Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Norm Grabowski: How the 'Kookie Kar" Be Came a T.V. Star !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Dec 27, 2010.

1. 26Troadster

26Troadster

i met norm at the mountain home arkansas t-bucket nationals, great folk.

2. egads

egads

Watched a 1958 episode of Peter Gunn last night and was surprised to see in the first scenes Norm beating the crap out of the t-bucket trying to run somebody over (it was in the plot:) Norm was playing a bad guy gang member) Cool to see him doing that in a $440,000.00 car:D

3. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Do you know the name of that episode? Would have been 1st season. I have them recorded on my DVR and didn't want to watch all of them trying to find that episode. Thanks

4. egads

egads

I believe it was called " Sister's Of The Friendless" .

55 Ford Gasser likes this.
  5. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Thanks, I did have it recorded. I watched the very first part. That was so cool! He was really thrashing it. I think I read somewhere that he didn't care much for others driving it and insisted that he drive it himself. Can you imagine someone else driving your car like that while you watched? Thanks again for the info.

egads likes this.
  6. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Yep ! Norm did that...and was very cool doing it ! Here's a companion Link to the Interview that Norm & I did telling how his career in acting in TV & Movies began...he worked with Elvis too ! http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage170.html

Enjoy this !

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

7. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

atch, John H Edge, butch27...

Norm was as "one man carnival" ! Always funny, always with a new quote to add to your vocabulary, and, ALWAYS had an eye-out for the ladies at each & every event ! When he was in his prime Cruisin' in Hollywood the T-Bucket was always full of girls !
    [​IMG]

THIS IS ANOTHER COMPANION LINK: this is one that has Jerry Weesner ( Editor of Custom Rodder/Street Rodder, et al) & Norm with their memory's of "Crusin' Hollywood In 1957":
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage20.html

Again, this a short Interview, but the history and the info from BOTH Jerry & Norm in their own words...in their own voices, and yes, talking about that car full of girls ! It is just cool.

ENJOY ! And, if you were there at that time too...pass along your memories for us !

Jonnie

8. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

26Troadster...

Thanks for that !

Norm made his home in Arkansas for a number of year's. He loved it when I told him I had not only lived in Hollywood in the early-60's when I was acting, but later worked in radio at 50,000kw KAAY in Little Rock for 3 1/2 year's...it was pure fun there between April of '69 & Sept. of '72 ! I loved every minute of it. That's when AM Radio was "King"...and you could still understand the words to all of the songs !
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage12.html

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

9. frank spittle

frank spittle

That Peter Gunn episode was filmed in 1958, the same year 77 Sunset Strip premiered. I wonder if it preceded 77 SS and if the producers, after seeing that episode, thought it would be a cool sidekick for Kookie.

10. atch

atch

If you were a DJ I probably heard you.

11. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

You're right, Mike ! We had such a great signal that you could get us in Columbia with no problem...I had a whole dorm of girls who were at the college there that used to listen, and write me from there. They were just really nice, and would get a kick out of it some nights when I'd say "Hi" to them on-the-air.

Like I said, that was just so much fun at the time...knowing how many great listeners we had at night due to our superior signal pattern. It was also cool knowing that Norm was very familiar with KAAY too...I always appreciated that. http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage12.html

Thanks, Mike !

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net