Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mid Century Modern Furniture

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by curbspeed, Jun 2, 2018.

1. I know there is a lot of cool Mid-Century Modern furniture out there. Let see what you got. This is going to be good. Here is out buffet/china cabinet/credenza. 1956 Heywood-Wakefield. also mid 50's Metalux Navajo pattern dining set. Very groovy. 1962 Seattle Worlds Fair glasses in original holder and some other neat starburst glasses on top too. IMG_1198.JPG IMG_1199.JPG

2. Come on guys and gals! There has to be lots of groovy 50's stuff out there in Hamb land. Here is my wild 50's hairpin rocking chair. It has springs and rocks back and forth. Never seen another one like it. Upholstery is not original. I did that. What it had on it was shot and very ugly. IMG_1214.JPG

Nads, Barn Hunter, loveoftiki and 7 others like this.
  3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

4. 117harv

117harv

Doing a complete remodel of my house, can I share other non furniture items? :)

curbspeed and Moriarity like this.

5. I wish I could do my whole house in this period but the wifey-poo thinks most of it is uncomfortable. I disagree. She wins. ha!. Show us the goods Mark.

6. Like what? Ah hell. Go for it. As long as it is Mid- Century coolness.

chryslerfan55 and 117harv like this.
  7. 117harv

117harv

8. vintage6t

vintage6t
    from CT

This belonged to my parents and was in our house growing up. Probably purchased new in the early 50s. 20180605_191859.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. 117harv

117harv

10. Nice, I like it

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

This was too rough to refinish, so it got painted. 20160926_163305.jpg

12. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

13. fleetside66

fleetside66

This is a piece of a Broyhill Brasilia, whose design theme was based upon the architecture of the capitol of Brazil.

IMG_3909.JPG Brasilica.jpg $(KGrHqV,!qME-ZV5U4mIBP3j-IV!Uw~~60_12.JPG

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

@fleetside66
    I have a Broyhill Brasilia dining set that my grandparents purchased new in the '60s. The table and chairs are actually on the literature that you posted.
    IMG_20180613_095906.jpg

15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Pair of Pollock Arm Chairs (or 657 Sling Chair, still in production by Knoll) that I rescued from my parents' garage. I think they bought them very cheap at a medical office auction and had no idea what they were.
    IMG_20180613_100313.jpg

16. fleetside66

fleetside66

You gotta love finding stuff for free or a bargain & then finding out later that that it has some design fame to it. I found this American of Martinsville piece designed by a guy named Merton Gershon at antique mall. It was a very good price & then I saw a sign that said that everything was 25% off of the sticker price that day! I later bought one of those mid-century headboards that has the integrated nightstands & a year later found out that it was the companion piece to the dresser. It's a cool unit & has a hidden drawer on the very top. Well, I guess it's not a secret anymore. Now everyone knows were I keep my grease stained hankies.

IMG_3930.JPG

17. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Just picked this table yesterday for free just around the block. My wife gave me "the look". On the bottom of the table it's stamped "Walter of Wabash". Just a little repair and clean up are needed. There is a gold band that runs around the edge of the table also. TABLE-1.jpg TABLE-3.jpg

18. Evil Emery

Evil Emery

IMG_0129.JPG

We found somebody getting rid of this over the weekend. I’m going to use it to store old records.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

19. I’ll see you on the dark side of the moon.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Mtn Goat likes this.
  20. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

21. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Man, I love mid century modern furniture. I also enjoy new design as well, so I try not to overwhelm my decor with vintage pieces. A healthy mix of old and new is sort of what I’m going for, I don’t want my house to look like a museum.

Here are some pictures of my home office. Both my wife and I are attorneys that often work from home, so we needed it to be functional. The desk is a Peter Lovig Nielsen, from between 1960-1969, and is solid teak. The console is a 1965 Zenith. Lamp is a salmon Dazor 2055 “ufo”. The wall unit is a Poul Hundevad, which is a super cool piece that completely breaks down section by section. Clock is a repro George Nelson from Kardiel, and the desk chair is from Home Goods, that I thought was cool and clearly inspired by the Herman Miller Eames lounger. The office chairs were generic office furniture I found locally and added spindle legs. I think the room has come together nicely and it’s a place that has been comfortable to hunker down and do some real work. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. fleetside66

fleetside66

Just picked this up in a yard with a "free" sign on it. I expected to jump out of my truck & throw it in my truck with one hand, but I found out the it was unbelievably heavy. It appears to be in the Milo Baughman style...maybe the real deal? Why would someone pay good money for some pulpwood scrap when this sort of classic furniture is there for the taking? What a world.

IMG_4106.JPG

23. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

I found a Milo in the garbage, slanted type, still have it. It needs to be recovered, but I found another similar to the one above, too, but I don't think mine is a Milo.....love to recover that one, also, then sell them as we don't have room. :(

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

550927D5-2B09-4B01-86EC-0E591CD023EB.jpeg 43DBBF94-0BEC-42CA-AF50-98B91A36F055.jpeg 806E32CA-9FA0-4984-A7CB-F78A4D6626F1.jpeg We have a deco/mid-century furnished home. The front room hase Paul Frankl-style furniture with Heywood Wakefield in the dining room. Don’t have a complete picture of the HW dining room table and chairs, but you get the idea.

25. Oh wow....just found this....wait till I get home. We just bought a 1959 Mid Mod Ranch. We’ve been collecting furniture for years and now have a place to display it all. House has the low pitch roof, vaulted ceilings, beams running through it, Celestry windows, giant Roman brick 2 view fireplace. We’ve got a collection of vintage pieces mixed with some of the modern interpretations of vintage pieces. We also had to “undo” some things previous owner did..like ripping out a 10 year old kitchen remodel complete with granite counters..it’s been a fun project and something the wife and I both enjoy.

26. A few from my phone

Attached Files:

27. 117harv

117harv

^^^^ WOW, thanks for sharing.

curbspeed likes this.
  28. A few more...my wife has a side gig selling mid mod furniture we find in our travels.

Attached Files:

29. Some more..kitchen pre back splash and a close up of finished product

Attached Files: