Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Kustom dashboard pics

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by NeonGodzilla, May 20, 2018.

1. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

3. Thanks @Sancho! Had the help of a very talented friend in pulling off the upholstery, and a few other talented friends help with the paint work and the 'striping.
    Sitting in there makes for many happy miles cruising along..........E

drdave and Sancho like this.
  4. Mark, I can see by the shadow that the steering wheel in the Dream Rod is symmetrical (4 spokes, one from each corner). But the angle of that photo makes it look like it only has spokes on the passenger side.

drdave, Moriarity and OG lil E like this.
  5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

true... That steering wheel was just one of the many missing parts that I had to re create. It is made of elect conduit on the outer part and the spokes are the same oval tubing that the nerf bars are made of. Making all those missing parts was really the most fun part of that restoration

brEad, gonmad, BigO and 6 others like this.
  6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Ed, The McPhail Sucks pin has been on the dash for a while. Dennis gave me one and I didn't want to loose it so I put it where I can find it. Lol! Yes I'm getting old...... This is a kool thread, I believe (if you drive them) the dash is one of the most important part of a kustom. The dash should help entertain you on road trips...... The chrome louvers and the Mercury under dash A/C unit has been added recently. The louvers help kool down the dash.

drdave, Moriarity, OG lil E and 2 others like this.
  7. Epy

Epy

8. Duuuuuuuude!! Why is this car not out on the street??

'Mo, brEad, Moriarity and 1 other person like this.
  9. I know Doc, I know. I get grief from everybody around here since it has been sitting so long.
    It developed some brake problems and I went through the brakes. Bought a new master cylinder and had the booster rebuilt, and bled the brakes at least a half a dozen times and it still wouldn't stop. Got mad and parked it. I'll get it on the road one of these days.
    Maybe you remember seeing it at the 20th in Wichita. I also drove it to Salina in '05 and '06. Man that was a long time ago..........

miss kitty.jpg

kkoa246.jpg

Sorry @NeonGodzilla, didn't mean to get off track on your thread. Back to regularly scheduled programming. E

'Mo, straykatkustoms, brEad and 6 others like this.
  10. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is your Buick!! Wow I was wondering who owned the Buick. I fell in love with it at the 20th and it was kool to see it again in Salina. The scallopes are Purrfect. Sorry, now to we need to return our regular schedule program.. very kool Dash Ed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

drdave and Sancho like this.
  11. Thanks, Mick! The scallops were laid out by my late friend Charlie a.k.a. "Mr. Gasser". He loved Larry Watson and most of his paint work reflected that.
    We are working on my friend Mitch's un-HAMB friendly Buick Roadmaster that we are building as a tribute car to Charlie. It will have wild scallops similar to a '64 Chrysler Charlie had way back in the early 90s. Charlie was way ahead of the curve back then. His Chrysler had miles of bubble gum pink scallops over a primered ruddy brown body. People used to snicker at it because it was in primer, but we all loved it. Now you see suede with scallops or a lower body with patina and wild painted tops all over the place. He really was a visionary. I miss him everyday..........E

brEad, drdave, Sancho and 1 other person like this.
  12. KFC

KFC
    from UK

13. I have been searching for my lost pictures of Charlie's Chrysler forever and I can't find them. I think they might have ended up in my Mom's big box of pictures in Pueblo. Hopefully they will turn up someday.
    'Til then, I thought I'd include a few pictures of his old Ranchereos.
    Here's his '59 in suede at the 20th:

charlies 59 ranch a.jpg

A few months after the 20th, he decided to put a scallop and flame job on it. He didn't have it for long after that as a guy from Detroit had to have it. I have just one picture of it taken by the new owner who immediately got rid of the hubcaps. It's a strange file that I can't get to post. If someone wants me to send it to them maybe they know how to post it.
    After the '59 he ended up with a '57 Ranch that went all over including to Paso Robles and Davenport, Iowa for the "Flying Eyeball Reunion".

Charlie's '57 at F.E.R. 2004 a.jpg

Charlie's '57 at the F.E.R 2004 b.jpg

Charlie always hated having his picture taken, so I don't have many of him. If I'd point the camera at him he threaten to kick my ass if I took his picture so I'd put the camera down. Charlie was a big dude and I didn't want no part of that (lol)!
    I did manage to sneak a picture of him cleaning his windshield at the "Flying Eyeball Reunion". In the background you can see my Buick, and fellow Metalflake Misfit @PasoJohn's not as wild as now '64 Chebby wagon. It is one of my favorite pictures of Charlie and his cars. E

Charlie and Ranch at F.E.R. 2004.jpg

NeonGodzilla, drdave and Sancho like this.
  14. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

In my Shoebox.. 51 New Pics 005.jpg

NeonGodzilla and drdave like this.
  15. NeonGodzilla

NeonGodzilla

My Dad did a little work on the Pontiac IMG_20180623_191508.jpg

straykatkustoms and drdave like this.
  16. grifcarnut

grifcarnut
    from Tucson Az

17. grifcarnut

grifcarnut
    from Tucson Az

oops! Red one is my '36 delivery, the green one is my '37 Phake Phaeton.

18. wicarnut

wicarnut

19. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Almost got my Impala's dash...

11075147_1449119768713112_7741670008052168075_n.jpg

gonmad, OG lil E and NeonGodzilla like this.
  20. HiHelix

HiHelix

All together now in jail house harmony please......I don't care if it rains or freezes... as long as I got my plastic Jesus... sittin' on the dash board of my truck....doin' 80 it ain't scary long as I got my virgin Mary sittin' on the dash board of my truck.... Cool Hand Luke

21. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

22. 'Mo

'Mo

There is certainly no a no more famous dash than that of Joe Bailon's "Miss Elegance".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The story goes, some of Joe's friends spotted "Miss Elegance" at a wrecking yard, and were able to pull the dash before the car was crushed. It was later presented to him, for use in thhe under-construction "M.E II".
    "I cried from head to foot!", was Joe's reaction.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  23. 'Mo

'Mo

24. AChopped1950ford

AChopped1950ford

25. AChopped1950ford

AChopped1950ford

26. AChopped1950ford

AChopped1950ford

27. AChopped1950ford

AChopped1950ford

28. AChopped1950ford