Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest BOB K'S NEW PROJECT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, Dec 27, 2016.

1. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I told Bob I wanted to be like him when I grew up. He replied, "That's your first mistake. Don't grow up." Glad I run into you at Detroit a couple months back.

2. John Stimac

John Stimac

Bob, your the only guy that sends me birthday greetings every year, sorry I missed yours. Roberta and I have you in our prayers at the Church, there is real power in that structure from Arizona to the big man in your behalf.

3. 63Compact

63Compact

Sorry to hear things aren't looking good, glad our paths crossed a few times over the years.

Stogy likes this.
  4. Marken

Marken

Prayers go out to you and your family Bob.

Stogy likes this.
  5. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Our thoughts and prayers are with Bob and his family. It is always a treat to spend a little time with Bob. I can't help but think of the day we spent riding around the flooded salt flats during Speedweek in the Chevy convert. All of us here at TRJ are always pleased to see Bob at events from Bonneville to the Bayou Roundup. You sir are a man of tremendous spirit and a kind soul.--Steve Coonan

6. sawzall

sawzall

Thinking about you bob, maggie and your family..

It was just one year ago that I had a chance to say hello at BTT50's in minnesota.. that time, and every time we had the chance to meet you had kind words to share.. if the world were filled with guys like you, it would be a much better world.

7. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

My love to you and your family. We will meet again, here or on roads yet unknown. Thanks for being my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55, sawzall and Stogy like this.
  8. wicarnut

wicarnut

Thoughts and Prayers for Bob and his Family.

Stogy likes this.
  9. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob, though I live on the other side of the state from you, it will be one of the bigger regrets in this life that I didn't get to meet you in person. Having said that I still feel like I know you from seeing you around this joint for the last 15 years or so.

My wife and I said a prayer for you tonight as well as your beautiful wife Maggie, your son Brian and the rest of your family and friends. We will continue to do so. All of us are better for having known you or having known OF you. You cast a big shadow as you went through this life brother, and you set a fine example for the rest of us to follow. Like others have said, I too am hopeful that the Lord might yet change the outcome of this part of your story. If He does not, I hope you will rest easy knowing that you are loved and you will be deeply and dearly missed.

May the Lord bless you and keep you;
    May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
    May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

Godspeed brother. I look forward to meeting you on the other side.

10. bonesy

bonesy

Praying for Bob.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. Got to meet Bob a number of years back at the Leadsled Spectacular. He is the kind of guy that once you talk to him for a few minutes it seems like you've known him forever. Larger than life!
    Prayers for you Bob and your family during this difficult time. God bless! E

chryslerfan55, drdave and Stogy like this.
  12. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Nothing can be said that hasn't already been said Bob your a hella of a guy talked to you a few times and like everyone says you were a beacon of light in our hobby hope your pain free and enjoying our love. god Bless Jared

13. Razr 039.jpg We briefly met and talked in the hotel parking lot during LSRU 2013.
    Seemed like a really genuine fellow.
    I remember seeing your car roll in and thinking Wow! It's actually Bob K.
    From someone who has and is dealing with cancer,
    I know the feeling of being powerless.
    GodSpeed Bob.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  14. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Our prayers go out for you and Maggie. May god bless you all.

15. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Bob, brightens the day where ever he goes. Here is a picture of him while we were preparing to take some photos at my home town a few years ago. Bob was here for the HAMB Drags. He had been to the KKOA show at Salina, Kansas, the Streetrod Nationals in Louisville, Kentucky, then on to Speedweek at Bonneville. I think he headed to the east coast after he returned home from here. Bob likes to drive a hot rod and so do I. Bob is my hot rod hero.
    IMG_6105.JPG IMG_6103.JPG

16. Glo and I thank you for your endless inspiration, your heartfelt interest in our journey through life and even your occasional criticism. But mostly we thank you for your friendship. Our prayers continue.

Larry

17. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I hate to hear the news about our friend Bob. But man, what a life!, with so many relationships and experiences to cherish. I pray for comfort and peace for Bob and his family.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  18. phat rat

phat rat

Bob in the fall of 05 at NHRA Museum cruise night with DRD57's roadster during our trip together to Ca.

Attached Files:

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Jeff Norwell like this.
  19. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Man I keep looking back at this, this is hitting me hard. Bob you are one of my favorite people and when I call you Uncle B I mean it, you are family to me. Words can not describe the respect I have for you!
    Please take it easy my friend.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    spurgeonforge, Stogy, NoSurf and 4 others like this.
  20. Bob and Maggie you are both in our prayers. Keep the faith. Bob , I've still got those Studebaker parts for you. You get better so you can put them to good use. Steve and Barb on HWY 2

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  21. C'mon B:DB, you've got the power of 10,000 greasy hoodlums pulling for you. Get some rest and come on back my friend, we're not done with you yet.

22. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Sumbitch, this is so hard to digest. I've known Bob since a Goodguy's Indy show a long while back. I saw his Chev before I saw him. The license plate said simply "HAMB." I had to meet the owner which I did. Bob was an instant friend and remained so ever since. We would just meet up on our travels, places like B'ville, the L.A. Roadsters show, the AMBR show, Indy, the SEMA Show, just everywhere. And Bob, every time we met and shook hands, the time since our last meeting just melted away and we were swapping lies and enjoying each other to the max. Old friends:

Damn, my eyes are so friggin' wet, I can't type anymore. Bob, my friend. my old friend.

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

24. I'll never listen to that favorite song ever again without thinking of my old friend!

25. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I hope someone can post the photo of Bob fishing on the salt flats. I can not find mine. It is one of my favorites.

John

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. Bob,you & Maggie are at the top of my prayer list. HRP

drdave and Stogy like this.
  27. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Sandy and I send prayers to Bob Maggie and family, I was so stoked many years ago when I first met Bob. He was like a rockstar to me, and still is.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe the nicest guy I ever met, right off the start. I'm still being optimistic, hoping you'll beat the big "C" and we'll run into each other in the future. God bless you and your family, my friend.

Stogy likes this.
  29. phat rat

phat rat

Ask and you shall recieve 411525563.jpg

30. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER