Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curbspeed Coupe. "Holy Hell" 10/4/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Dec 19, 2010.

1. seatex

seatex

Great to see it all coming to fruition. Then following your bill for a long time now Dale. Is half as nice as your pick up it's gonna be badd to the bone. Hope you can make it out the loan store round up with it next year so we can put some drool marks on it!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. seatex

seatex

Also, just looking at that red devil grill perhaps you should paint a white devils head on it in a pattern similar to the shift knob in the insert , would that make a statement or what? Diabolique!

chryslerfan55, brEad and loudbang like this.
  3. Nice thought Seatex, but you have to know when to say,less is more. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve though.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and 509garyd like this.
  4. saltracer219

saltracer219

Looks great Dale, by the way I really like the painted grille!

5. seatex

seatex

I'm sure you do, you Seaholmes r a crafty bunch!

chryslerfan55, loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  6. Thanks Gary, I appreciate you kind words. Hope to see you at Bonneville. Maybe not this year but next for sure.

chryslerfan55, ls1yj and loudbang like this.
  7. I still love it! It's much nicer and well thought out than my weak attempt. It shows you've been at this before. Not your first rodeo fo sho!

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  8. Don't cut yourself short Rocky. You can do it. Just keep pushing. This build thread is 8 years old. I'm slow as hell but I keep pushing to live the dream. And yes this is my first attempt at a fully finished car. I just try to do my best at whatever I attempt to do. All it takes is a lil' willpower and some vision

9. Love this build!

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  10. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

The flames RULE. I think whats even cooler is that this thread has been going on so long... (not sure how I missed it???) nice slow and steady. It gives me confidence that I need to just stick in there and keep marching forward. Awesome build man-
    Tuck

chryslerfan55, curbspeed and ls1yj like this.
  11. heavydumper

heavydumper

I'm a little late to this party...

I've been following updates on FB. However, this thread is much more comprehensive. I understand the build and can appreciate all the details better after reading it.

Nice work Dale!

-Carl

chryslerfan55, loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  12. Tonights update. Decklid installed and license plate bracket and light. Trunk latches too. Lots of vents!!!! IMG_1194.JPG IMG_1193.JPG IMG_1192.JPG IMG_1190.JPG IMG_1188.JPG

13. catdad49

catdad49

What a Hellacious Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man this Hotrod is knocking it out of the park so far the the ball will never ever be found...the whole State of Washington will hear @curbspeed's howl of joy the day that hits the pavement...

chryslerfan55, loudbang and ls1yj like this.
  15. Well maybe some will howl but I live in Tucson these days. We mainly moan and groan here. It's a dry heat.

loudbang, Tim, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  16. Finally found and Eelco foot insert for my Eelco Contour shift handle. I have been looking for a while. Mildly stoked! Right here in the classified section even. Score! IMG_1195.JPG

17. That shifter & insert are very cool!

18. I'm a big fan of the old Eelco stuff. Not the new stuff so much.

chryslerfan55, 509garyd and loudbang like this.
  19. touring20

touring20

Wicked coupe ! Be carful , ( you could get a ticket for doing 180mph parked ) !

loudbang likes this.
  20. That the whole idea behind having "curbspeed" Did a few things today. Installed Pitman arm and 34 draglink. Mounted the cowl vent and seal and put my rear crossmember/tool box in. Still need to put trunk catch and knobs for lifting the lid on the enclosure. Those are vintage Eelco spring latches on the box. IMG_1213.JPG IMG_1202.JPG IMG_1200.JPG

mgtstumpy, kiwijeff, catdad49 and 8 others like this.
  21. Rob, I will. Not yet. Too busy doing other things. I might tomorrow though. It's on my list and I haven't for gotten about you. I looked at the pics you sent. Looks good.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  22. fleetside66

fleetside66

I got this one some time ago, but it's not quite the same as yours. I'm not sure if it's an original casting or someone's back yard repop. Either way, it is a very comfortable shifter. He reminds me a little of Vincent Price. BTW, love the unusual flame job. I see the gauge hole ignition plate you got from me years ago...now I need one...ha-ha. And that S/W Wings clock...the holy freakin' grail!
    P1013702.jpg IMG_1799.JPG

mgtstumpy, kiwijeff, catdad49 and 8 others like this.
  23. Today's update. Headlight bar and Arrow headlights mounted. Cal Custom axles covers retrofitted. I could not find 5 on 5 1/2 so I adapted this pair. Thanks Rob. 32 V-8 emblem added. Electo-lite high beam indicators are added to the top of the Arrows. Rare pieces. IMG_1233.JPG IMG_1232.JPG IMG_1230.JPG IMG_1230.JPG IMG_1228.JPG IMG_1227.JPG IMG_1225.JPG IMG_1224.JPG IMG_1223.JPG

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  24. This car gets better with each update!

loudbang, ls1yj, D-Russ and 1 other person like this.
  25. Very nice - I like those high beam indicators!

chryslerfan55, curbspeed and ls1yj like this.
  26. bonesy

bonesy

I just can't get enough of this.

White drums = YES!!!!

ls1yj likes this.
  27. Not sure they will stay white with the heat but it's worth a try.

chryslerfan55 and brEad like this.
  28. Cut and buffed the flames a bit. Still have some touch up to do. I burned through badly in one place on the pass. door so I will have to spot that in. It sucks. Added door handles and filled the lock cylinder with a vintage dash light. It will light when the headlights are on. It fit the hole perfectly so what are you going to do. I will probably get some original door handles and a lock later if I can find a good set. Added antenna too. It is Ford but not sure what year. I want a radio in this thing. It looks right from the side as it follows the rake of the windshield. IMG_1238.JPG IMG_1236.JPG IMG_1235.JPG

29. This mornings progress. I still need to find my fourth hose clamp. Why does stuff disappear when you need it. IMG_1241.JPG IMG_1240.JPG when

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  30. Bad ass

loudbang likes this.