Register now to get rid of these ads!

Long time lurker from south-west of Tombstone AZ

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by TrailerTrashToo, Jun 21, 2018.

1. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

I am about 1/2 way between Squirrel's place and the Mexican border. I like to read the adventures of Squirrel and have learned a lot of technical info here.

I am retired, now over 70 years old. For a while in the early 1980's, I drove 1960's style 1933 ford sedan (283, power glide, channeled, plywood floors, no fenders, bubble-gum welds and lots of bondo). The kids grew bigger and no longer fit.

1947 Cadillac flathead - Low res.jpg
    This is my yard art, 1947 Cadillac flathead with auto transmission. The fan used to spin in the wind, but little kids moved next door, so I locked the fan.

My 1952 telephone company service bed appears to be "on topic". I joined this morning because I had information to share on the service bed.

My 1962 Volvo PV544 is subject to debate... It looks like a 1940's Ford sedan. The disk brake conversion uses parts available since 1962. I found lots of Volvo posts using the search, but, an interesting post "disappeared" this afternoon. Guess I will keep a "low profile" on this car.

Thanks, Russ McLean

1Nimrod likes this.
  2. Elvis100

Elvis100

3. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Thanks

4. nightmoves

nightmoves

Welcome in Russ. I saw the avatar, and thought... McLean Trucking.... I hadn't seen that in a few decades. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

I grew up in MA, thought it was cool to see the family name on the side of a truck. A quick Google search shows that McLean went bankrupt in 1986. Turns out that 1986 was the year I got divorced, lost the house in town and became trailer trash. I never realized the coincidence before.

6. nightmoves

nightmoves

Well I hope everything has recovered since then. As I was saying, there was a McLean Trucking company hub here in Nashville years ago. So the logo is easily recognizable. A couple of my buddies worked on the docks and drove for them. Take care brother, see you on the board.

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app