Register now to get rid of these ads!

OKAY, Explain Your Avatar!.................

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cargo, Jan 27, 2012.

1. LBCD

LBCD

* Took this pic around a month ago, in front of the entrance to the Sky Room which is at the top of The Breakers Hotel Long Beach. It was built in 1925 and the hotel is going through a new renovation right now, it is part owned by a friend of mine. Had our wedding reception there in 92.

2. 7 yr old daughter took this picture of her SB pillow, seemed appropriate based upon:

1.my foolish eternal optimism
    2.block shaped head

3. Gman0046

Gman0046

IMG_0642.JPG Recent nut & bolt frame off restoration. Its for sale on HAMB Classifieds.

chryslerfan55, 41 coupe and Deuces like this.
  4. this was a bunch of left over junk I had laying around
    took it to school and the students and I threw this mock up together
    kinda looks ok
    29 Pontiac cowl, stude flat 6, 36 axle/bones and an Avery tractor grill

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  5. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Nothing to explain. New York Rangers fan until I'm dead and cold. Still love getting on the ice myself every once in a while. Lots of car guys aren't sports fans but I love the game of hockey, looking forward to the Stanley Cup Finals next week.

6. pitman

pitman

First complete build. '31 coupe 2 x 4 rect tube frame, IRS & IFS, drove it to Memphis '71, Detroit in '72.
    100k miles in 18 years.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  7. LBCD

LBCD

die hard Hockey fan here too, coached for 10 years! note the plaque on my front bumper :D, looking forward to seeing the Great Eight hoist the cup! Go Caps! thumbnail.jpeg

8. oj

oj

I think I did this before, but my avatar is my '67Nova, tube chassis that I ran as B/Altered in Comp Eliminator. I have redone it to run the 'Pro Stick' class where you got to have a clutch.
    Its a 406" SBC, alcohol injection making near 900hp. Not the most complimentory pic, it a working shop. DSC00531.JPG

9. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

small avitar.jpg
    The above was my avatar until I became inspired by other folks on this thread making tribute to their dad. Here's my dad in from of his 51 merc woody. He always had a project and oftentimes they were cars. He easily convinced me to buy my first car that was nonstandard for my age. Not a hot rod, but an old prewar car. The significant point being that the car did not run when I got it. The next several were bought as non runners. One was taken home in several boxes, when I got the body out of the ice that had frozen around the chassis, I towed it home and installed the engine to make a daily driver. This truck (above) runs and I have a spare fully rebuilt flathead for it as well as any other part that I can collect and is in better shape than what's on the truck. I'm not painting it, but running it.

Dad is in his 80's now and not working any projects. He gave me and my brother all of his tools. Some of these tools I held in my hand 50 years ago and he held in his hand 70 years ago. Thanks dad!

alanp561, pitman, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  10. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Saw it setting in a field in Louisville, Ky. found my way to it, and took some pictures of it. When I got back to my truck the owner of the field was waiting for me by my truck. He said "your on private property", I apologized to him and said I had just stopped to take a picture of the old rusty body. He said he would sell it to me for $1,000. I told him I had a picture of it, and that was all I wanted. Just thought it made a great photo.

Deuces, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. "It's me, it's me, it's Ernest T. (Bass)". Just me BigO

12. 1pickup

1pickup

My '59 Fender Esquire. It has one pickup. Kinda explains 2 things, don't it?

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

14. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

If ya have to ask, ya wouldn't get it.

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. cad-lasalle

cad-lasalle
    from grafton nh

I was just telling someone about you building that whole car out in the barn with only very basic tools, hacksaw and chisels etc. I even have pictures of the build in progress on the wall in my shop. First Corvette rear end installation I'd ever seen. 100,000 miles ! My hat's off to you.

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. The37Kid

The37Kid

If I ever make any noticeable progress I may change the one of my Steelback, but find that I loose track of people if they update the Avatar. o_OBob

17. McClutchski

McClutchski

I'm a male, last time I checked.

Stogy, Deuces and Duellym like this.
  18. Duellym

Duellym

its the best picture i have of my truck for the time being.

19. clem

clem

20. I’ll put it this way, when I was 15 years old my father asked me what kind of hot rod i wanted, i told him a’56 Ford F-100. The rest is history. IMG_0190.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. I make those Flathead Blower intakes P1090100.JPG

22. Deuces

Deuces

Nice truck..... ;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  23. Red Forman is my spirit animal. :mad::D

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  24. Deuces likes this.
  25. pitman

pitman

"Many thanks Cuz! This, from a roundy-round champ no less!"

26. larry k

larry k

a picture of me in my early hot rodding years , after my tour in the army ! Nothing mattered then but fast cars,grass,and ass.

27. cad-lasalle

cad-lasalle
    from grafton nh

My avatar was originally hot rodded in 1951, 49 Cadillac engine, etc. It's pretty much the same now as then. I don't run much any more.

pitman and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  28. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Me and my 37 Dodge coupe about 1960/1961, if I recall correctly. I was age 15. The coupe had a Cadillac engine, Olds Hydro transmission and a Ford rear-end. I'd like to say that I built it, but I bought it like this.

A neighborhood buddy shot the picture; the only photo I have of any of my first cars. I wish that I had the common sense back then to have shot photos of all my early cars.

26 T Ford RPU and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. doug j

doug j

30. j hansen

j hansen

It`s my car! Skärmavbild 2018-05-27 kl. 19.23.51.png

pitman, Sky Six, Stogy and 2 others like this.