Register now to get rid of these ads!

Miller & Ryan's Hunt For A Camper...

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Ryan, Apr 30, 2018.

1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Very Cool

2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Now you need a vintage Power Wagon that has been updated in the Running Gear dept to tow it wilh

tractorguy likes this.
  3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

IMG_1770.JPG

alfin32 and catdad49 like this.
  4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

For now, I'm gonna tow it with my new late model pickup... Miller and I are gonna do some serious camping this summer... and we are also gonna outfit it to be our event trailer for the HAMB Drags and what not. I'm super, super excited.

5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

You are welcome to come on our annual guy trip to Bowling Green for the Hot Rod Reunion.

6. Roothawg

Roothawg

Clippers are cool. It’s on my list...

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

My advice- farm out the polishing...trust me.

Ryan likes this.
  8. catdad49

catdad49

Great job Dad!

9. It's ironic how Millers desire for a vintage camper has also infected his dad,you & your son are going to have a great time together and make memory's that he will share with his children years from now.

I wanted the camping experience with my youngest granddaughter and searched high and low for the same model my grandparents had when they took me camping,a early Shasta was found and we have taken Veda on several camping trips.

I have enjoyed teaching her and watching as she has become more confident with new found skills HRP

109.JPG

catdad49 and williebill like this.
  10. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

We need a high-five smilie!

Trailer looks very nice, and I'm sure Miller will be an expert in no time. Congrats!:)

11. when i was younger i didn't consider it a campsite if a car could drive to it, let alone any type of camper. hiking in, with just a sleeping bag, and a fishing pole. now, i consider watching tv in the sun room, camping......

12. You my friend are not right! o_O HRP

VANDENPLAS and tb33anda3rd like this.
  13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

See...I prefer 'rustic' campgrounds. The type of place from which most ppl stay away. I don't need lectric or running water. I do take my tent, too but that's for colder weather.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah... I kind of hate the outdoors.

VANDENPLAS, Nostrebor and enloe like this.
  15. Camping: Is the art of getting closer to nature while getting farther away from the nearest cold beverage, hot shower and flush toilet.

Screw that-

I served my time sleeping in tents,rain and mud I am a lot older and a little wiser,our little Shasta serves us well. HRP

16. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

You will soon find the term "Glamper" as irritating as "Rat Rod".

flatheadpete and Rolleiflex like this.
  17. reminds me of a Jeff Goldblum quote, in one of my favorite movies "the big chill";
    zipping up, as he turns toward the camera.
    "that is what i love about the outdoors.......it's one big toilet"

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  18. vintage6t

vintage6t
    from CT

I think to prepare for your maiden voyage you should watch a few old movies about campers. Two good ones that come to mind are The Long Long Trailer with Lucy & Desi and Lost in America with Albert Brooks & Julie Hagerty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  19. I see you bought on already, I was going to add to stay with the aluminum frame ones.

20. too bad ya already got one
    here is a 50 footer
    I know where a 53 merc conv is to go with it
    new moon.jpg
    1954 New Moon "camper"
    Lucy can put a lot of rocks in this one

21. David Coleman

David Coleman

I just reached that age where I know I am going to die before I get to all my projects. I might be selling my 1976 Chevrolet Blazer Chalet. It is an Arizona vehicle, with just at 100K and a fresh 350" Target Master engine equipped with a Holley fuel injection. I have not had it out of my storage shed in a couple years, but I drove it in there. My lady just confessed that she struck its door with our Bobcat, but I haven't looked at the dent yet. I used it with myself and two little girls as I raised the girls on alternate weekends (after splitting with their mother). There is tons of info on line about Chevrolet Blazer Chalets if you want to read up. If someone wanted to buy it, I would need about $10K, and a week or so to dig it out, air the tires, buy new batteries (2) chang oil and such.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. David Coleman

David Coleman

Here is an Internet photo of the same color Blazer Chalet as mine. Some had a front bumper mounted spare tire, mine does not just like this photo doesn't.[​IMG]

23. David Coleman

David Coleman

Point of interest (at least to me) I have had three of these Blazer Chalets. Maryland weather, me driving them 400K miles, and the rust worms ate the first two of them. I have only put a couple thousand miles on the Arizona Chalet and most of that was coming from Arizona to NC. But, all the miles I drove the first two, I had to steer like crazy as they were terrible squirrely, and wandered from one side of the lane to the other side of the lane. By accident, I had to drove it while the steering shock absorber stabilizer was removed, and by magic, #3 went straight down the road. I guess the slightly heavy rear weight bias made the steering stabilizer clamping effect on the tie rod too great, and by me accidently removing it, and driving it, I fixed the problem steering aggravation that I lived through for more than 400K miles. It drives like a normal pickup or Blazer now.

24. southerncad

southerncad

Ryan, that's more like "Glamping" than Camping....Kewl!