Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Things you walk by every day that SHOULD get worked on.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, May 30, 2018.

1. yeah Danny.Pa Kettle is not the only thing they never heard of either....LOL

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a Jaguar like the one shown. They have the unique ability to be completely rusted out and still look decent. I'll bet they have fooled a lot of people over the years.

CowboyTed likes this.
  3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I got a two door version of that Jaguar with a V12 for $200.00 worth of basement painting time. Had an English guy call about it and he came over to look at it. He reached under it up to his arm pit and said, Nope! Fastest inspection I'd seen in my life. I did sell the independent rear for $200.00, bnut had the buyer take the rest of the car with it. :confused: Bob

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

why would you put 'that' engine in a Ford?

5. Latigo

Latigo

There's a saying, "It's not the destination, it's the journey."
    I have lot's of projects going at once because I enjoy them and like the variety. Only two car projects, however. No deadlines to finish anything. Drives my wife crazy. Of course, being retired helps.
    "Sometimes I sits and thinks. Sometimes I just sits."

The37Kid and bryanyeskie like this.
  6. bryanyeskie

bryanyeskie
    from Hixton

I want to work on my merc but then I gotta tell myself to go to work so I can actually buy parts. Insert eye roll

I do know of 2 other projects one is a 53 ford truck that hasnt been touched in 20 years.
    The other is a 56/57 Chevy truck ready to be put together painted nice all the right stuff in the right places but won't get assembled owner has no ambition to do it. Neither will sell neither will complete them so damn sad.

Boatmark likes this.
  7. EVERY TIME I bump into stuff trying to find the light switch in the dark, I PROMISE myself to install one just inside the door. EVERY TIME. Don't know what happens.

Ben

czuch and The37Kid like this.
  8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I've been walking by my Lincoln every day for a couple of years now. It does get an hour or two every month, just not as much time as I'd like to spend on it. Got time,no extra money or parts, got parts, no time to put them on. Been having to fabricate linkage and stuff lately, and it takes time to find just the right piece of scrap to cut into my vision. I'm only 59, but being in the truck 5.5 days a week and having to keep an eye on the overactive 5 year old Grandson when I am at home severely limits my free time. And that doesn't include grass cutting, bush hogging, and other honey do things.

It'll all get done, later than sooner.......

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

I use a flashlight to connect the extension cord to the lights, switch is really hi tech.:rolleyes: Bob

czuch, firstinsteele and tb33anda3rd like this.
  10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Close, really close, I found my '30 Roadster body in 1962 when I was 11 years old, I'm 67 now so that build is 56 years old. Bob

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  11. jazz1

jazz1

I have to do something with that fender and door some day. fullsizeoutput_4c5.jpeg This building is where I hoard parts.

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Most people see something they should work on every time they look into or walk by a mirror :D

SR100 and NashRodMan like this.
  13. DFH-GMC

DFH-GMC
    from Texas

IMG_0741.JPG

With retirement in sight it will finally get the attention it needs

14. Bob I was trying to remember how many cars I have built since 62.o_O I am all caught up.:cool: Just Do It! Seriously after my knee operation last year I let things go. I have caught up and it feels great. If I have something that needs to be done, then it must get done. Yes I am a sick puppy.:rolleyes: It takes longer now that I am in my 70's and everything hurts.:( So when I go down I hope it is fast.:p Hot Rods To Hell!!!!

F&J, tb33anda3rd and j-jock like this.
  15. Dang!
    I forgot about my mercury.

I’m depressed now

16. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

If I don't get around to working on that hood by Sunday, stashing it in the attic over the garage would cure the walking by it every day problem. :rolleyes: Bob

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    F&J and ct1932ford like this.
  18. paintman27

paintman27
    from new jersey

Been walking past my wife's fat ass for 20 years. Not much i can do with it now I guess........

F&J and chopnchaneled like this.
  19. Oh ya, that right rear tire needs air in it but it doesn't steer, so, next week we'll air it up or at least kick it to see if it got worse. Walk on by!

The37Kid likes this.
  20. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Nice parking brake. :confused:

DFH-GMC likes this.
  21. Jesse Bailey

Jesse Bailey

My whole garage, including the garage itself lol.

20170811_231152_HDR.jpg