Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 6/71 blower

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vega1, Dec 16, 2017.

1. vega1

vega1

Ok so this is what I do I clean case real good then I use alumablast from Eastwood then I clear it so I can wipe it off I use urethane clear and flatting agent the snout I just scotch bright I like the contrast one looks bead blasted one looks satin

Sent from my Pixel 2 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  2. crf500

crf500

Where did the snout come from? Bds ?

3. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

IMG_5255.JPG
    The company I work for gave me these 6-71 blowers. One is a 6v-71 though.
    They scrapped one of the boats and these were spares in one of the cabinets.
    Will do something with them eventually. But for now, they will look cool displayed in the shop.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  4. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I have a old dyers intake for a fe ford that you need to put under that 6v-71 lol

loudbang and Early Ironman like this.
  5. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Cool!
    Would love to see the intake. I don’t have an FE engine. But my brother in law has one he may be using in his 33 Ford 5 window. This 6v-71 blower may end up on that if the price is right.
    Personally I wouldn’t mind putting it on the 350 in my 41. If I came across an intake for it. The adapter plates on a standard 6L-71 intake are butt ass ugly!
    But I think the blowers themselves are pretty cool looking. Smaller overall than a regular 6-71 blower as well
    With a couple efi throttle bodies under old school mushroom air cleaners on an intake for it. It should all fit under the hood. Which would be very streetable.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    loudbang likes this.
  6. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I'll take a pic and post it tonight when I get home dyers done a lot of the v series intakes back in the early 80's at least that's as far back as I remember them around here there were lots of fords with them on there most chevys had the standard 6-71

loudbang and Early Ironman like this.