Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Front Engine Dragster SOLD!!!

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Rand Man, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Rand Man

Rand Man

City: Rogers

State: Arkansas
    Price: 15,000
    Blown Alky 400 SBC, 900 HP. Engine is all new with only a handful of easy 1/4 mile passes. Includes a vintage, enclosed dragster trailer.

Attached Files:

JUNK ROD, catdad49, wraymen and 3 others like this.
  2. Rand Man

Rand Man

I could keep this engine. . . , but I’m a lot more inclined to sell the entire package to a new home.

Make me an offer man.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  3. Rand Man

Rand Man

trailer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  4. Rand Man

Rand Man

I have set a price. If a serious buyer wants to pay a different price, they make an offer. If I don't agree with that price, I make a counteroffer. That's how deals are made.

I have no idea what "my bottom dollar" is, until I hear an offer. I don't need the money. If you are interested, throw a price at me.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Chucky and BrandonB like this.

5. Rand Man

Rand Man

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  6. Rand Man

Rand Man

It’s about 180” wheelbase. Engine is all new. Dart 400 Chevy block, SRP forged, coated pistons, Total Seal gapless rings. Custom-ground roller camshaft. Heads are Aluminum CNC ported, suitable for a high-end dirt-modified race car. Forged 4” crankshaft. Every part is hand-selected, top of the line.
    Power glide with trans brake.
    I think the rear end is a Chrysler 8 3/4”

Yes it was certified to 7.50

Did I mention that the steering and shifter setup and wiring are brand new?

Also, the wheelbase is easy to change. The car was originally built was a 150” wheelbase. If you are concerned that this won’t fit in your garage; we can work on that.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  7. Rand Man

Rand Man

Engine was built by professional engine builder, specializing in race motors. Every part, from top-fuel style oil pan and pump to the fuel system was designed for a purpose.

Dyno run was clicked off at 7000 rpm
    750 torque and 850 HP, and the graph lines were still rising sharply. There’s a lot of potential gain with tuning. I just never felt the need to push it. This package was built about six years ago then life changed and been parked since.

Blower has all new internals and end plate by Blower Drive Service. Custom Holley 1050 Dominator carb. High flow electric fuel pump. Alternator.
    New paint
    IMG_1917.JPG IMG_1816.JPG

I have run this thing in the mid-8 second quarter mile range at above 160 mph. It should run down to the 7.50 chassis limit.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  8. Rand Man

Rand Man

[​IMG]

YES. It is still for sale.

I talked to Scott Allen. He's a former owner of the FED. Here's what he wrote before he called:

"I know most of the history. It has always been around the Indy, Anderson, Yorktown, Muncie area until I traded Ricky Barns. I miss that car greatly, had a lot of fun with it. I am friends with the original owner. His name is Charlie Sewell. It was built in 66 by a guy named Don Dean in Carmel In. which is part of Indianapolis. It is chromoly and should have no problem being certified for 7.50. I will call you with more details.”

He said it started out as a Top Gas car, one of the first to run the new 426 Hemi. It was called the "Sagittarius", with a naked lady one the cowl. He said Don bought the parts from Jegs, before they got big. It is a copy of a Don Long design. It was front-halved by Spitzer around the year 2000.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  9. Rand Man

Rand Man

10. Rand Man

Rand Man

I could bring it to the H.A.M.B. Drags, if anybody wants to take a look, maybe see it run.

11. Rand Man

Rand Man

I could bring it, but I probably won’t bring it “just in case”. Send me a message if you’re seriously interested.

12. Rand Man

Rand Man

13. Rand Man

Rand Man

Hey, this thing is for sale. Let’s make a deal!

14. Rand Man

Rand Man

You don’t forget what it’s like to sit on 1000 horsepower. Fire and sound screaming out of the eight stacks in front your face. Tires smoking right beside you. Extreme acceleration and speed is over in a few seconds, when you pull the parachute lever and stand on the brakes, hoping you don’t run off the end of the track, which is coming up fast. The chute works like magic as you cut the engine, coast around the hard right turn onto the return road. All quiet now except a few tics of hot metal and your heart thumping in your chest.

30dodgeboy and plan9 like this.