Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Sacramento

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Dusty_v8, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Dusty_v8

Dusty_v8

New to the forums but not new to the classic/antique car world...

I’ve had nothing but old cars since I started driving in the early 90s.

50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s.

Love the complex simplicity of a well engineered classic. The lines, mechanical, reliability, and fun of owning and working on a beauty.

This forum has always popped up as long as I can remember looking for answers, so now I’m biting the bullet and making this real.

I have a newly acquired 54 Dodge Royal with a nicely running 241 baby hemi.

Few pics of the fun! IMG_0055.JPG IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0377.JPG IMG_0368.JPG IMG_0056.JPG You_Doodle_2018-06-10T08_22_14Z.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chop job likes this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. It should make a great daily driver if that is what you are after. I don't know if it is shadows or not but kind of looks like it has a lot of Bondo in the rear quarter in the photo on the trailer. If so you need to go all around with a magnet to see where it all is and give the back side of that area a good look.
    Check brakes, tires, etc. for safety issues and drive the heck out of it. That way you can safely drive it as any restoration or modification work progresses.
    Jimmie

Dusty_v8 likes this.
  3. Dusty_v8

Dusty_v8

Hi Jimmie,
    Sucks I didn’t even notice that. I’ll make sure to shake it Down when I’m back in town. Haven’t even washed the 30 years of dust of her yet. Probably won’t be my daily, but she’ll get some miles on her for sure!

Thanks for the welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app