Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Gasser.. Same Name..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MISTER TWISTER, Feb 16, 2018.

1. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

my dad and a buddy helped muscle the motor and trans in for good!

IMG_0823.JPG IMG_0824.JPG

mad mikey, Thor1, AHotRod and 6 others like this.
  2. I wouldn't use that axle its got holes in it.

Guess this one could actually be called "Mister Twister Too" ;)

Nice build my friend. No more extreme than it needs to be. :cool:

3. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

Had a mini car show in the driveway the other day. My dad stopped by in his 55 and a buddy stopped by in his A coupe. thought this was a cool pic!
    IMG_20180421_153829770_HDR.jpg

mad mikey, Thor1, OahuEli and 11 others like this.
  4. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

My dad reminded me he still had the old red windows from my 53 in his barn. He dug them out and surprisingly they cleaned up good. So thinking i might cut them down and use those for the side glass.

mad mikey, Thor1, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  5. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

Well haven’t had chance to post in a while so I thought i'd post a few updates...

Anywho, we took the car to Dragway 42 for it’s maiden voyage down the strip a couple weeks ago. I didn’t expect to make a balls out pass or anything I just wanted to take the car down the track to feel it out . I made 2 easy shakedown passes and the car seemed to go straight, was smooth and stopped good. that was enough to make me comfortable enough to make a 3rd full pass under power. Leaving off idle, the car run a 10.46 @ 127. I really didn't know what the car was gunna run but i can say i was pretty happy with what it ran especially being the first time out. After those 3 passes i could've made a 4th pass but decided I didn’t want to push my luck and there'd be another day. We loaded the car up and come home with a smile!

Over the next couple days, I went over the car and found a few things that happened during the first time out. One thing was that the throttle pedal was actually bending not allowing full throttle so I ended up making a new peddle from some 7/16” round stock. The other thing I noticed was the cheapo chrome distributor clamp decided to loosen its grip and allowed the timing to jump up to 56 degrees! I fixed this with a better clamp and tossed that $3 chromed POS!

IMG_0901.PNG IMG_0904.PNG IMG_0902.PNG IMG_0903.PNG IMG_0860.JPG

6. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

Last week my buddy J Bird who is an exceptionally talented artist came out to letter up the car. He looked the car all over, made sketches and then he said he was only doing the car one way and that is in leaf! I wasn’t really sure that I wanted leaf since I was thinking of just having him paint the lettering on. So i ended up just telling him to do whatever he thinks will look cool.. He did the lettering in red variegated leaf and painted the rest. After I saw the finished product, i thought man I’m glad I took his advice! The work he did was spot on and I couldn’t be any happier! He just made it look so dam easy!

IMG_20180611_150243912.jpg FB_IMG_1529413944915.jpg IMG_20180616_172818829_HDR.jpg IMG_20180616_172805491_HDR.jpg IMG_20180616_172856311_HDR.jpg IMG_20180616_172739660_HDR.jpg

7. gdaddy

gdaddy
    from nw fl.

that is one fine ride .

Thor1, loudbang and AmishMike like this.
  8. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All I can say is...WOW!o_O:confused::cool:

loudbang likes this.
  9. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

So this past weekend we went back to 42 after fixing the gas pedal and distributor hold down. Off the trailer the car went 10.33 @ 128. It backed it up with 2 more passes @ 10.32 and 10.31. I progressively launched it a little harder each time..

Capture.PNG

The next night we took it to Quaker for some more TnT. Before we went I took a few degrees of timing out since I had an idea the engine was happier with less timing advance. My 53 usually ran a tad slower at Quaker than other tracks i figure since the top end is slightly uphill, so I was expecting my ET to reflect that. To my surprise, the first two passes at quaker were 10.33 and 34. I think my last two passes would’ve been fastest yet due to the 60' time but unfortunately I run off due to a wheelstand + missed shift combo! I’ll know if the timing change really made difference once I get back to 42.

Either way I’m totally stoked after a lot of work that I can finally start to enjoy this thing and just go have some fun with it! Even though the car and i are still getting familar with each other, I have to admit those couple hard launches were alotta fun

IMG_0881.PNG

10. mutant55

mutant55

Just chiming in for the first time, but I have been lurking on this entire build. All I can say is that's a bad ass ride! It looks like it leaves pretty nice, and real consistent et's! What kind of 60 foots are you running? Everything looks fantastic as well! Very nice job.

Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  11. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

thanx alot guys! Mutant, thanx alot man. Best 60' was a 1.36 and 1.37

12. 01mikep

01mikep
    from California

Oh Wow. Impressive. Really like what you've done!

13. DRD57

DRD57

Badass!

14. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Badass coupe, well done!

15. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Well done!!! :cool::cool::cool:

16. loudbang

loudbang

Great job!! Really hauled ass on the first day after the build.

Thor1 and enloe like this.
  17. mutant55

mutant55

Boy, that 1.36/1.37 60' zone is right on the money for a 10.30 run, I think your pretty dialed in there, that thing is leaving right. You guys made short work out of sorting it out! Good for you. My super stocker runs the same 60'/et's, so I know right where your at, and wheelies are nothing but fun eh? Looks like it carries them pretty good off the line.

18. Very cool build!

19. bchctybob

bchctybob

Been following since the start, great job!! Looks fantastic and apparently runs as good as it looks.
    How 'bout posting some glamour shots of it now that it's pretty much done?

20. rjones35

rjones35

Awesome!!

21. mkebaird

mkebaird

Love that coupe! Great job!

22. hotcargo

hotcargo

fantastic.......................luv it

Steve in Oz

23. 392

Great build. Have fun and enjoy.

24. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Big thumbs up. What a ride.

25. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

thanks alot guys appreciate the support! Raining this weekend here so i figure it's a good time to make some changes and hopefully get it back to the track next weekend..

Thanx man.. yeah i didnt expect to do that the first night but everything seemed ok so i figured what the hay..

Oh yeah it was a blast.. it was pushing me in the seat pretty good when it was doing those 60 foots .. So far there wasnt any major bugs to work out so i'm pretty greatful for that but anything can happen. I have my fingers crossed that everything stays together.
    the plugs show the jetting is still a little rich but I dont want to change jets yet since i want to see if the timing change made a difference. It's hard to only make one change at time but that's the only way I'll figure out what works and what doesn't.

thanx alot Bob,, i will, i'll get some better pics next time we take it out

Thor1, DANSLED and loudbang like this.
  26. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

It’s been a while since I’ve posted on this thread so I thought I’d post a lil update. Ended up buying a house late last summer /early fall so I’ve been pretty busy with all the fun of buying, selling, moving, fixing and all the unexpected stuff that comes up in between. So needless to say, the season kind of ended early last year and I've not really had a chance to mess with the car much.

Anyway, a few months ago i decided to take a break from the house stuff and sign up for the Cleveland Piston Powered Show coming up in mid march. I’m not really into the whole show car thing and this is in no way a show car but thought it might be kinda fun to do for one time. To me it's an opportunity to go have some fun, hangout and enjoy the car a little whilst the weather still sux here in Blohio.. LOL Plus I guess going to the show is motivating me in a way to finish up some details that I planned to get around to like interior trim, door panels and getting the headers coated and so on..

Anyway thought I’d share the interior panels i'm working on. I tried to mimic the original 52 door panel trim lines. They aren’t perfect by any means but I’m happy with em especially for my first time using a bead roller. I did have a helper so I guess I can’t take all the credit haha

20190222_192724.jpg 20190217_182745.jpg 20190224_165629.jpg 20190223_163500.jpg

Countn'Carbs, AHotRod, 1low52 and 4 others like this.
  27. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Looks:):):) Great!

Thor1 likes this.
  28. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Good build; excellent stance..Um, where did you find the helper?:)

Thor1 likes this.
  29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

NICE GARAGE

Thor1 likes this.
  30. AHotRod

AHotRod

Awesome job, well done!

Thor1 likes this.