Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 60's Style HotRods, Street, Race, Custom - Come On, Post pictures of what you like !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Sep 19, 2006.

1. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Here's the photo of Uncertain T - WITH that wicked looking body on its chassis for most of us to marvel at... Uncertain-T.jpg

2. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Which vehicle are you talking about? The El Matador?

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  3. Yes, the El Matador.

4. verde742

verde742

I would like to know HOW the rear suspension works on the uncertain T, >> doesn't appear ANYTHING is below scrub line and yet? Is there a shackle at one end? Not visible. And this not the first time I have ask this question. Steve Scott, the builder could not, or would not, explain it well enuff, to my weak mind. ANYBODY?

5. fordaholic

fordaholic

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. fordaholic

fordaholic

There is a picture of the chassis on the page before this one, shows the rear leaf springs ,

7. worlds shortest torque tube. looks like he lined up the fixed end of the spring with the center line of the u-joint. clever untitled.png

8. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Question... Where is the fuel tank??? Or its possible that this wild show car was NEVER driven??

9. From the man himself "Where is the gas tank? Behind the panel that’s behind the seats. The gas cap and fill tube are behind the license plate, like most cars of the day."

http://www.stevescottsuncertaint.com/faq.html

10. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Most likely a MOON type cylinder tank to allow for small space. I would kill to see this rod as it was cruzin' the streets! Gonna look up YouTube to see if a video exists...

chryslerfan55, loudbang and enloe like this.
  11. 31chevymike

31chevymike

The only video I could find of this WICKED Uncertain T hot rod so far...

12. 31chevymike

31chevymike

While we're on the subject of wild 60's Custom Show Cars...

13. 31chevymike

31chevymike

14. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

That's about the time I quit going to car shows. Bath tubs, phone booths, coffins with engines just didn't do it for me. I'm a little more understanding now and I've learned I can look away. :D

15. chubbie

chubbie

My cousins Roger and Larry Jongerius of J&J Chassis Built custom cars in the 60's 70's. They had a tough time building them, Said that people came in and this is what they wanted to buy/build

16. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I turned 73 a couple of days ago. The first thing I remember reading, that a teacher didn't make me read, was an article in a little magazine about Bonneville. There was a picture of the Chrismans' coupe. I never tired of it before Barris touched it. Simplicity, purpose built, improved performance builds are what got me here. Shows allowed us to get a good look at some bad ass race and street cars that were rarely sitting where we could see them. We got to talk to the guys that built and raced them. These total show cars lost me. I'm not putting the design and craftsmanship down just saying it lost me. I'd rather see a beater driven than a show car sittin'. Trog, Colorado Hill Climb, etc ........ are where I hope to be. :) I'm glad there is room for all! :D

17. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Didn't mean to pinch a nerve Sixball, just wanted to show a way that I digged them. Custom Rods of the 60's has captivated my passion for hot rods. So much so, that I am focused to re-create my '31 as an example. What will be very difficult to achieve, is my goal to create a quad-lighted grille shell. Somehow, I will find a way...

18. I enjoyed the videos. Not everyone will get the whole show car thing. You have to understand the concept behind them. Some ran, some didn't. I saw a lot of the one's in the videos in person through out the years. And the Uncertain T did run, and did get driven, maybe not on the street very much, if at all, but it did get driven. It was licensed in California. That's one I'd like to find, or at least build a loosely based copy of.

19. fordaholic

fordaholic

Growing up in small town PG B.C I remember a blue metalflake T like this running around town , Seen it a few different times. I don't know who owned it. would be in the early 70s . Anyone know who made the bodies? or could you buy one , from some supplier like speedway ??

31chevymike likes this.
  20. I'm not 100% sure, but if you are referring to the "Uncertain T" I believe one or more of the rod magazines had printed blueprints/dimensions to replicate it. Pretty sure it was wood with a glass coating? Many of the rods in the video look to be copies (and the blue scale model of course) as I think the original copper version was repainted gold, but retained the driveline etc.. Just my weak recollection of course!

Dave

chryslerfan55 and lurker mick like this.
  21. verde742

verde742

AND that picture explains it for you? :confused:

Looks like to me each end is fixed, and has no place to "spring"

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  22. loudbang

loudbang

23. loudbang

loudbang

24. loudbang

loudbang

25. loudbang

loudbang

26. loudbang

loudbang

27. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Yes I would say that that is a possibility, as were soooo many others.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

28. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Ok, I’m a realist, the “Uncertain T” was great for photo op’s and car shows as long as it didn’t have to be driven. I was always infatuated with the “Eclipse” got to talk to the owner at the time (early year 2000) and he explained to me that it wasn’t streetable. Show only. And basically impractical for any use. Some are created for stimulation of our imagination, which @ my late 60’s I’m finding inaccurate and very forgiving.Anybody else experiencing this situation?

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55, deadbeat and loudbang like this.
  29. ramblin dan

ramblin dan