Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 31 Model A Victoria Build w/Pics – Miss Vicky

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D-Russ, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Pretty sure she's bipolar...and HOT!

2. crusty&rusty

crusty&rusty

Yup that’s bitchin!

D-Russ likes this.
  3. Good picture of your car.

D-Russ likes this.
  4. catdad49

catdad49

Good girl, One Bad!

D-Russ and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. It's funny you say that because since I've been exploring the "Slutty Miss Vicky" concept, I've been referring to the whitewalls and Merc caps version as "Debutante Miss Vicky".

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. catdad49

catdad49

Spell check or a senior moment got me. It was supposed to Be....Good girl, Gone Bad!

7. Looks great Dave! I just had some slicks mounted on my old Raders yesterday for the BB! Race????:)

Bowtie Coupe and D-Russ like this.
  8. View attachment 3923380
    Hi Mike, long time, no talk (or type I guess). Are we pals on Instagram?
    So the Bachelor Button is gonna wear some slicks? Nice!
    And as for your challenge, YES, ABSOLUTELY!
    Realistically though, I don't know if we'll ever get together to do it. But if we do, I want some high quality video – in-car, from behind the starting line looking at the tree, from the stands, and at the traps. Is there a good drag strip between Virginia and Kansas? I don't even care who wins, it would be epic! :)
    IMG_4230.JPG

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  9. We are pals both on and off IG I thought?!
    Anyway would be fun to get them together sometime! Never say never?!

How tall are those slicks anyway??

D-Russ and Speedy Canuck like this.
  10. Yes, on and off IG, but I don't remember your handle.
    The slicks are 29-1/2 to 30 inches tall.

11. Ummmm,"Cactus1" on IG too, ha!
    Those slicks are the same size as mine. Cool.

D-Russ likes this.
  12. AHotRod

AHotRod

Altered Race look will be bare painted (black or white) steelies all around OR with Moon covers, both were done.

I've been into that era of street Hot Rods that ran at the Drag strip on the weekend, and all of the fenderless cars were in the Altered Class.

Example:
    22089612_1966911790252275_8282862073945394145_n.jpg

13. Thanks for the input Glenn. Yeah, I've pretty much changed my mind on the Halibrands because I just haven't found any evidence that folks ran them on dual purpose cars in the late 50s. The steelies will be a lot cheaper anyway.

Bowtie Coupe and AHotRod like this.
  14. I'm still weighing my options. I'm hesitating because I was trying to keep my car distinctly in a 58/59 time frame, and I haven't found any evidence that anyone ran mags on anything but dragsters then. All the pics I've found of street/strip cars from 58/59 just have steel wheels, or in some cases, moon discs. Mismatched wheels front to back was very common. But after giving it some more thought, who cares really? The story of my car could be that a kid built it in high school in 58/59, and in 61 he decided to take it racing, so he installed the pie crusts and the mags – I still really like that look. If I went with the small window Halibrands (aluminum repops) I'd probably paint them an oxidized magnesium gray color.

Slutty-Vicky-BW.png
    Slutty-Vicky-BWM.png
    Slutty-Vicky-WW.png
    Slutty-Vicky-WWM.png

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  15. The37Kid

The37Kid

You're going to wear out your lug nuts. :confused: Bob

16. Honestly, that first picture just does it for me.

17. You mean the one with the black walls and black wheels front and back, or the one with the small window Halibrands in front and black steelies in back?

loudbang likes this.
  18. The37Kid

The37Kid

My vote goes with the Halibrands in front black wheels & slicks out back. Bob[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  19. Blackwalls and black steelies. I think it just looks right. A beautiful build with a killer attitude. And no hubcaps gives it just enough edge. I don't know, it just speaks to me that way.

Personally, I've never been a fan of moon discs. I know they're period, just not to my taste. Course, this is all just my .02.

20. Lurking in the shadows, The Slut was out ... prowling around ... looking for a good time.

IMG_4412.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  21. Times 2!

chryslerfan55 and D-Russ like this.
  22. WWWs, front and rear would fit your time frame best, I believe. Using the slicks for when you want to look like you're goin' racin'.
    I haven't looked in on this build in a long time. I REALLY like how it's coming out, man. Definitely, a Hot Rod.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and D-Russ like this.
  23. how did the front tires buff up Dave? I still have 2 more sets of them that I want to do that too.

Just Gary and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like that story as Howling Wolf...Rumble
    filled the still air...with a vision of the Berardini Roadster flying by...no knuckles just cool Hotrods...​

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  25. They turned out great Jason! I got my technique down now. I did the inside and out on the fronts and the outside on the slicks. I'll sell the fronts back to you if you're interested – I'm thinkin' about going bias-ply black walls. I'll talk to you about it when I see you again. BTW, I have your Hop Up shirt.

26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mmmmm Bias Plys....;)

27. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I also really like the Halibrand front, black wheel/cheater slick rear look. Probably my favorite version of your car so far!

Stogy, Ron Funkhouser and D-Russ like this.
  28. Sweet!!!! I might just take you up on that! If you want to try it with bias plys before you buy some I have a set of Coker 5.60 15's that you could through on to see how it handles. Always heard horror stories of mixing Bias and radials, but man do the bias look right with those slicks!

29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Slutty-Vicky-WW.png

Since we're opinioning I'm gonna side with @Chili Phil and go with www frnt with blackwall slicks and steelies all around, capless. That screams the period your aiming for and even though Vickie's nasty she wears white very well...

I just got a chuckle with your pic title...:D