Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Soggy Jalopy Showdown 2018 ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, May 12, 2017.

1. Thanks for posting all the pictures, Ron, Scott & Don.:)

Now go dry off.:rolleyes:

2. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

3. ..............You guys are funny....and I'm wet!!!:D;)

4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I walked into the show about 8:15. By 10:15, I was soaked to the bone and ready to leave

5. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Thanks for all the pictures. Did anyone actually drive on the track?

6. Marcia

Marcia

No, way to much water on the track.

Sent from my XT1650 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Many thanks to you my friend for the jump start! New battery time for this dude.

8. oldsroller

oldsroller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from PA

Thanks for the pics, great turnout for the weather. Wasn’t able to make it, trying to get my
    truck ready for paint.

9. We were there, we got wet, we had a good time. See you next year.

10. ...............All the way from Ct. Way to represent.:)

11. I just got home a bit ago. What a nice, {DRY} day for the drive home. ;) But we did have a lot of fun. We made some new friends, and yeah about got washed away too.:eek: Steve, {57dude} Thank's for visiting our campsite. It was so Kool to meet you and your family. And yes, that is one of the coolest 57 Chevys !!!! Sorry guys for not putting up the HAMB banner. We didn't want to ruin it in the rain. If I missed seeing you this year. I'll be sure to {annoy} ya next year.:rolleyes: We also got to spend a lot of time a the Latimore racing museum this year. I just love that place! Thanks Larry, and everyone for all your HARD WORK ! See ya all next year. Ron...

scarylarry, jnaki, mad mikey and 8 others like this.
  12. John Tumolo

John Tumolo

Headed out at 4AM with a load of parts to sell but after driving in a downpour for an hour and with 2 hours to go turned around after hearing the weather report. Missed one of my favorite swaps. Mantuajohn

13. Long range forecast for next year........Sun with a few clouds and 75 degrees.:D;)

14. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the great pics guys. Sorry about the rain.
    Jim

15. 1low52

1low52

Camped at Latimore Friday and Saturday nights. No wipers. Louvers. Rain X. Showdown Proud. Seeyanextyear:)
    20180518_141641.jpg

VA HAMB, scarylarry, Dino 64 and 8 others like this.
  16. Representing the H.A.M.B. in style, Tim! You guys were hard core. The helmets helped, I'm sure.

17. Verminator

Verminator

Celebrated our wedding anniversary in style !!! Larry reserved our luxurious accomodations right next to the dumpster !!! Such peaceful sleep as the flood waters rushed by. Thanks to all who offered well wishes and tromped up to our spot to peruse our treasures and rusty krap. Sold a bunch o'kool krap and bought a bunch too. Never leave the Showdown with a trailer lighter than we brought-- that's the rule. Thanks again to Larry, Kim and the showdown crew for another fun year !!!

18. ...................................Congrats on the anniversary.:)...............Great philosophy on the trailer!;)

19. Verminator

Verminator

Thanks !!! Can still taste the mud like it was yesterday..... wedding 1.jpg wedding3.jpg mud.jpg mud face wedding.jpg

hrm2k, swade41, 47ragtop and 8 others like this.
  20. Obviously you married up.:D;)...........Congrats once again. You both look lovely in Latimore mud.:)

21. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

1955 Nomad Maroon.JPG 40luv or anyone, can you tell me anything about this Maroon '55 Nomad? It looks so much like the one I let go in September of '86 after 10 years of ownership.

22. Vanness

Vanness

Cool pics verminator. Congrats. I just saw this from our local news...

According to Newswatch 16 meteorologists, since March 1, there have been just 14 sunny days and 51 days with precipitation.

Seems to fit the theme around here...

23. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

I don't know anything about that Nomad, other than I took the picture of it.

24. scarylarry

scarylarry

The weather did actually get better after lunch. Thanks so much to everyone that made the trip to support us. We actually had a ridiculously good crowd for the horrible weather we started with. As always, you guys are the BEST!!

25. Thanks go to you and your hard working crew, Larry. 16 years now of one of the best events on the East Coast. You looked more relaxed than at many times in the past as you spent quality time amongst the attendees. The new venue looks to be a great decision. Can't wait for #17. Here's hoping for a beautiful weather day next year.................Don. 05242018.jpg

26. scarylarry

scarylarry

It was nice to actually have time to talk to everyone and let them know the plan for the place. We actually used less then half of the area we have available to us there. We will use it all!

27. Back up. May will be here soon.:D