Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Is this Model A a scam?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jpgraphics, May 12, 2018.

1. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Unfortunately this is another example of, "if you have to ask, it is". Keep looking, they're still out there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. rowdyauto

rowdyauto

I've also been seeing a lot of these ads and they always have email as the only contact method, never a phone number. I always bump them off if I see them but unfortunately they just keep coming back.

3. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

You can post ads on Craigslist in many different locations. Nothing wrong with that. You may also change the prices and/or descriptions for different locations. Nothing wrong with that. You can use the same photos in all your Craigslist ads. Nothing wrong with that. I have listed cars in lots of cities at the same time, sometimes changed the description or added/subtracted photos but usually not the price. You can also list the same vehicle on eBay at the same time for the same or different price, etc. Nothing wrong with that.

woodiemike and ClayMart like this.
  4. Duellym

Duellym

someone should make a sticky thread on how to tell craigslist scams like this, i see these threads all the time. Basically use common sense someone who has a custom car like that knows what its worth, they'd also post a lot more pictures and tell you what's been done to it..
    Scams like this pop up all the time and I personally find some of them hilarious that they think people will fall for them. Once i was looking at a 2nd gen Toyota truck that was supposedly for sale in my town, I live in Mass, the picture of the truck had palm trees in the background... I'm 100% sure there's no such trees in my town.

5. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I think these people are trying to get your phone number and email to sell to spammers. They run a bunch in my area always a too cheap model a with one picture. There is also a too cheap tractor variation as well. Surely there is boat ones and motorcycle ones as well, but i dont look at those.

6. Nope. But it should sure make you think twice before doing anything serious. :p

7. clem

clem

What’s your point ?

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sent a link to this thread to the guy who has it listed on Cars dot com who is also the same guy with it on Ebay. Checked his Ebay feedback and he appears to be a flipper with good feedback. I never heard back from him though.
    I did buy a boat off craigslist at what looked a way too low price but he seller and his sister had inherited it from their dad and after spending too much money on the motorhome they inherited they decided to just sell the boat for a low price and be done with it. I'm still scrubbing moss and bird poop from it after it sat for two years though.