I may go horse at some point. :) You guys are amazing... you are bringing more joy then you can image. It is amazing when he hears a name he remembers he lights up and has laughed at a few of the stories.

21. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

You can BEAT IT,BOB! YOU GOT THIS!!!!!

Stogy likes this.
  22. AHotRod

AHotRod

Hi Bob :)

IMG_0938.JPG

Glenn :)

chryslerfan55, Floater03 and Stogy like this.
  23. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Bob I’d just like to say thanks for taking care of my many stays in Detroit and for the advice never to get old

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, Stogy and Squablow like this.
  24. alchemy

alchemy

Missed you at Back to the Fifties today Bob. We sure will miss you in Des Moines next weekend too. Take care.

-Your friend Jeff

25. Bob,

Sorry I missed you and your wife when you were in the Sault Ste. Marie area a few years back. And thanks for the offer of hotel rooms for Autorama. You have been, and continue to be, in my prayers.

Stephen G

26. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Bob, we have never met, and I am sure that is my loss. Reading your journeys around the country and the salt water fishing at Bonneville have been priceless, indeed. Wishing you and your Mrs. the best.

Stogy likes this.
  27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    chryslerfan55 and Jeff Norwell like this.
  28. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Many prayers for his friends and family. The car world has lost a great one.

Stogy likes this.
  29. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

30. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Godspeed my friend. ....you touched so many....Littleman

chryslerfan55, mctim64, Stogy and 2 others like this.