Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Todays Auction Result

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mr.chevrolet, Jun 2, 2018.

1. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

based on 2 pictures advertising a Model A at auction, I drove on down hoping to snag another A cheap. at first glance, I thought, Man, this is a piece of shit. a little bit more looking confirmed it. I quit bidding at $800. it sold for $2000. it did have a roadster title, that's what I really wanted . yep, thats a 32 frame too. the pics make it look better than it was, I guess i'm just a good photographer.

Attached Files:

34 GAZ and Stogy like this.
  2. I think you were right. The title must be worth a lot of money. Does the title work, being a coupe, not a roadster?

3. Squablow

Squablow

Around here someone would ask $2K just for that body, without a title and without a '32 frame underneath. Not sure how hacked up that '32 frame is but if it's even close to saveable, I think that was a fair deal. The body has both doors and a trunklid, that's better than most of the ones I find.

Clay Belt and Hot Rods Ta Hell like this.
  4. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are those rust holes in the 32 frame?

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was an Ole Jalopy and saw some active duty...surely bringing a clunky Hotrod smile to one many moons ago...thanks @mr.chevrolet for sharing those pics...any more interesting visuals?

6. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

they also had a 36 Olds 2-dr slantback, very solid, with a good title. a friend bought it. 20180602_084005.jpg i only got this one pic. it was a racoon hotel some quite a long time.

chevy57dude likes this.
  7. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Go back and take another pic.....

Great saving your wallet from being hurt, though!

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. pitman

pitman

1/4 elliptic rear springs! Might be the camera lens, but the rt. side looks sectioned...at the bottom!

9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I agree with Squablow, the body alone here would have easily brought 2k. Even parted out. Folks are asking $500-$1000 for coupe roofs. Add up the cowl, pair of doors, deck lid...

The bidder may have been after the clear title and has a Roadster body (Brookville?) waiting. He can sell off the Coupe body and frame and walk away with the clear title and maybe even net some cash.

32 frame looks rough. There's a straight splice at the rear kickup (shortened or at least modified frame?) and another splice or repair at the firewall.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'll just never understand the title fascination, glad I live in Connecticut. That would part out at a profit, if you had the time. Wonder if it was cut into a pickup and that rear clip is from another body? Bob

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  11. wvenfield

wvenfield

That there is some high quality metal work.

pitman likes this.