Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bent Model A frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrHavard, Jun 18, 2018.

1. I was looking over my new-to-me model a frame today and it looks like the upper flange on the drivers side is pulled out slightly. Is this something I can fix myself? I've attached a picture.

Attached Files:

Bill Nabors likes this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Plenty of ways to repair it . Depends on your skill level, tools and experience. Also think about boxing your frame rails . The frame can be easily repaired. Is the frame metal in decent shape? Thin spots, scaling ,pitting ? Remember there is the good , the bad and the ugly way to repair.

3. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Blue wrench and BFH

4. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

That hole is for the cowl foot bolt, so you have to get it right. If the rail is rolled out as well as the top pushed out, fix the roll first (I used a long 2x4 as a lever) then have some fun with the BFH.

5. I think the metal is in pretty decent shape and I am planning on boxing the rails. I first noticed this when I was taking some cross measurements. The measurements from the rear crossmember to the middle seem spot on, however from the middle to the front cross member is off on one side.

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

It started out as a flat sheet of metal and Henry bent it so that it looks like a Model A frame. Now its a bent Model A frame. Bend it back. Its just a piece of metal

7. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Best Answer^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MrHavard likes this.
  8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I did a 32 frame with a length of 4"x2" snug between each open 'C' channel. Cut lumber to fit snug on undamaged edge and with another block of wood and a BFH, massage the flange back into position. Measure everything and check diagonals etc. Dress up the edges and voila, it's done.

Just Gary likes this.