Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures CANDY CLARK'S "AMERICAN GRAFFITI STORY"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, May 31, 2018.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

lothiandon1940 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  2. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

3. tofords

tofords

Candy and my rdstr. IMG_4541.jpg IMG_2907.JPG

4. 6sally6

6sally6

Funny..........the write up about the film...and the list of actors....did NOT mention Harrison Ford! I think this was his first part in a pretty big film.
    From someone who lived the 50's/60's.....this pic captures the era and attitude to a tee!!
    Sure was a lot of fun!!!!
    6sally6

5. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

6. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

lothiandon1940...I sure do miss the Wolfman too...he was a good friend.

Roger O'Dell...thanks so much for posting that, I know you've seen her many times. She's always just so nice.

Mr48Chev...thanks for that Info. Wish I could get to that Portland Show...always heard it's really great !

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

7. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

no55mad...

That's gotta be a great "keeper" for your buddy ! Candy is always approachable; always ready to talk about anything to do with A. G. ! You can tell by the tone of her voice and her memories, just how important that film has always been to her: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage116.html

Thanks for sharing that with us no55mad...

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

8. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Here's an Old Faro (me) and Candy a few years ago at Graffiti Week in Modesto Ca.

IMG_0147 (1).JPG

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Sheep Dip...Good shot of you & Candy...Modesto is a great area !
    Thanks for this !
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

10. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

6sally6...Very true ! That time-frame was phenominal for every Crusin' Town all across America ! And, California & American Graffiti, helped set the pace !
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage116.html

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  11. chubbie

chubbie

.Bo Hopkins.. was a total DICK!!! what an arrogant ass he was. I walked away and let his poster lay.
    Paul Le Mat was great every time I saw him.

12. wvenfield

wvenfield

I was at a show and Paul Le Mat was there. He's signing autographs and this guy says "Boy, I wish you would do a movie like A.G. again".

Without looking up and in a perfect dead pan effort Le Mat says "Yeah, me too".

13. ................Though I never had the pleasure of meeting the Wolfman in person, I did get to speak with him on the phone on two occasions. In 1994, shortly before his untimely passing in July of 1995, he had been doing a live show on Friday evenings from WXTR (104.1 FM) in Washington, D.C. I was fortunate to get through to him on two occasions and make requests, which he was happy to play for me. He played "Let it be me" by Jerry Butler and "This old heart of mine" by the Isley Brothers the next time. It was a thrill for me to actually get to talk with him, even briefly. We miss you and love you Wolfman. 0413125_5.jpeg 06052018_0003.jpg

14. My cousin bought me a copy of "Have Mercy", Confessions of the Original Rock and Roll Animal and presented it to me in July of 1995 shortly after the Wolfman passed. I treasure it. 06052018_0001.jpg 06052018_0002.jpg

15. A dear friend just happened to be at an appearance that the Wolfman did, and knowing how much I appreciated him, waited in line to get me this autographed picture. Another item that I treasure.......................Thanks, Tom, your pal, Don.:) 06052018.jpg

16. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

... A little more of Candy Clark
    Amer Graf Candy Clark 034b2b 600p.jpg AmerGrafCandy bit030bCopy700p .jpg

17. redidbull

redidbull
    from Ct

I met here at the Syracuse show a couple years back. She was tucked in a corner and I nearly missed her. I still watch AG often. My favorite part of the movie is the quick street race. Fell in love with 32s after that. Jim

18. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

19. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

20. no55mad

no55mad

Had a good conversation with Bo at the 2018 West Coast Kustom show in Santa Maria. He was quite cordial but kind of a quiet, reserved guy. He is a Korean War veteran.

Ric Dean and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  21. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Not a Korean War Veteran he was born in 42, he served with the 101st Airborne in Korea.

22. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Jim...Good story ! Glad you got to her area...that Syracuse show is a super-event ! Would love to get to that one...D'Agostino tells me it's one of his favorites.

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

23. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

lothiandon1940...
    What a great group of memories & memorabilia you have of the "Wolfman"! He & I had talked about doing another Interview about his autobiography, but we weren't able to set-up a solid time-frame. Then it was too late. That's why I set-up my Tribute page for him, to honor the great pro & friend he was.

Candy blew-me-away when she mentioned him in the Interview, after we closed it out I explained to her his & my connection...and how I too still miss him. An Icon in the truest sense of the word. http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage116.html

Thanks again, Don.

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

24. Gman0046

Gman0046

The 1962 AG depiction was what I call the hey day of hot rodding. AG was not a myth. The movie replicated street racing and cruising that occurred in cities all across the country. Never realized that we weren't the only ones throwing a pressed ham. I feel sorry for those who never got to experience the fun we all had in that time frame. I still treasure my autographed picture by Paul Lemat and the AG 32.

Gary

25. philo426

philo426

The white 63 with the painted rims and dog dish hubcaps is cool!

Gman0046 likes this.
  26. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

wvenfield...
    Paul Le Mat, always a great guy with a wicked sense of humor ! Lots of fun !

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

27. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Gary...
    You're right on all counts ! As I've said many times before, Paul is a true "A.G." Icon...and always great in any film he was in. Candy, is the same: gave a cool presence to whatever role she took on. http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage116.html

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

28. redidbull

redidbull
    from Ct

We were there for 2 days and still didn't see it all. The swap meet area will probably take you a full day alone. I hope to go back maybe next year. Jim

29. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

… I agree with you but you’ll never top the 1st one, you could cruise the Full Fair Grounds all 3 days. And the bonus was on the closing Sunday while cars where exiting the Main Gate all day long the Law the 'New York State Troupers' were allowing cars turning right to line up and Drag to the next Traffic Light and every guy knew how to handle their car. The Troopers were really getting into it and helped in the lineup while thousands of folks in lawn chairs along the Road and up on the Overhead Walkway Bridge viewed it all. I gostta say it was the most beatifull thing I've seen since Woodstock. Now you can’t even exit from that Gate any more, but that’s another story.
    keep the porch light on for me,:cool: later Ric