Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Who makes quality reproduction seat covers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oilguy, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Oilguy

Oilguy

I am going to have my seat covers replaced this winter on my 62. A previous owner installed 63 covers for some reason and I just can't deal with it anymore. I did a search on here but didn't find anything that would apply to my car's era. I would appreciate feedback on PUI, Ciadella, etc. I am willing to pay for the best I can find; only want to do it once. The photo is the correct design for the 62 cars and this is what I am after.
    Thanks. 62 seats 2 s-l500.jpg

2. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

Legendary has a very good reputation.

Oilguy likes this.
  3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Just replaced the interior on my 63 Impala with one from Cars Inc. No complaints.

Gary IMG_0645-3.JPG

Deuces, dana barlow and Oilguy like this.
  4. Oilguy

Oilguy

That is what I am after. No drips, runs or errors. Looks great. Thanks.

5. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

I've had good luck with Ciadella. They are good people to work with and their products are great.

6. Oilguy

Oilguy

Thanks lcfman. So far no negatives regarding any of the vendors.

7. I had great luck with other parts from Ciadella, they were great to work with.
    I got everything but a seat cover from them, headliner, carpet, door panels, welting, etc.

Oilguy likes this.
  8. eberhama

eberhama

PUI is mediocre driver quality stuff, but its comparatively cheap. Legendary has a good repututation, and a lot of people in the musclecar world swear by them.

Deuces and Oilguy like this.
  9. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Talked to LeBARON-BONNEY ?

10. Deuces

Deuces

Don't know why you let that little shit bother you.... That bench looks beautiful..... :rolleyes:

11. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

I do this stuff daily ,my preference is Ciadellas. But pricing is up top also. I put on a set of PUI a while back and the quality of vinyl SUCKED. Prior to that I did recommend them.

Oilguy likes this.
  12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PUI. End of discussion when it comes to 60's interiors.

Oilguy likes this.
  13. My buddy did his 57 Chevy convert with Ciadellas in 2010 and things are fading badly. For the record the top is up most of the time so it's not a sun thing. He's talked to others with the same issues.

Oilguy likes this.
  14. Oilguy

Oilguy

The photo is of a 62 seat that I am wanting, not what I have in the car. Though my existing covers are excellent, having owned two other 62 Impalas I just can't deal with 63 covers in the car. Sorry I confused things.

15. Oilguy

Oilguy

This is like asking which is the best car lift to buy. Feedback is much appreciated. Regarding PUI, I have heard much more good than bad so will likely roll with that one. Hope to be able to save the existing covers for someone with a 63 that can use them.

16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know if PUI makes what you want but I have put their interiors in 6 cars in the last few years and they are amazing.

I've used others mentioned above but once you have compared them side by side... No comparison.

I won't post a bunch of OT muscle cars pics but I'm driving a 69 big block OT today with 10 year old PUI covers and they still look amazing!

Oilguy likes this.
  17. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Call Gina at Ciadellas the best they have several of my cars all great

Oilguy likes this.
  18. Gman0046

Gman0046

I never let price dictate what parts I buy. Quality is what I shoot for. I'll never forget what a firend of mine told me after spending $5400 on an interior for his 55 Chevy. When I asked him how he liked it, he replied " I wish I would have spent $10,000 for something I liked ".

Gary

Oilguy likes this.