Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 6/8/18 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Jun 7, 2018.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Nothing new again this week .......so have to roll with an oldie.

5673442462_be72a2de9d_b.jpg

2. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Having some fun in photo shop. DSC_9538.jpg

oldsjoe, Jet96, kiwijeff and 31 others like this.
  3. Gday mates!

NEW STUFF! NEW STUFF! NEW STUFF!

180608Chev29.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018

4. Frogz

Frogz

An old scribble
    [​IMG]

David Gersic, oldsjoe, Jet96 and 39 others like this.
  5. Hot Rods ‘cause I got nothin’ new.

29RPUfullfender_2_4web.jpg 30_FORD_AllWashedUp_03.jpg

30_FORDROD_01.jpg

David Gersic, oldsjoe, b-bop and 38 others like this.
  6. Compilation from Top Secret Customs and Restorations open house in Arlington, WA.

[​IMG]

oldsjoe, Jet96, JimC and 30 others like this.
  7. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. First time posting to the art show... These aren't really what I consider "art", especially compared to you guys.

Nah, these are more like the technical drawings a first year drafting student with a head injury scratches out. :D

Anyway, before I start a build, I like to walk around the car on paper first. It's kinda like daydreaming about spending that lottery money you'll never win, and allows me to make a shopping list, as well as, a wishful thinking list of unobtainium. I add to the book as I go along and try to map out the wheres and hows and sometimes the whys. I'm demented that way.

I'll end up writing all over these, spilling things on 'em, getting Cheeto residue, and greasy fingerprints all over them before it's all said and done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Having said that, I'm welding up the frame and officially kicking off this build over the weekend, so wish me luck and a speedy recovery. :p I'll be sure to post up a lengthy build thread to stand as a warning to others on how NOT to do things. :D

Cheers

9. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg Good Fri. Morning to all.

David Gersic, oldsjoe, JimC and 33 others like this.
  10. Good morning, I'll add this one. It's from one of my favorite artists. My granddaughter Emme . She drew us riding in my coupe. Looks like a little Ed Roth influence.;) 20180608_063003.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    oldsjoe, pwschuh, Jet96 and 28 others like this.
  11. catdad49

catdad49

Emme, just Wonderful! Make sure you have this in a Safe place for future reference. C Cain, what a Start! Can't t wait to see the Real thing. Another great start, Thanks.

12. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

One afternoon after stopping in at our local grocery store for a few groceries and a twelve pack of Yuengling (America's Oldest Brewery) I fired up the M3W for a nice evening cruise. When the big S&S Twin-V came to life I heard the most beautiful jingle coming from the passenger side.....sweet music to my ear! I decided right then to call it the Yuengling Jingle!

My Blog: https://ontheroadtonowhereville.wordpress.com/

High Noon

oldsjoe, Jet96, kiwijeff and 25 others like this.
  13. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2018-6-8_4-25-25.png Dodecahedron...a what???
    "What's that mean?...absolutely nothing..." Elaine Bennis...

Hello,

With the end of school, Father’s Day, Graduation and other things popping up in June or July, here is a simple “thingy” to give as a gift. The pattern is simple. The finished design is a cube of sorts called a Dodecahedron. It can be used for just a paperweight if you put some weighted items inside.

As a graduation gift, after photos are printed on the sides and when you are almost ready to glue in the last tab, drop in a $10,$20,$50, or $100 bill curled up, then glue it shut. They only graduate from high school once, a 13/14 year accomplishment !!!

If you decide to put something inside for a surprise, put it in before the last flap is glued shut. Save the project blank on your computer and you can then use it with red/green colors for the holidays later on in the year.

What goes on the outside? Hand coloring/painting makes it all hand made. But for anyone with a bunch of photos or things that kids made, drew, trips, etc. This is where you can take the photo and insert it on your design. For those that are computer savvy, insert, swivel the image around to fit the sides evenly, then save as a jpeg ready for printing.

For those that aren’t computer savvy, you can take a photo, make it small enough on your document and print. Then cut and paste on each hexagon. This is important as the finished glued project will always show the correct angle of the photo.

Jnaki

If you put in a small zip lock jewelry bag with sand, that acts as a paperweight inside and keeps the Dodecahedron sitting evenly. Flip it over to the side you want to show and the zipped mini sandbag goes to the bottom for weight.

1. Print the blank pattern (shown small, but can be enlarged on the computer.)
    2. Color in the background of each hex
    3. Find the photo or whatever you want to put in those small hex shapes
    4. Paste them on or computer insert them
    5. Gently cut and fold/glue the tabs until all tabs are done except one.
    6. Now insert your surprise gift, money,chocolate, or???
    7. Make sure that all creases are evenly folded and glued
    8. Finished gift or Dodecahedron project paperweight
    upload_2018-6-8_4-34-14.png
    These can be used during the holiday season for hanging personalized decorations. A curved pin can be glued in for the hook or use a commercial hook. Seal the color/art with clear spray.

If you use a thicker paper stock, the creases will withstand bumps and bruises. One time, my son and I played with his Dodecahedron as an indoor volleyball. The first simple paper one got destroyed after a couple hits. Then we made one with a heavier weight card stock and that lasted for weeks. Money was tight and homemade projects just seemed to fit the bill, or lack of bills…way back then from the time machine...

oldsjoe, kiwijeff, Okie Pete and 11 others like this.
  14. oldsjoe, kiwijeff, Sancho and 25 others like this.
  15. Off to work! Thanks for the jump start, everybody. Hope your day has a smile in it. :)

robber, Stogy, catdad49 and 4 others like this.
  16. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

17. GaryC.

GaryC.

One more from the parallel universe.
    The Marmon Wasp futurized. Marmon Wasp.png

18. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Old trains Old cars. What could be better than that?

19. ccain,...welcome to the show, that's art in my book!...frogz nailed it again , as well as all the others,...here's an A truck .......and this photo I took last week, still don't know how it came out distorted ?...and a pic how it should've come out...
    art 2018 111.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 062.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 004.jpg

oldsjoe, Jet96, JimC and 29 others like this.
  20. art dekko

art dekko

I've been helping Chopolds with his '47 Chevy over the years, and I got to doing a 3D model to help visualize the design. I tried rendering the car and inserting it into a photo of his backyard, and then doing a rendering in 'anime' style.

test_4.png test_2.png

21. If that isn't art, then I'm as brain-injured as anyone! Super nice progression. Thanks to you and all the others for the great start to another Friday!

robber, rusty1, BigO and 6 others like this.
  22. I know I just posted these recently but I thought as side by side contrast would be funny.
    The hobby do expand to include your style...

Lil_Joe_Color_Art_01c_fin.png Trophy_Wife_FinArt_v2_4web1.jpg

Grey_Coupe_01_4web.jpg

David Gersic, oldsjoe, Jet96 and 34 others like this.
  23. kenmo

kenmo

24. kenmo

kenmo

robber, edcodesign and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. kenmo

kenmo

Cool and very creative...

robber and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

robber and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thank you .....fun to go back and look at some of the old work.

Thanks much Ken .......

chryslerfan55 likes this.