Register now to get rid of these ads!

Issue with Patricks Antique Car Parts, anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1927 Death Trap, Jan 15, 2012.

1. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Patricks antique car parts in Az cam highly recommended by many on here for my IL6 build, but almost half my order still hasn't arrived and I placed in in July. They keep telling me it's issues with the foundry but items that can't be coming from there like the throttle linkage and air cleaners still haven't shown up. My motor is done waiting for the intake, valve cover, side plate, carb likage and air cleaners. Has anyone else experienced such a delay in the past. I'm certainly not saying they are a bad company to work with, he was very helpful in getting my into the right set up for my car, I just want to finish it and have no idea how long I might have to wait. Thanks

2. My guess would be they don't want to ship you a separate package every time something comes in. They probably assume that without the intake, and you said this was a foundry issue, you won't have much use for the linkage and air cleaners. We all need to remember that we are a tiny industry and stuff can take time. I would guess that the foundry does stuff like this as a side from their regular stuff and fit in when they can.

3. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Could be, but I have ordered several different times and they send the stuff out very fast. I'm just concerned that they need to have a certain amount of parts ordered before the foundry will make the part, and I'll be stuck waiting until then.

4. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Why don't you ask for a refund and take your business elsewhere? I would think that any reputable company wouldn't have a problem with that after a 6 month wait....

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best to talk with them about it.

6. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

I thought abut that, but I can't find the parts anywhere else. I want everything to match and he is the only one who sells the Wayne finned aluminum stuff. I thought about Offenhouser because I have a valve cover already, but can't find the side cover anywhere. If you know of someone else that sells WAYNE stuff or can find a Offey side cover please let me know.

7. Ole don

Ole don

Patrick has been very good with me, but I ordered well in advance of needing the parts. I thought the service outstanding.

8. slammed

slammed

Talk to someone from PATRICKS. Tell them how you truly feel about the the last 6 months. What do you want from this thread? How would you have delt with them without the HAMB?

9. 8-Track

8-Track

I have done business with them several times, they are stand up guys and have been doing this a long time. Call them and talk to them.

10. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

The greatest prayer is patience.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I can tell you from experiance that Patrick's is a small business that opporates at the mercy of places like foundries, just like lots of other low volume hot rod businesses. I can also tell you from very personal experience that Patrick himself is one of the greatest guys in this buisiness and will not "screw" you in any way shape or form. I would suggest that you give him a call in the next day or so, (remember tomorrow is a holiday) and if you absolutely can't wait I'm sure he will accomodate you. Knowing the quality of the stuff he puts out, I would say the wait will be justified.

A super quick story about dealing with Patrick... A couple of years ago I was converting a customers '51 Chrysler to 12v with a chevy alternator. The easy way to do that is with an early Chevy generator pulley to go to the 5/8" belt. I couldn't find one up here in town, so I called Patrick as a last resort, only because he is a one way 70 mile drive for me. Not only did he have a good used one in stock, before I could ask how much, He said "give me your adress and I'll send it up to ya" How much for part and shipping? "I've got tons of 'em, and you've made the drive down here to get stuff before, don't worry about it!".... Showed up the next day! That's the kind of guy your dealing with! All will be well...

12. kevin mac

kevin mac
    from toledo,oh

patience, hard to do when itching to put together with $ out there, but where else you gonna get it?????kev we feel your pain bro.......

13. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

I was hoping to get exactly what some people have answered, sharing their experience. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had to wait as long as I for parts. I agree the guy is stand up and very nice to work with, I'm just a little frustrated with this long of a wait for something I have been told will "be in next week" several times now.

14. flyingpiston53

flyingpiston53
    from bristol ri

I bought a Wayne set from them a couple of years ago and I waited almost a year for it same problem it was the foundry great company and people to deal with but the wait was ridiculous I ordered it in advance so luckily it wasn't a problem but I know how frustrating it is

15. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The truth is the best when it comes to delays in delivering parts. Refunds after 30 days without written notice from seller and approval by buyer, in writing, are requirements of law in the mail order business.

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I don't know how to say this without belaboring the point, but I'll try. I know that allot of you guys have gotten into this stuff in the last 10 to 15 years since this industry has enjoyed the trappings of big business, such as lots of stock available for immediate shipping, and off shore manufacturing inexpensive enough to mass produce. I always get a bit of a chuckle when this type of thread comes up not because I'm evil, but because not to long ago, waiting for stuff was the norm... If it was available to purchase at all! It wasn't too long ago when everybody in this industry was at mercy of the foundry, or the specialty widget manufacterer that just didn't see the profit in doing a run of 25 valve covers instead of 25,000 folding chair pivots. Time lines get stretched, promises forgotten to the purchaser, (in this particular case Patrick) then other needed steps such as machine work and polish work stretch things further. I can say from being close into this side of this gig that small manufacturing sometimes sucks... But I can tell you that when the day comes that you can start shipping absolutely drop dead gorgous product out to those that have waited, well, that is a very satisfying day!

We do have to face that in the grand scheme of things, there are very few of us that really want or need six cylinder dress up or performance parts.(Or F100/Dakota truck crossmembers, or complete '40 coupe bodys, or '50 Chevy rear suspension kits, or...) Just the fact that they are available new is honestly a bit of a wonder in itself. I remember searching for a couple of years at swaps for a "cool" valve cover for a 235 about twenty years ago, before Patrick was reproducing them. Finally found a Wayne, and paid big dollars for the privledge of owning it.

I'm not really defending just Patrick on this deal, but all of the small specialty manufactures in this industry. It used to take a bunch of time to find all the bits and pieces to build that period correct car, and that is probably why nobody bothered to. Order stuff well in advance, wait the wait, and enjoy the fact that you CAN get it when it comes! Not what everybody wants to hear, but the reality of this gig.

17. second_floor_loft

second_floor_loft

A while back I ordered a stainless 2 in 2 out muffler they sell. Took a long time to get it, and truly the main beef I had was that they billed my card the day I ordered it. Got the part months later, but that piece is just perfect. The sad thing is it's under the truck and not out in the open for people to see. I'd order from them again, but as the above poster says.. Order well in advance, wait the wait.

Regards: Paul T

18. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Called them and talked to the man in person about an issue with my 8ba water pumps. More than helpful, went in the back and made some measurements for me, took all the time needed to answer my questions and offer suggestions even though he wasn't selling me anything. I'll buy from him anytime in the future. A real stand up guy. Just my .02

Tim

19. 117harv

117harv